1. You will not be coddled. Tested? Yes. Challenged? Yes. Overwhelmed? No. Unable to meet the challenge? Not at all. Walk Then Run is a valid teaching concept. The tactics taught are simple to execute and will work in almost every situation- you react and then either fight through or withdraw (and set up a nasty surprise for your pursuers) Simple and elegant.
2. Max is still a Brit. As such, he is polite, listens and instructs rawther (sic) than criticizes. I was my harshest critic. Max is a professional;
3. There is not enough oxygen in West Virginia which will test your PT or lack thereof;
4. The hills are a bit steep which will test your PT or lack thereof;
5. You’ll get to do a lot of shooting and moving and communicating and it will be very different from my previous 5 -day SWAT training (8 years ago) conducted on a square range- more rewarding too;
6. Your learning curve will be very steep, indeed;
7. The Koolwink motel is recommended;
8. El Puente II makes some of the best Mexican food on the East coast;
9. It is refreshing to find that you are not alone in your concerns about future events.
Summary: Get this training now, while you still can.