FOF Mask/Helmet options?

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Essential Information for MVT Classes FOF Mask/Helmet options?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Lloyd
      Participant

Has anybody found a really good mask/helmet setup for Force-on-Force? I used the “Matrix Iron Face” mask recommended on the MVT site last year, but had trouble with goggles fogging. Just wondering if anybody has found a better setup? Maybe a good one-piece airsoft helmet with built-in goggles?

Thanks

MVT Texas 2015-2020
        Team Cowbell / Team Coyote / Team Rekkr

Max
        Keymaster

Follkw the website link from the FoF page.

Lloyd
          Participant

Yes sir – unless I missed something, it took me here –
            https://maxvelocitytactical.com/2017/06/01/guidance-on-utm-force-on-force-cqb-personal-protective-equipment-ppe/ Which mentions the “iron Face” mask, and also the “JT Spectra Flex 8” helmet/mask setup that I think you wore at Brady last February(?)…

Are those the best options, then?

Thanks

MVT Texas 2015-2020
            Team Cowbell / Team Coyote / Team Rekkr

hellokitty
            Participant

I just use a balaclava. Yes I have been shot in face from couple meters. Did it leave a mark? Yes. Did it bleed? Yes. Did it hurt? Not really.

I use goggles with a fan. It keeps fogging to minimum.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
              HEAT 2 (CP) X1
              FOF X3
              OPFOR X2
              CLC X2
              RIFLEMAN

Robert
              Participant

I’ve gotten away with the balaclava/Ninjeee type mask and good Wiley goggles every time except the first FOF when we had to use the UTM masks. Got smacked in the cheek once, it wasn’t the end of the world. They say it’s like a bee sting, I’d take the UTM over the bee sting.

thotpatrolling
                Participant

Why not use a paintball mask ?

SeanT
                  Keymaster

Why not use a paintball mask ?

Refer to the original date for some context. The UTM rounds are 5.56 caliber so small gaps in PPE could be a big deal.Training has evolved to the 6mm airsim bbs, still small… Paintballs are way bigger. Trying to see/breathe well, not have fogging, cheek weld, , makes this type of gear a little hard and most definitely is person specific.

In this training , you DO get hit in the face and not always from straight at you. Lots of angles in play and you need to protect the eyes 100%.

thotpatrolling
                      Participant

Gotcha yea cheek weld would be a huge issue … paintball masks dont fog

What do you recommend for goggles for Airsim ?

Civilianresponder
                      Participant

Dye I4 mask works really well for airsim and UTM. I have used it for both quite a bit. It doesnt fog and is ANSI rated

thotpatrolling
                        Participant

Sean T said paintball masks are a no go.

I just found the FoF page though looks like I should just get a full airsoft system as recommended

Still not sure on the best goggles.

My experience playing semi pro paintball for two seasons I never had goggles fog on me ever

Mike Q
                          Participant

Paintball masks are fine as long as the goggles make a good seal around your face. I’ve been to almost every Force on Force and several private FoF classes. Paintball masks are good as long as they seal.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.