HEAT 2 Squad Combat Class: August 22-25: Space Available

View Latest Activity

Home Forums MVT News & Training Updates HEAT 2 Squad Combat Class: August 22-25: Space Available

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Part of the Raid Objective

We have spaces available on the HEAT 2 Combat Class August 22-25. This was formerly the Combat Patrol Class but has involved significantly. This class moves your tactical understanding on from the basic team level of the HEAT 1 class, to squad level tactical operations such as ambush and raid – if you do not attend HEAT 2, you are severely limiting your tactical capabilities.

The HEAT 2 Class does not involve an overnight patrol base, and is focused on learning and repetition of live fire ‘actions on the objective’ relevant to Recon, Raid and Ambush.

Hostile Environment Advanced Tactics 2 (HEAT 2) is a four day class which moves beyond the HEAT 1 class, covering essential tactics, techniques and procedures (T.T.P.s) to allow you to detect, assess and reduce hostile threats in an unconventional kinetic environment.  It will give you the knowledge and training that you will need to not only defend your home base, but also to know what techniques hostile forces may use against you. Topics include:

• Patrol Techniques.
      • Gear: carriage and use.
      • Reconnaissance.
      • Ambush.
      • Raid.
      • Ground Domination Activity (GDA) / Security Patrolling.

It is a requirement to have attended Hostile Environment Advanced Tactics 1 (HEAT 1) prior to HEAT 2. This class will involve tactical movement, actions on contact including break contact drills, ambush, raid and reconnaissance patrols. This is a live fire class.

Classes are open to prior HEAT 1 students only. Priced at $800 per person for the four days.

CLASS DESCRIPTION PAGE

Outline Curriculum (4 Day):

Class outline (subject to rearrangement):

Day 1 ‘Basics:’

• Patrol Theory: Principles and mechanics of planning and organizing a patrol.
      • Patrol Movement/Security.
      • Live Fire Revision from CTT:
        • Assault Drills.
        • Team Break Contact Drills.

Day 2 ‘Reconnaissance:’

• Gear: ruck/patrol pack theory, equipment and packing.
      • Patrol Movement/Security.
      • Reconnaissance Patrol: Close Target Recce.
      • ‘Actions On.’
      • PM: Live Fire: This follows on as a progression from the drills learned on CTT:
        • Overwatch & multiple team break contact drills.
        • The MVT Box Peel – L-Shaped ambush / multiple firing point technique.
      • Night: Practical Reconnaissance Patrol Exercise.

Day 3 ‘Ambush:’

• AM: Ambush theory & Rehearsals.
      • AM: Live Fire Ambush Patrol
      • PM: Live Fire Ambush Patrol

Day 4 ‘Attack Day:’

• Hasty Attack – live fire.
      • Raid (Deliberate Attack) – live fire.
      • Class AAR

BOOK HERE

Accommodation: The second night of the class (night of day 2) will include a day / night reconnaissance patrol, complete by midnight. You are able to stay on site, or in local hotels, for each night of the class – your choice. 

Gear: The standard HEAT 1 suggested equipment list remains in place for HEAT 2. In addition, you will be expected to bring and carry a lite patrol pack in addition to your load bearing equipment (i.e. battle belt/chest rig/plates).

Ammunition: 1,200 – 1,500 rounds approx. More is always useful.

Technology: If you have NVGs and FLIR, bring it. We will work with what you have. 

Safety: Bring a whistle on a lanyard and a chemical light stick. This will form part of your safety equipment for the night recce patrol. Pen flares and a compass/map will be loaned.

Wrist Watch: analogue watch with luminous dial/hands is preferred.

BOOK HEREE

Don’t be Basic

Incipient
      Participant

Checking in.

My brother and I will both be there. :yahoo:

Max
      Keymaster

This class is currently at 5. There is something up with HEAT 2 and I can’t figure it out. I already moved this class once. I am definitely going to run the class with 5, but I want 8 as a great number.

So, what is the chat out there about HEAT 2? People don’t think they need it?

In fact, this class is the only live fire class that actually teaches you to operate as a squad and conduct real operations. HEAT 1 is a basic intro to tactics class up to team level. It is teaching you techniques which are designed to be incorporated into tactics. You can achieve the incorporation into squad tactics on FoF and Combat Leader, which are all complimentary classes, but you are not learning live fire squad attack, ambush, raid, break contact etc. I highly recommend HEAT 2 prior to CLC for maximum benefit.

In fact, I would not have any of the classes we offer if they were not all complimentary as part of a progression / parallel development of live fire / airsim, to make you tactically capable.

Properly, although we allow latitude as an intro to tactical training for the FoF classes, including CLC, by allowing people to train with no pre-reqs (no safety issue), the FoF class are best taken once the live fire HEAT 1 and 2 are completed, as a test of skills.

Is there some misunderstanding of HEAT 2 based on what the class used to be? People think they are going to be out overnight or hiking miles? I had a guy just book who thought he absolutely needed night vision for the day/night recce, but in fact we have always had mixed teams of NODS / No-NODS go out on that. If there are misunderstandings, this forum is here to communicate and clear that stuff up.

Go check out the HEAT 2 page here:

https://maxvelocitytactical.com/tactical-classes/patrol/

Max
      Keymaster

Boost it, savages!

ffhounddog
      Participant

Max,

I’m going through a divorce right now but will sign up for the class but I am also not wanting to be out $800 if I have to go to court on the custody. Let me know if i can Sign up and hopefully I can make it. I will as the lawyers about it. Most of your course have been falling on Drill weekends for me and making money has been a priority to pay for lawyer bills.

Max
      Keymaster

:yes:

Incipient
      Participant

Come on guys and gals! This class takes the basic maneuvers that you learned in HEAT 1 and shows you how to really apply them to your advantage when defending whats yours or conducting ground domination activities. You will not regret taking this class.

Also, read the Tactical Manual!

ffhounddog
      Participant

I just Put in for leave so let me make sure it gets approved or I’ll just call out sick, wait bad cell phone reception.

Max
      Keymaster

We are now at a solid paid 6, with others talking about it, so it’s looking good. Class is a go either way.

Max
      Keymaster

Bumped

ffhounddog
      Participant

My leave is approved.

Need to move funds around.

Robert
      Participant

An absolute must class!! Great stuff!

Max
      Keymaster

If you are following the MVT IG, you will have seen the work we are doing on a new ambush site. Will be way better, and not so steep as the one we have been using.

ffhounddog
      Participant

Boss is being a dick and canceled my leave, going to put in for sick leave because reasons.

Incipient
      Participant

Boss is being a dick and canceled my leave, going to put in for sick leave because reasons.

Good move. I just didn’t ask for leave. I’ll be sick.

ffhounddog
      Participant

Yeah it’s approved.

Now need to pay.

ffhounddog
      Participant

So where are people staying for this jaunt?

ffhounddog
      Participant

Max,

Can I pay cash? Trying not to put this on the credit card if possible.

Rich

ffhounddog
      Participant

I was trying to book the class and it will not allow me.

GreenTip
      Participant

Koolwink for lodging

Incipient
      Participant

My brother and I will be at the Koolwink as well, and at least one other guy that we know is going.

Healthhokie
      Participant

Koolwink

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.