Gel Ear Cups

View Latest Activity

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      First Sergeant

I use the Gel Ear Cups on my Peltors. They are way better than the standard ear cups that come on electronic ear pro. They seal better, especially over eye pro.

The one thing that most don’t do is replace them at regular intervals. Like anything else, they wear out over time. Especially the more you use them and sweat in them. I can’t give you a timeline on when you should replace them. That is something that you are going to have to do yourself. You can tell a difference in the noise when they start to wear out.

Once your hearing is gone, it’s gone.

You should be regularly inspecting them. Just like you do with the rest of your gear, right? When I get home from a class and unload all my gear I go through everything that I used at class to check for any damage and serviceability. You should be doing the same.

Attached are pics of the gel cups that I replaced and the new ones. You can see the difference.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.

FILO
        Signal Out, Can You Identify
        Je ne regrette rien
        In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

veritas556
        Participant

Had never considered these a wear item. Looked at mine and lo and behold – they’re wrinkled up like your old pair. Thanks for the nugget!

Speaking of this, the concept of a gear check makes a lot of sense, both pre and post-class. Any chance on developing a list that can be stickied to gear/training forum or something? It’s easy to say check “everything” but I’ll bet you’d identify some things many wouldn’t have thought of like the earpro.

Roadkill
          Participant

These are a little over $40.00 a set. Just so you won’t be shocked. Money well spent.

wheelsee
            Participant

On another note (gel ear cups) – buy them for other brands also, such as Howard-Leights, etc.

I use MSA’s (my first introduction to gel ear cups) but have several HL (Howard-Leights) for my NRA classes. Having been introduced to the gel ear cups, I did some searching and found some for my HLs.

The point being – with the internet, do some searching for gel ear cups for your particular brand of hearing pro……you won’t regret it. Gel ear cups takes comfort to a whole nother level…..

Pinky
              Participant

I just bought my first set of gel cups for some old Howard Leights. WELL worth it, way more comfortable!

First Sergeant

Had never considered these a wear item. Looked at mine and lo and behold – they’re wrinkled up like your old pair. Thanks for the nugget!

Speaking of this, the concept of a gear check makes a lot of sense, both pre and post-class. Any chance on developing a list that can be stickied to gear/training forum or something? It’s easy to say check “everything” but I’ll bet you’d identify some things many wouldn’t have thought of like the earpro.

Your first paragraph is why I posted this.

I’ll see what I can come up with.

These are a little over $40.00 a set. Just so you won’t be shocked. Money well spent.

Yeah they cost a little bit, but how much is your hearing worth.

@wheelsee and @Pinky I think most of the other companies are starting to offer these. Way more comfortable.

FILO
                  Signal Out, Can You Identify
                  Je ne regrette rien
                  In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.