Frangible for CQB

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Ammunition Frangible for CQB

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

I posted about the updates to the CQBC where we will require a little bit of Frangible for some of the close range drills on steel. We ran these drills at the last class on paper and doing it on steel will be better.

I have been successfully using this frangible from SG Ammo. Also, at 33 cents a round, it may even be a competitor for training ammo anyway? Change my mind?

If you buy it all (I just bought 1000 rounds more, it is showing 8 in stock now) then fuck you, and don’t ask me for ammo at class, if I can’t get it! :wacko:

https://www.sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/500-round-case-556-x-45mm-50-grain-frangible-soft-point-federal-ammo-xm556nt1

Brushpopper
        Participant

But I want it all!! lol :yahoo:

Abacus
          Participant

I have used low power frangible ammo during my very limited training on the M4. The guns short stroked like crazy and had all sorts of other fun malfunctions. My experience may not be the same as yours though since we were using CATM range guns that were shot to hell and not as well cared for as they probably should be. Also, some of the mags we were using were old enough to be pulling in retirement checks.

Max
            Keymaster

I have used low power frangible ammo during my very limited training on the M4. The guns short stroked like crazy and had all sorts of other fun malfunctions. My experience may not be the same as yours though since we were using CATM range guns that were shot to hell and not as well cared for as they probably should be. Also, some of the mags we were using were old enough to be pulling in retirement checks.

Dude, don’t throw misdirection out there based on ‘very limited training on the M4’ (WTF?). The frangible is not ‘low power’it bbn simply disintegrates on impact. It is what I am using in the Tactical Reload Max Talk.

Billy
              Participant

How many rounds of frangible ammo should we bring?

Max
                Keymaster

I updated the webpage. May have said approx 100. We don’t really know, this will be a first time running this. Amyone from the last class got an estimate of what we expended doing the single man live entry drills on day 1? We said we would do more.

Consider that if cost works for you, bring a case of 500 frangible and just use that on day 1. Cost per round is 34 cents. Anyone spot a downside?

JohnnyMac
                  Participant

Amyone from the last class got an estimate of what we expended doing the single man live entry drills on day 1

I’m estimating we did 3-5 iterations, max 5 rounds shot per iteration = 25 rounds. I think 100 rounds might be fine, even if we triple the number of iterations.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.