Its finnaly over

View Latest Activity

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Bill G.
      Participant

Time to get back to work after a 3 month long hunting season here in Maine! From early archery season to late muzzle loader, here is my season. Anyone else have any luck?

Bill G.
        Participant

7pt 140lbs

Max
          Keymaster

Got three doe during archery, didn’t see a buck worth shooting all season. Passed up some spikers and a 4 point, then didn’t see a buck all of rifle season. Been weird weather this year. Didn’t have snow on the ground till Dec. 17th!

Coyote opens up on the 23rd. We’ve been feeding the dogs scraps of raw venison the past couple weeks, and they know what that means. The scent of battle is in the air….

Andrew
            Participant

There’s a season on coyotes, somewhere? Those things are hard on your deer herd come late May or June. Bad for ground nesting birds like quail and turkey too. Only good thing about them is finding poodle and cat hair in their scat.

Max
              Keymaster

Yep, yote season runs from the 23rd of Dec through the last day of March in most places in NY state. Can hunt them with dogs too. Its more action packed with the dogs and gets the little ones exited about hunting.

Pretty much my life as follows
                September till December – whitetail, bear, and the Salmon/steelhead run
                December till April – Coyote
                April till June – Trout
                June – August – Bass, pike, walleye, and one can pray for a Muskie…

Andrew
                Participant

Love calling coyotes. I always know my set-up is good when the first thing that happens is an owl or a hawk come by looking for that free meal.

You should have great pelts up in that area during that season. Good luck on them.

Bill G.
                  Participant

We can hunt them at night here in Maine through winter. Hope to get out there, saw quite a few during archery season.

Corvette
                    Participant

We’ve still got two days of of deer gun season coming up after Christmas and then 4 days of muzzleloader in January. Bow goes till first week of February. I got three during the first week of gun season the beginning of this month. Need to get at least two more, hopefully three. We don’t buy beef. :good: We can shoot coyotes here at any time with anything. Only restriction is during deer gun season you’ve got to have a deer tag and use a gun legal for deer.

trailman
                      Participant

I got two doe during our early BP season here in MD and didn’t see anything during youth or gun season. All of our gun season I took the kids out and didn’t carry. My lot looks like a cattle drive with tracks but it’s all night action. We have a large pack of coyotes up on the mountain by me and I think its really screwing the deer up. Technically I’m three deer short this year as we usually eat five. Our late BP started Saturday and we saw nothing all day.

Max
                        Keymaster

You should have great pelts up in that area during that season. Good luck on them.

Yeah, they have been getting bigger too. Won the big ‘yote competition at a local bar last season with a 69 lbs female. Real blonde pelt, my friends joked that I shot a golden retriever.

Unfortunately the demand for pelts has fallen off. Your lucky to get 10 dollars for one in perfect condition…

Brian from Georgia
                          Participant

I had a bad deer season but my kid wore them out. I was happy for him and the freezer is full, so it’s all good.

Coyote and hogs are so numerous here that there is no season and no limit. You can hunt them at night and now hunting with suppressors is legal. It really makes me want to get a suppressor, NVG and thermal.

Andrew
                            Participant

Yeah, they have been getting bigger too. Won the big ‘yote competition at a local bar last season with a 69 lbs female. Real blonde pelt, my friends joked that I shot a golden retriever.

That’s a big coyote no matter where you’re at. Congrats.

Yeah, Brian, no season, no limit on either here either, but people want to charge you for helping them get rid of their hog infestation. The upside of hogs is the way they breed, it’s a probable steady food supply when the SHTF.

Roadkill
                              Participant

Does no one fish?

Andrew
                                Participant

I am lucky if the worm survives the swimming lesson.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.