Hurricane Dorian

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Self-Reliance & Preparedness Hurricane Dorian

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Well here we are again, some of us anyhow. ;-)

As you can see there are many possibilities and this is by know means certain where it’s going to hit if anywhere.

Locally in my North Florida area many gas stations are already down to Premium Gas only. Diesel is still available.

Bottled water is vanishing fast, since it’s the only alternative (dripping in sarcasm). Groceries are also disappearing, the three day supply doesn’t react well to panic buying.

I had to fill two 5 gallon has cans yesterday as my only needed purchase. :yes: This joins the many other already filled cans.

Many people are already getting weird. Those in potential affected areas need to increase awareness when out and about. As noted in the past, consider the Black Friday fights and how much more desperate those that don’t prepare can get.

The weather geeks are doing there best to spread fear among the ignorant.

As in the past let’s keep any updates we discover posted for our areas.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Note: Above charts auto update as new data becomes available.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Comparison between models a day apart.

So things maybe changing somewhat, you never really know until it almost happens.

Resupply of fuel is continuing, but is barely keeping up, of course that means it is available to those that don’t plan ahead.

With 140+mph winds it is certainly dangerous, but the rain fall amounts area bigger danger for some due to flooding.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Too early to let guard down, but things continue to look better for Florida, but increased threat to Georgia, South Carolina, and up the East Coast.

Those further North should be reviewing their preparations for possible use.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

The eye is over Abacos Islands with max winds of 185 mph, that’s over 200 mph.

Few have any reference point to truly understand winds that strong.

Comparable to a F3 Tornado…
                    Severe damage.
                    Roofs and some walls torn off well-constructed houses; trains overturned; most trees in forest uprooted; heavy cars lifted off the ground and thrown.

:wacko:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Eye passage, not a good idea to go out, but it’s hard not to!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Well finally have something to uodate. ;-)

Dorian is currently down to a Category 2 with winds at 110mph moving 325° at 5mph. Current models are encouraging, but keep an eye out if in potentially affected areas.

Above picture reminded me that those who have pets in flood prone areas should be prepared for movement with your animals. This could range from flotation vest/harness to flotation crates.

Consider the threat of wildlife such as Alligators in my area. A flotation vest on a dog could be the equivalent of baiting a gator. ;-)

Additionally those in Southern Texas need to watch Tropical Storm Fernand.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Talk about riding the edge of the coast!

…at least for now. ;-)

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Robert Henry
                            Participant

Hope your staying dry Joe!

It looks like it could have been worse with more of a direct hit. A little rain we can use though.

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
                              Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

For me it’s been a complete miss! :yes:

Biggest potential problem will be the next hurrricane, many will not take it serious.

There is the potential for some isolated flooding, particularly late tonight/early tomorrow. Won’t be a issue for me.

Hope the Carolina’s and Virginia are as fortunate.

rampantraptor
                                Participant

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/09/marianne-williamson-hurricane-dorian

Looks like everyone used enough mind power to push Dorian out to sea, nice work folks.

Too funny not to share.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.