Dump Pouches and Intelligence?

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Information & Intelligence Dump Pouches and Intelligence?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

So most everyone thinks of dump pouches for empty magazines.

So you just took down some “Bad Guys?”

You are going to search them right?

Of course time maybe at a premium depending on circumstances.

Where are you going to put this material, particularly if in a rush?

Dump Pouches aren’t just for magazines! In fact I’ve put more potential Intelligence material in these pouches than empty magazines in my career.

I favor the kind that rollup when not in use available by several manufacturers.

Something to consider.

Virgil Kane
      Participant

Thank you, Joe. Tactical Tailor roll-up dump pouch, $18.40 shipped on Amazon. I have a couple and they are typical TT quality.

texas
      Participant

Yes, thanks Joe.

I too have the TT roll-up pouch. I had gotten if a few years back before my first MVT class and I don’t think I have even used it.

You give the best use-case I have seen for one.

First Sergeant

When deployed, my dump pouches were used more for what you describe than for mags.

FILO
      Signal Out, Can You Identify
      Je ne regrette rien
      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

When deployed, my dump pouches were used more for what you describe than for mags.

Always good to get solid confirmation!

Collapsible packs may also have use, there are many out there.

Example:
      Maxpedition Rollypoly Extreme Backpack

For when you may need larger capacity.

Robert
      Participant

Another use would be along the lines of foraging.

We tend to think of patrolling from simply a security standpoint. However it’s not unrealistic to think in a long term situation to have maybe one guy with a suppressed .22 rifle up near the front of the patrol. If the unit is patrolling well, utilizing good stop and listen breaks, etc. there could be a good chance of getting a squirrel, rabbit or other small animals here and there. And/or finding some wild edibles.

But what about the sound? There may come a time when bringing a rabbit back is worth altering the patrol pattern a bit after it’s shot. Mention even fishhook out from where the shot was made and sit and wait for a while and observe the area afterwards.

The dump pouch could double as small game/wild edibles container as well.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Yearly bump!

wheelsee
      Participant

Thanks to Joe, for the “yearly bump”s….

Equipment is an evolution in and of itself. Just because your equipment was applicable 5 years ago, doesn’t mean it has a primary function today.

Check your equipment frequently (only you can determine this, at the beginning may be every week, towards the “got it”, may be more monthly or quarterly) – make sure it’s functional, no repairs needed, and question if it still needs to be there (has the mission changed) …..

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.