tango
      Participant

Do you see what I see?

wheelsee
        Participant

Friendly fire ain’t so friendly……..

Corvette
          Participant

Moral of this story is; when you’re stealing from the bad guys make sure you are a whole hellva a lot badder than they are. A tactical plan from the ghost of Erwin Rommel couldn’t hurt either.

Tango
            Great stuff. That kind of friendly fire craziness does happen in this kind of case. Very plausible.

However, I have never ever encountered such a scenario associated with a decent reload or even the presence of a spare magazine! Maybe a loose extra shotgun shell in a pocket, but most often handguns loaded with the wrong magazine (it is just jammed in there) or even the wrong caliber ammo in the gun! Never test fired and certainly never zeroed.

My experiences in this regard gives me great comfort. Hope the traditions continue.

Corvette
            Participant

Two urban warriors recently saw each other on Bourbon Street in New Orleans and opened up on each other. Only people hit were bystanders.Thank god these morons don’t practice.

wheelsee
              Participant

Two urban warriors recently saw each other on Bourbon Street in New Orleans and opened up on each other. Only people hit were bystanders.Thank god these morons don’t practice.

Shreveport LA – we used to say the safest place to be in a drive-by shooting was the intended victim…..

SeanT
                Keymaster

Tango
                  Great stuff. That kind of friendly fire craziness does happen in this kind of case. Very plausible.

However, I have never ever encountered such a scenario associated with a decent reload or even the presence of a spare magazine! Maybe a loose extra shotgun shell in a pocket, but most often handguns loaded with the wrong magazine (it is just jammed in there) or even the wrong caliber ammo in the gun! Never test fired and certainly never zeroed.

My experiences in this regard gives me great comfort. Hope the traditions continue.

Very interesting perspective you get John. Glad to hear the badguys are still kinda not good at most things.

Corvette
                  Participant

Unfortunately I’ve seen situations where law enforcement shooting was equally egregious. Does anyone remember NYPD a few years ago on a man with a gun on a crowded Manhattan street. When the smoke cleared the only ones hit by police gunfire was innocent citizens. The suspect was arrested. There were times I wondered whose side some of my compatriots were on.

tango
                    Participant

Friendly fire, yes, but the real point: It’s a BREAK CONTACT! Bonus, with a casualty. Look past the Hollywood effects and you will see, believe it or not, Omar Little and his friends actually have a little bit of tactical sense here.

2:20 Contact initiated. Omar takes the initiative because of situational awareness.
                      2:20-2:30 Breaking Contact to cover behind the car
                      2:30-3:18 Return Fire
                      3:18-3:28 Gaining Fire Superiority. The guys up in the windows have to seize fire and take cover
                      3:28-3:35 Bounding Back by buddy pairs!
                      3:35-3:45 Casualty – emotion – start to lose tactical sense
                      3:45-4:00 Omar keeps his cool and pulls them together to GTFO

Corvette
                      Participant

The tactical sense comes from the scriptwriter, or maybe the technical consultant he talked to. This scenario,at least in my humble experience, does not happen in the American urban jungle. And we should all be thankful it doesn’t. It’s bad enough now if the bad guys were competent heaven help us.
                        Not trying to argue, I understand you’re referencing it as a teaching experience but some of us are glad it’s just TV and not real.

Anonymous
                        Inactive

The tactical sense comes from the scriptwriter, or maybe the technical consultant he talked to. This scenario,at least in my humble experience, does not happen in the American urban jungle. And we should all be thankful it doesn’t. It’s bad enough now if the bad guys were competent heaven help us.
                          Not trying to argue, I understand you’re referencing it as a teaching experience but some of us are glad it’s just TV and not real.

It’s not always guys shooting westside with Saturday night specials. These folks absorb the same video games and movies we do, some of them will attempt to emulate what they see, even if it’s not 100%. Think of all the “tactical” videos ISIS has tried put out – they can pick up an over-simplified understanding of the basics even if they’re not high-speed operators taking classes at MVT. I can see some of the brighter folks in that lifestyle shooting, moving, and communicating like this without a terrible amount of training.

There are also some folks out there with the right training that go the wrong way, don’t forget that, either.

I spent like an hour trying to figure out what part of my city this was filmed in but couldn’t figure it out. Apparently a lot of the hood scenes were filmed in West Baltimore off of North Avenue but I really don’t go around that part of town so… :unsure:

Corvette
                          Participant

The most trained criminal I know of was in Albuquerque,nm back in the 90’s. He pulled a string of bank heists dressed in black pants and shirt. Natually the media dubbed him “the ninja bandit”.He was very controlled never stayed in the bank more than a few minutes and left even if clerks were still handing him money. Obviously he knew how long it took the alarm company to notify the PD.
                            Cutting to the chase he was caught after he killed a security guard one night while stealing a car to use in his next job. Through his own stupidity of calling a local gun shop enquiring if he could order a new barrel for a Glock, same gun used in murder, he was tracked down. He turned out to be an Albuquerque police officer who had also been in Marine Force Recon. They used the SWAT team to arrest him. I would not have wanted to confront him alone. He’s now doing life in another state in Protective Custody so he stays alive to do his sentence.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.