Magazine maintenance

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 175 times
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      LouF
      Participant

I got this link via email from Cheaper than dirt. I thought it might be useful to others.

Magazine Maintenance: Do’s and Don’ts

wheelsee
        Participant

This may be heretical – I have never cleaned/maintained mags in 10 years. Once I made the mental flip of understanding that mags are consumables, I run them till they stop.

I have “carry” mags and training mags. Once a carry mag gives me even 1 hiccup, I move it to the training group. Once the training mag gives me several hiccups, it gets moved to the “special training” group – the ones I use to force malfunctions.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

This may be heretical – I have never cleaned/maintained mags in 10 years.

It’s going to depend greatly on how and where you carry.

From experience much of my property work and field work is in conditions with much debris possible. Not to mention extreme sweating in my Florida environment. This necessitates increased maintenance.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Another thought I just had, is while magazines are consumable this varies greatly on platform. Some of my magazines are older than many of our Forum members and are as reliable as ever! :yes:

Anonymous
              Inactive

Another thought I just had, is while magazines are consumable this varies greatly on platform. Some of my magazines are older than many of our Forum members and are as reliable as ever! :yes:

This is extra-relevant to those of us in ban states where it’s hard to get standard mags. Also better to know now than after any future bad elections.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.