HEAT 1 April 2019

View Latest Activity

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Hessian
      Participant

With 2 weeks to go until the class, anyone on the forum going?

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Max.
        Pewtin
        Participant

I will be there with my son.

Team Rekkr

Billy
          Participant

Same here ill be there with my son also, are we doing night vision on night? I would like to

LittleBigBill
            Participant

I’m coming from Austin to my first MVT class!
              I’m very excited! Performed my self-qualifying fitness test and while not exciting as to the time, I made it with time to spare.
              I’m staying at the Koolwink…. anyone else?

Hessian
              Participant

Just booked the koolwink this morning. It’s a 4 hour drive for me coming out of PA. I plan to get there Wednesday evening before dark.

mntman
                Participant

I will be flying in from California and getting to the Koolwink Wednesday evening. I am open to the night vision option if Max is willing and there are enough participants.

Billy
                  Participant

Max, Are you considering doing night vision for this class?

kmiller356
                    Participant

driving in from NE Kansas be at the Koolwink wed. afternoon

LittleBigBill
                      Participant

Questions for my first class…

1) I’m flying out at noon on Monday through Dulles airport, should I stay in the Dulles area Sunday night? I’m concerned about traffic coming all the way in from Romney, and I’m shipping luggage back so I have to get to a FedEx shipping center (Walgreens won’t do.)

2) Best groceries shopping in Romney, Food Lion?

3) How much time do we have for lunch? (30-60 mins?)

4) Does anyone want to meet for dinner on Wednesday night? What time and where? I’ll be there all day Wednesday. (I’m staying at the Koolwink.)

Mike Q
                        Participant

I live 20 minutes from Dulles. The drive from Dulles to Romney is 2 hours. The cost to stay in Romney is half of that in Dulles. Depending on your flight time, I’d drive to Romney and crash there.

Groceries in Romney is the food lion. Not much else.

Lunch is usually 45 to an hour. Bring all your food with you. You will not have time to go back into town.

LittleBigBill
                          Participant

Mike Q, thanks for the info. See you all in a few days.

LittleBigBill
                            Participant

It looks like Virginia and West Virginia is reciprocity with Texas’ License To Carry, excepting open carry for Virginia, per the NRA-ILA website.

Anyone know differently?

LittleBigBill
                              Participant

after looking at several other sites, I’ve determined that I’m okay to conceal carry in Virginia and unrestricted carry in West Virginia.
                                If I’ve missed something, give me notice…

Hessian
                                Participant

So after doing some digging, Max does offer night firing if there are enough students interested however I was told this may incur additional cost.

From reading the website you must provide your own equipment.

NECESSARY EQUIPMENT

Gear / weapons as per the HEAT 1 class.
                                  Quality hands free night vision device that will not fail on you i.e. PVS-14, head mounted.
                                  Infrared aiming laser (DBAL type or similar), mounted on the weapon
                                  Ear protection (electronic is preferred but we understand the limitations of equipment integration)
                                  Clear eye protection

Sadly, I don’t own this type of equipment.

Billy
                                  Participant

I have two individuals interested in night fire, anyone that can do it I HIGHLY recommend it, very few facilities do true live fire night training and this is taught by the best!!! It’s definitely worth the extra money! So, max I’m in for two spots if you are holding night fire

Max
                                    Keymaster

Guys, don’t assume I see every post on this forum. If you have a specific question you want me to see, email me.

LittleBigBill
                                      Participant

Well some things just don’t go as planned…

After working on a tree trimming/felling project for weeks and trying to be uber-careful I came away from Saturday’s chipping/shredding with an injury.

It seems that a large limb and the side of the chipper were destined to meet violently with my hand in the middle.

Luckily, just my fingers were in the way and I have one broken finger tip and one fractured finger tip. My trigger finger was spared though!

I”ll be at class although my fitness test run will suffer. (I did fine for my self test.) I’ve been waiting too long to get to one of Max’s class and no way am I going to miss this one!

Robert
                                        Participant

Pixelman- sorry to hear that. But this is why God gave us two hands!! I tore a muscle in my right arm doing combatives about a month ago. Been working more left handed rifle work because of it, but it’s almost back to GTG now.

Good luck, you should do fine!

LittleBigBill
                                          Participant

yes, i figured a lot of off hand manipulations…

Hessian
                                            Participant

Sorry to hear about your accident Pixelman, Glad that you still have all of your digits.

LittleBigBill
                                              Participant

Could have been a lot worse. Leaving today for Romney, so excited, See you all there tomorrow.

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.