Knives

View Latest Activity

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      First Sergeant

Let’s do something different.

Post pics of your knives. EDC, battle belt or just the ones you like.

One rule, your knife. Not pics from the internet.

Pic attached are my two Randall’s. Top one is a #14 Attack. Bottom one is a #15 Airman.

FILO
        Signal Out, Can You Identify
        Je ne regrette rien
        In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Roadkill
        Participant

Old Emerson Commander. Not in the best shape any more. Liner is a little weak. But is like an old friend.

Civilianresponder
          Participant

Kershaw Blur. US made, durable, easy to sharpen and quick to deploy one handed. Inexpensive so when you mess it up you dont cry. I carry this one everyday.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Top to bottom my EDC.

Benchmade Griptillian when I need a smaller option.

CRTK Hammond Desert Cruiser my normal EDC, a lot of miles and downright abuse on this one and it keeps on going.

CRTK Guppie, a handy multitool the is easily carried.

Gerber Multitool, an old classic.

Edit: I generally carry one knife and one multitool, not all four in case it wasn’t clear.

For brevity I just used online pics for example, my updated post will have my personal pictures.

GreenTip
              Participant

Buck Strider and Emerson CQC-7 for EDC. But once you pull the Randall Knives everyone else is hoping for 2nd place. I do lust after a Randall.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

But once you pull the Randall Knives everyone else is hoping for 2nd place. I do lust after a Randall.

They were always high quality, but weren’t always so expensive relatively speaking. ;-)

This however is beyond me. :unsure:
                  Orders received now are being scheduled for shipment in approximately 5 years.

DuaneH
                  Participant

Cold Steel Voyager XL. I have carried one of these in my pocket since 1998.
                    Recently they upgraded the steel and it is better than the previous generations.

RobRoy
                    Participant

Back in the day we had a Mustang O who had previously been Air Force EOD during the Vietnam war and besides his awesome stories from the war he had a Randall and all of us enlisted chumps were Gerber babies especially the dagger owning steely eyed killas.

JohnnyMac
                      Participant

So interestingly, I have been making custom knives for the past 6 months, primarily focused on knives of a tactical lean.

Some of my recent work:

Lloyd
                        Participant

Made by Halloran Knives.

MVT Texas 2015-2020
                          Team Cowbell / Team Coyote / Team Rekkr

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Some of my recent work:

Nice work, but watch out you’ll have a new profession before you know it. ;-)

Brushpopper
                            Participant

Tom Halloran 360 knife with kydex sheath.
                              Carl Schlieper Eye Brand trapper knife with rawhide sheath.

JohnnyMac
                              Participant

Nice work, but watch out you’ll have a new profession before you know it.

Haha, thanks Joe, you never know :unsure:

BrigandActual
                                Participant

I’ve been slowly building a collection.

My go-to folder is a Benchmade Griptillian that I got 12 years ago. It served me through my USAF career, and continues to be a good knife to clip in a pocket for small tasks.

(Bottom right of this photo, it’s the only one I have)

Benchmade Griptillian

After deciding I wanted more fixed blades in my life, my wife bought a Spartan Breed Fighter/Dagger as a gift for me. I liked the idea of a fighting knife to carry on my kit, but practicality soon won out and this one became more of a show piece than anything.

My search then turned towards the “one” knife I could use for both utility tasks (most likely), and fighting (just in case). I ended up with a Becker Bk-10 (made by KA-BAR). This was the knife I took to HEAT 1 last fall.

It’s a great all round knife, and it has served me well on many backpacking trips for processing wood and cutting cordage. But, once I also picked up an axe, I ultimately decided I wanted something a little smaller for most situations.

This is my axe. It’s a Wetterlings Outdoors Axe #118. Great tool.

To round things out, I received a smaller Becker BK-16 for Father’s Day. I think this will be my go-to knife for most things.

First Sergeant

Nice knives guys, and an axe. That works.

Keep them coming.

But once you pull the Randall Knives everyone else is hoping for 2nd place. I do lust after a Randall.

I had to set the standard. ;-)

FILO
                                    Signal Out, Can You Identify
                                    Je ne regrette rien
                                    In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Brushpopper
                                    Participant

Here’s a couple more:
                                      USMC Ka-Bar, Pine Ridge Knife, and another Carl Schlieper Eye Brand knife.
                                      Most of my Eye Brand knives are daily carry and use knives, cutting boxes, line, castrating calves etc…. you know, normal stuff!

JohnnyMac
                                      Participant

This one is headed off to someone…RGEI anyone?

RobM
                                        Participant

So interestingly, I have been making custom knives for the past 6 months, primarily focused on knives of a tactical lean.

@JohnnyMac
                                          …What kind of set-up have you been using for the knife making? I’m planning to start myself and curious to know your set-up. Initially i was planning to text you but we might have other members that are interested in your set-up as well. Thanks

JohnnyMac
                                          Participant

-Milwaukee deep cut portable band saw on a swag offroad table
                                            -harbor freight vise
                                            -nicholson files (half round, flat for most stuff)
                                            -Oregon Blade Maker 2×72 belt grinder chassis that I built into a functioning unit using 240V with a VFD
                                            -Cast iron drill press from circa 1938
                                            -heat treat done by peter’s Heat Treat…best in the business

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

As something different I thought it might be fun to bump First Sergeant’s thread.

Not to mention the update between then and now has lost most of the pictures.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

So what’s changed for me?

I rarely carry a folder knife any more, only when in bigger cities.

So a Condor Swamp Romper is my EDC choice.

It has a 4 1/2″ blade made with 1075High Carbon Steel and a Walnut Handle.

I usually have a multitool as well.

Attachments:
                                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                            Viewing 20 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.