Glock 42 – .380 Ammo

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Ammunition Glock 42 – .380 Ammo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Spencer
      Participant

In case anyone out there has a Glock 42, Blazer Ammunition .380 Auto 95 gr. FMJ = 90-100% fail, at least in my gun.

Hornady American Gunner 380 AUTO 90 gr XTP = 100% success, in both factory and after market magazines.

With the Blazer, I get stovepipes or some other malfunction almost 100% of the time. It was very frustrating for me to find that out in my first DCH class with the 1stSG. Luckily I was able to switch up to my XD 9mm subcompact and not encounter any more than the normal problems. The Blazer is great for malfunction drills, unfortunately though, I’ve got a lot of it.

1stSG says to find what works in your gun, then run only that. I’ll still probably sell the G42 and standardize on 9mm, but at least in the meantime I know how to make it consistently go “bang” when I pull the trigger. :yes:

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Spencer.

DCH 10/2019
        H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

ffhounddog
        Participant

The blazer .380 and 9mm is weak. Had some issues in a P2000sk with the 9mm stuff but the 40sw is decent.

I have been looking at a .380 handgun as a pocket gun and was looking at the G42 but might go with a P238 since I have not heard of any issues with it with Blazer ammo.

Spencer
          Participant

I struggled with the decision to go .380. I looked at all the ballistic test and talked myself into the round being “almost” as powerful as a 9mm. I test-fired all of the contenders chambered in .380 and to me, the G42 felt the best. The size and convenience of the gun is undeniable. In the summer, in cargo shorts, just throw it in your pocket in one of those flat-profile holsters, and forget it’s there. That part is awesome. But…after taking the DHC and having it fail, (to be fair, 1stSG made ALL the guns fail.. ;-) ), and just the general nagging doubt in my mind about the round, I’ve decided to get rid of it and standardize on 9mm. So I’ll be selling this one and buying the HK 9mm recommended by the First Sergeant. It’s not a pressing issue in the winter because I’m carrying my XD subcompact with two backup mags each with a capacity of 15 rounds, so I feel good about that.

Good luck on finding the one that works for you.

DCH 10/2019
            H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.