Glove Preferance

View Latest Activity

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      farmer
      Participant

What type of glove(s) have you tried ( Nomex Flight, Mechanix Wear, P.I.G., etc.) & what do you like or dislike about them?

How much feel do you have on the trigger, manual dexterity, etc.?

Or, do you NOT where gloves for a specific reason?

farmer

hellokitty
        Participant

Always wear gloves, hand guard can get hot. I have used Mechanix and flight gloves. Both have good feel. The benefit of flight gloves is to cover up your watch that has tritium, bright at night.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
          HEAT 2 (CP) X1
          FOF X3
          OPFOR X2
          CLC X2
          RIFLEMAN

BrigandActual
          Participant

Mechanix and SKD PIG have been my go to for a long time. I get better dexterity with the PIGS, and they work with my phone too (in case I’m running a ballistic calculator).

Socks
            Participant

Mechanix Wear are the only gloves I use. Want to try the PIG gloves but don’t think it is really worth it when I was able to score a lot of clearance mechanix wear :good:

Keeper
              Participant

The pig gloves are great but they don’t cover your wist much. I had a pair and gave them to a friend. I have a pair of black hawk leather one which are great except after my dog got them. the mechanix are good I wear a pair of then now and along with what left of my leather ones

farmer
                Participant

Thanks for the responses. I was working with the flight gloves last nite with my Glock 19. Saw the PIG on a website & was curious.

Thanks, farmer

farmer
                  Participant

Always wear gloves, hand guard can get hot.

Not only that,I just watched the beginning of the latest video Max put up & the ungloved hands REALLY stand out. The face did also.

farmer

Jamison
                    Participant

I have a bunch of mechanics gloves, both the slip on and the strap kind. I also cut the trigger and thumb fingers out enough to fire trigger and manipulate slide.

Put some camo paint on your hands if you need to get rid of the shine.

It sucks, but kinda works.

Also, elastic band works well for covering up tritium on the watch strap. I’ve also used flight gloves, still cut the fingers out tho, and I also roll the cuffs down to my wrists too. So six of one, half dozen of the other for me, and I got a bunch of mechanics in multicam on sale for 50% off.

Can’t go wrong with mechanix, cheap and hold up for a long time.

JohnnyMac
                      Participant

I think the way the glove fits is most important. I’m always trying on work gloves when I come across them and generally like whatever fits the best as long as they aren’t an outrageous color.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I think the way the glove fits is most important.

This is the most important consideration.

Gloves aren’t rocket science, issue flight gloves come in something like 10 sizes and when properly fitted are as close to not wearing gloves as you can get. They hold up reasonably well for our uses of protection and camouflage. I used them since they were issued free. I usually had two pairs, one to fit normally and one to fit over a pair of issue wool glove liners. They cost in the $30 dollar range.

Find something that works in a price you can live with and buy half a dozen of them and your set.

Have some heavy duty work gloves available too.

frostysilverback
                          Participant

Usually PIG or Mechanix, but my favorite is Outdoor Research / Massif Overlord gloves. The overlords are pricey, but damn is it a good glove.

JustARandomGuy
                            Participant

I think the way the glove fits is most important.

This is the most important consideration.

Gloves aren’t rocket science, issue flight gloves come in something like 10 sizes and when properly fitted are as close to not wearing gloves as you can get. They hold up reasonably well for our uses of protection and camouflage. I used them since they were issued free. I usually had two pairs, one to fit normally and one to fit over a pair of issue wool glove liners. They cost in the $30 dollar range.

Find something that works in a price you can live with and buy half a dozen of them and your set.

Have some heavy duty work gloves available too.

I have an absolutely terrible time findng gloves that fit me, so that “ten sizes” thing is intriguing.
                              Do you have a reputable dealer, or link to where to buy?

Per the topic- I currently run Mehcanix standard velcro-closure since they’re a whopping $20/pr and the only damn “tactical” gloves I can find that fit me. :cry:
                              To be blunt, Mechanix needs to step their game up, as the fit and finish has gotten worse with each successive generation that comes out…

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I have an absolutely terrible time findng gloves that fit me, so that “ten sizes” thing is intriguing.

Here is how to determine your size.

null

Measure in inches around the fullest part of your palm. Order the size closest to your hand measurement. Gloves stretch a little, so the fit should be snug.

Note: Some sights will list sizes in centimeters (NATO) size.

Here are two options, but there are others now that you know how sizes work.

Gloves, Nomex, Flyer’s, Summer, Green, New Condition $24.99 (limited sizes)

and…

Flying Gloves $32.00 (almost all sizes and multiple color options)

Corvette
                                Participant

I like Mechanix, but my favorite pair are Hatch, with goatskin palms and kevlar thread in the back so they are cut resistant. Got up against a shot up barrel with the Mechanix once and ripped a hole right through them.

First Sergeant

Gloves are a disposable item. I always carried a spare pair in my ruck or patrol pack. They weigh nothing and take up almost no room.

The ones a wear are nomex and kevlar.

FILO
                                    Signal Out, Can You Identify
                                    Je ne regrette rien
                                    In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.