Gifting an IFAK

View Latest Activity

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      wheelsee
      Participant

Rather than have separate kits for each major piece of equipment (including outdoor/hunting gear), I used a FoodSaver to vacuum pak an IFAK that can be quickly moved from pack to pack (or even a thigh pocket).

The first picture is of the separate components (I have since added a cravat, see last picture) – Chest Dart, HyFin chest Seal, Nasopharyngeal airway (pre-lubricated), 4″ Israeli Dressing, Z-fold dressing, and 2 pair of Nitrile Gloves.

The 2nd picture is everything compressed into a quart-bag. Notice the notches towards the top but below the seal – IMPORTANT!! You WILL need a knife or scissors to open this package without these – I’ve played around with and with these notches, the package is easily opened with minimal effort.

The last picture is with the cravat and Z-fold dressing removed from their respective packages. Do NOT remove the chest seals or NPA or chest Dart from their respective packages (until needed) – will GREATLY reduce their usability.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by wheelsee. Reason: picture edits
        • This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by wheelsee.
        Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        wheelsee
        Participant

And JUST WHERE DEAR DOC are your TQs??

GREAT question!! You have been to DCH class right?? No?? Well those that have will know Scott’s answer to this………. ON MY PERSON!!

I have a half-dozen TQs that reside within arm’s reach as I type this out. Carry same number in my truck. ALWAYS have one in my R thigh pocket. Have one on each of my PCs. Have a half-dozen in EACH of my vehicle aid-bags.

BTW – total cost for the above kits, less than $50. You did take advantage of the 20% off sale from Rescue Essentials, right? Also keep an eye on Chinook Medical.

If you have ANY questions on medical kits/supplies, ASK!! That’s what we do here (MVT) – TRIBE!

Brushpopper
          Participant

And JUST WHERE DEAR DOC are your TQs??
            If you have ANY questions on medical kits/supplies, ASK!! That’s what we do here (MVT) – TRIBE!

Good stuff @wheelsee !! :good:
            Battle buddy/Tribesman!

Civilianresponder
            Participant

Awesome! I do the same with my EDC trauma kit.
              Cant wait to see what you’ve got for Texas 2020.

wheelsee
              Participant

Cant wait to see what you’ve got for Texas 2020.

all hands-on :yahoo: :yahoo:

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.