Lots of good Trauma Medical info

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Self-Reliance & Preparedness Medical Care Lots of good Trauma Medical info

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DuaneH
      Participant

I learned a few things from reading this. Some of the TC3 info is not correct, but this is several steps beyond TC3 anyway.
        If all you know is tc3 and you read something in here that appears to contradict tc3, then stick with tc3.
        http://www.ivymikecafe.com/2014/03/20/lets-talk-trauma-part-i-physiology-and-the-pathophysiology-of-shock/

Max
        Keymaster

I commented on the original article (and at the re-post at WRSA which has not been approved yet) and said:

This is a great article. I will say that it does not get the military combat lifesaver/TC3 protocols quite right. In the medical field I am only qualified as a 68W combat medic/EMT, but I do know my TC3 (it’s what combat medics do). The linked article gives my summary of TC3 protocols, which are designed for combat:

http://www.maxvelocitytactical.com/2014/02/intro-tactical-combat-casualty-care-tc3/

Mike came back with:
          “Thanks for the heads up Max. I used the Combat Medic Field Reference edited by Casey Bond, published 2005, so I am sure I am remiss. I will check your site out and get a post up to refer folks to the most updated info. Appreciate it.”

I would urge caution with this: He is a paramedic and it is great information. If you don’t have that background, read it but concentrate on getting your TC3 protocols down. Read my linked article.

DuaneH
          Participant

I probably should have prefaced it with “Don’t try this at home”
            however there are a few advance practice individuals here that might get something out of it. It’s more geared towards medic/EMT and above and most of it is for AFTER the bullets stop flying and you are no longer on the X.

For those who have only had TC3 or less: I wouldn’t recommend getting too much into the mechanics of what is discussed as it is for more advanced practitioners; however, if you keep reading his articles label II, III and IV there is still good info for beginners.

First: Get training. He recommends EMT training.
            Two: Most people don’t have a frame of reference for what grid down medicine looks like and how important simple things like electricity and transportation can make the difference between life and death.

In article III subsection “Training – going from individual to team”
            he talks about the impact of lack of medical training can impact a team in the field.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.