If You Go To The Border For A Photoshoot….

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge If You Go To The Border For A Photoshoot….

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      JustARandomGuy
      Participant

THIS IS NOT HOW IT’S DONE! :angry_eyebrows:

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/31/26/02/6643862/3/1280×1280.jpg

To be fair, a couple guys look squared away.
        The rest look like complete twats.
        Oh, but you’re so badass because you can flip off a camera. That’s always great for PR….

Story:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-28/photos-emerge-10-active-militia-teams-securing-rio-grande-river

More Pictures:http://m.chron.com/news/local/article/Photos-show-border-militias-moving-across-Texas-5647487.php

Lesson of the day- if The “S” ever “HTF”, this is what you will be dealing with when it comes time to organize a Neighborhood Defense Force. Or God help us all, a Resistance.
        :wacko:

Max
        Keymaster

What we need is respectable men down there. Sure, these guys are doing a brave thing but the first thing that went through my head is “Do any of these cats have jobs?”

We need to show the world that we are the police officers, the firemen, the doctors, the accountants, the neighbor who will shovel your snow when you’re old, the family who will give you some cookies at Christmas, the man who will help push your car to the nearest gas station. Shirts with skulls don’t cut it. Fat kids in tshirts don’t cut it.

What we (those interested in changing public opinion) need is discipline.

Max
          Keymaster

FWIW I agree. I would have preferred to see a more professional image presented by those that are down there. On the other hand…..they are down there.

Max
            Keymaster

I know. I’m not trying to bash them, but most Americans are completely against the idea of a militia. Those guys down at the border are having a bigger influence affecting public opinion than they are stopping illegals.

USMC0331
              Participant

What I read was that “they” are now the face of the “Oath Keepers” :(

Corvette
                Participant

Despite (or because of) the medias demonization campaign of these good folks they may act as some deterrent because in the countries the invaders come from, non gov’t armed groups commit a lot of massacres.

So if they hear such group are on the border they may induce fear just thru their presence. :good:

If not all of them loot 100% tactical 100% of the time who cares?
                  At least they are out there putting their vacation time on the line for a good cause.
                  Let’s respect them for it instead of criticizing how we would all be doing it better.

USMC0331
                  Participant

The “do something even if it’s wrong” motto only goes so far. Sons of Liberty had the right idea, but sometimes their execution hurt the cause as much as help it.

I suppose you have the same feelings for all the OC idiots getting OC banned these days for packing rifles into Starbucks?

Chris

Again the quiet professional does not pause for a photo shoot, he does his job. These guys (not all but some definite individuals) look like they play so much call of duty they want the real thing…. Does anyone know what the standing SOP is for these guys? ROE, escalation of force?

Max
                      Keymaster

Not a fan of the capris even with scary mask.

JustARandomGuy
                        Participant

…On the other hand…..they are down there.

I agree.
                          My thrust in sharing this isn’t to jump on the bandwagon of “let’s all demonize the militias”.
                          It was this:

…..What we (those interested in changing public opinion) need is discipline.

Again the quiet professional does not pause for a photo shoot, he does his job. These guys (not all but some definite individuals) look like they play so much call of duty they want the real thing…. Does anyone know what the standing SOP is for these guys? ROE, escalation of force?

Carrying your rifle by the magazine says “beers around the campfire last night were great, but now I’m bored, I’m tired, I’m not trained/disciplined enough to push past it and I want to go home”.
                          Obviously I don’t have a soapbox to stand on since I’m no expert, and they’re there not me, but if you don’t know what you’re doing, at least try to *act* like you do. First impressions are lasting impressions, especially on a national level….

From the article- ROE is stated as “…. If in fear of bodily injury, weapons free, if fired upon return fire. Real simple…”We are not worried about an “International” incident if they shoot at us…”

Corvette
                          Participant

Exactly..when I see pics like this I have to wonder what the real motive is. Posturing to fill a fantasy to seem HSLD or what? Just plain pissed off w/ more guns then sense.?..I just feel its about something more..especially when I see a goof wearing a wrestling mask and Punisher patch dressed in all black. He looks like a Cartel Enforcer, or maybe that’s the point..

JohnyMac
                            Participant

“All the General Officers agree that no Dependence can be put on the Militia for a Continuance in Camp, or Regularity and Discipline during the short time they may stay… “To place any dependence upon militia is assuredly resting upon a broken staff.” G.Washington.

All of the pictures seems to be of the same yohos. My point is that not unlike militias of 1775 – Militias of 2014 will not all be equal.

I can join in and point out many irregularities in gear and method of carry however they are there and I am not.

RRS
                              Participant

Sucks that we have to think of wearing masks in our own country, and I would be a little leery of wearing them in some locals because of there have been laws about being masked at political events. I have to go with Shmitty on this one, but with a huge caveat because these days I have a large case of “not giving a F**k” about perceptions.

JustARandomGuy
                                Participant

…. Just plain pissed off w/ more guns then sense.?..I just feel its about something more..

My money would be on the first option. Pissed of people with no real achievable objective or leadership.
                                  However, like the OC Chipotle folks, one always has to wonder if it’s a defamatory publicity stunt…. :scratch:

All of the pictures seems to be of the same yohos. My point is that not unlike militias of 1775 – Militias of 2014 will not all be equal…..

I hope this is the case, and photos seem to support that.

However, on a tangent, they *should* all be equal.
                                  Yeah, maybe every group is not going to be equal skillwise, but is it really that hard to take steps to present yourselves professionally?
                                  Is it really that hard to have a basic set of “do’s and don’ts” when dealing with photo opportunities or press?
                                  Is it really that hard to say ‘wearing a face covering is ok, but don’t get stupid with it’?
                                  Is it really that hard, given the organization a militia-type unit is supposed to have to at least get everyone looking like they’re in a single cohesive group? I’m not saying dictate what everyone wears or carries for gear, but for Pete’s sake, at least matching t-shirts would be nice…
                                  Laugh all you want but a number of years back when I used to play paintball with a somewhat well known team, we managed to get 90% of our guys in SOME sort of uniform for, and for the duration of, an event. And that was just for a game…. Don’t even tell me this can’t be managed for a real life situation.

And finally, is it really that hard to say “no” to camo capris? :laugh:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Despite what may be reported these are not really militia groups, they are a hodgepodge of individuals sorta making up a quasi unit. Most never even knew each other before going to the border.

The few so-called militia’s that I would call somewhat competent have been avoiding these efforts to my knowledge.

I won’t say never, but I don’t see myself traveling too far out of my AO, particularly as a solo to meet total unknowns. These self proclaimed “commanders” just rub me wrong, I would rather hear someone say “I am John Doe an American who is calling on other Americans to help.” Rather than “I am Commander Doe calling the militia.”

I hope that this NG call up in Texas works out well, maybe then other States would follow their example.

I give an “A” for effort, but a “D-” for presentation.

Let’s hope they don’t get stupid.

JustARandomGuy
                                    Participant

Despite what may be reported these are not really militia groups, they are a hodgepodge of individuals sorta making up a quasi unit. Most never even knew each other before going to the border.

The few so-called militia’s that I would call somewhat competent have been avoiding these efforts to my knowledge.
                                      …..

Ah- I see.
                                      Well that makes a little more sense.

Andrew
                                      Participant

Except for possibly acting as a security force for some of the land owners, who have given permission for them to be there, I am not sure what they are accomplishing.

They are exposing themselves to legal action for unlawfully detaining someone. And even if there is no legal action against them and they stop some aliens, what’s going to happen. Nada!

The BP will relieve them of the aliens, process the aliens and ship them off inland anyway, so that the local jurisdictions will end up bearing the costs of supporting them.Off

You can pretty much bet that Holder et al, will come after them with the full weight of the DOJ if they injure one of the little darling.

Max
                                        Keymaster

An idea, if the Kurdistan deployment never comes to fruition, then what if MVT were to provide protection for the ranchers/property owners? That way some security is provided, and trusted students can get some real world experience in observation, patrolling, living in the field, etc.?

Max
                                          Keymaster

I saw a guy wearing a tan and black shemagh in a video. “hey dude, why not a red and black one so you can really show your ignorance ”

Idiots.

I’m 100% behind people that can and do go. But they need to be smart and work to further the agenda and movement and not screw it up.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.