LPVO Question

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Optics LPVO Question

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by tango. This post has been viewed 191 times
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      billyd
      Participant

I’m considering purchasing an LPVO. Any of you have had any experience with Primary Arms scopes? Primary Arms has an affordable Platinum Series (34mm tube with kick ass ACSS reticle) 1-8x24mm FFP Rifle Scope rated for 50BMG. My concern would be that it isn’t a durable combat proven optic like Trijicon, Aimpoint or NF. Any suggestions?

Keeper
        Participant

3x prism by PA for the last three years. I have used like a rental car beating the shit out of it and still holds zero. It’s just TOOL

plus PA custom service is great

Robert Henry
          Participant

I got a couple Primary arms scopes a few months back. Put on an AR10 and put another one on a milled Saiga AK.

Both zeroed quickly and made good groups at 100 on paper. Both gave first round hits on 3/4 size IDPA steel targets at 419 yards.

The one on the AK I’ve shot more, but maybe only about 500 rounds. Zero hasn’t changed and I’ve noticed no difference.

Definitely get the little lever deal to change magnification, it’s handy.

I think it’s a viable option- we have 4 ACOGs on 4 different AK’s and a couple .308 ACOG’s on a couple of M1As, so I’m definitely not just a “cheap scope” guy. I would say the ACOGs are definitely faster and would be more applicable to a patrolling use than the PA scopes which would be better suited for DM type use IMO.

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
            Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

tango
            Participant

I’m considering purchasing an LPVO. Any of you have had any experience with Primary Arms scopes? Primary Arms has an affordable Platinum Series (34mm tube with kick ass ACSS reticle) 1-8x24mm FFP Rifle Scope rated for 50BMG. My concern would be that it isn’t a durable combat proven optic like Trijicon, Aimpoint or NF. Any suggestions?

What’s your budget? This conversation could go on for a long time without some boundaries.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.