Flash hiders and spare parts

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Flash hiders and spare parts

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      BrothersKeeper
      Participant

My Daniel Defense AR has their proprietary muzzle climb mitigator on it. I need to put a flash hider on it so should I stick with the tried and true A2 bird cage or put some new super space age flash hider on it? I haven’t purchased spare parts yet for the rifle. My plan is to get an extra Daniel defense BCG and I need some recommendations on the right parts kit for all the springs and bits which are good to have on hand. Thanks.

Land Nav - 08/15
        Combat Team Tactics -
        Combat Patrol - 10/15
        Combat Leadership - 04/17
        Alumni Weekend - 07/18
        HEAT 1 - 07/20

GreenTip
        Participant

BCM Gunfighter mod 0 or mod 1. I have the mod 0. Work well.

TC
          Participant

A2’s only $10, or free from someone.

The “super” flash hiders can be had for $50-$60:

Surefire 3P – $50

AAC non-mount Blackout – $50

Smith Vortex G6A3 – $60

The Smith Vortex is convenient in that you don’t need to time it or use shims or thread locker as it’s self-tightening.

There’s a two-part flash hider shootout HERE and HERE. As you can see, the A2 is “pretty good” but there are others that are somewhat better, but whether it’s enough to matter depends on what you need.

I’ve heard the open tine flash hiders catch on foliage in the woods, and they’ll kick up more dust than the A2 with the closed bottom.

I have the BCM Mod 0 on my primary and it’s a jack of all trades master of none thing. It’s partly a comp, so it’ll be louder and more concussive to folks left/right of you than the A2, and flash brighter than the A2, but nowhere close to dedicated comps/brakes.

EDIT: For the BCG, of course DD/Colt/BCM/LMT will be best but if budget’s a big concern then ToolCraft is pretty solid at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost.

First Sergeant

My Daniel Defense AR has their proprietary muzzle climb mitigator on it. I need to put a flash hider on it so should I stick with the tried and true A2 bird cage or put some new super space age flash hider on it? I haven’t purchased spare parts yet for the rifle. My plan is to get an extra Daniel defense BCG and I need some recommendations on the right parts kit for all the springs and bits which are good to have on hand. Thanks.

Didn’t I just answer this in the other thread?

FILO
              Signal Out, Can You Identify
              Je ne regrette rien
              In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

BrothersKeeper
              Participant

You did. Just casting a wider net. Thanks for the advice. Parts ordered. Ready for my next visit to the VTC.

Land Nav - 08/15
                Combat Team Tactics -
                Combat Patrol - 10/15
                Alumni Weekend - 07/18
                HEAT 1 - 07/20

BrothersKeeper
                Participant

On another note, I could use some recommendations on a good safe. Currently all my weapons are hidden and buried deep in the house in places that are really hard to reach. My personal pistol is somewhat accessible but everything else takes a lot of effort to get to. I don’t want some behemoth that is 1000lbs and needs 10 guys to move. Needs to hold 6 or 7 rifles, a few pistols and various accessories and ammo. I’m thinking under $1000 and probably in the $500 to $700 price range. Thanks

Land Nav - 08/15
                  Combat Team Tactics -
                  Combat Patrol - 10/15
                  Alumni Weekend - 07/18
                  HEAT 1 - 07/20

farmer
                  Participant

The heavier the safe, the harder to move out of your house. Or if your basement is dry, build a false wall. If no basement, build a false wall into a room or closet?

I wouldn’t put a safe in a garage, too easy to remove.

YMMV

Hessian
                    Participant

secureitgunstorage’s ultralight-gun-safe is a nice option. Should fit the price range and they have some nice configurable set up internally to fit your needs.

In a perfect world a security/safe room setup with your preps and security system inside.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.