Decking out my Crye JPC

View Latest Activity

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Healthhokie
      Participant

For a newbie plate carrier owner, named above, what have you added to it to make it more functional? What mag holders are you using on the front and what other items have you added? I saw that someone had swapped out the cummerbund for a First Spear one.

Appreciate any thoughts and guidance. Learning to walk here..

Civilianresponder
        Participant

I have Velocity Systems Scarab PC but Beez Combat Systems makes a retrofit cummerbund for The Crye JPC that has the Firstspear tubes. They were very willing to make a couple of small customizations to make it work for me and had great communication.

Retrofit Cummerbund with Tubes

wheelsee
            Participant

@civilianresponder

Those look interesting. I’ve ordered some to try.

Thanks!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

For mag pouches I like Blue Force Gear’s Ten-Speed Pouches. If you ever plan on wearing a chest rig over carrier they lay extremely flat when empty. This eliminates the need to remove them when using a chest rig over the carrier.

Civilianresponder
                Participant

I like the Blue Force gear stuff. I use their pistol mag pouches for my spare mags every day.

Lloyd
                Participant

Something to think about with Blue Force Gear pouches – They suck for doing tactical reloads where you are trying to stick a partial mag back into a pouch one-handed, while keeping eyes up and oriented on the threat area. ESSTAC KYWI pouches with the kydex insert, or even the built-in kangaroo pouch on the JPC work better for that.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Lloyd.
                  Lloyd
                  Participant

Not sure how it would work on a JPC, but I have a couple of LBT PC’s and one Velocity Systems PC and have removed the front flaps and replaced with these – https://www.esstac.com/product-page/daeodon-front-panel-pouches

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Something to think about with Blue Force Gear pouches…

Everything is a compromise, focus on your priorities and make your choice.

There are no one size fits all answers! :yes:

Lloyd
                      Participant

There are no one size fits all answers! :yes:

:good:

Healthhokie
                        Participant

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the feedback.

hellokitty
                          Participant

1. Put KYWI inserts into built in triple mag pouches.
                            2. Attach single midlength KYWI mag pouch on either side of built in mag pouches.
                            3. Attach MBITR pouches under.

That is all you need to do.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                            HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                            FOF X3
                            OPFOR X2
                            CLC X2
                            RIFLEMAN

wheelsee
                            Participant

Depends on mission.

I have a larger setup (Mayflower) that I have used at all of MVT classes. It has ceramic plates.

However, I wanted something for home defense. (Odds of home invasion low, but in my AO, it’s happening, so odds increasing). This means plates that the CFO or the dogs or the kids don’t have to worry about knocking over. So I went with Duritium (see here https://maxvelocitytactical.com/product-category/plates/ ). I also wanted a smaller, quicker PC and ended up with the Crye JPC.

I changed out the cummerbund for a simple web strap at the lowest level and tied in some female clips. See pictures.

I just finished a HEAT 0.75 class with Max and used this setup for 2 days with ease. Keep in mind, mission drives equipment. Mine is meant for home-defense – I don’t need 6-8 mags (3 on a Esstac shingle – https://www.optactical.com/es5trkymagpo.html ). A simple TQ (see pic). I will add a bit larger aid. It worked REALLY WELL – light, easy to move around in. Keep in mind – that drag handle ain’t gonna work too well with a single strap (but I’ll be working alone anyway). It is quick and easy to put on.

Mission drives equipment.

Attachments:
                              You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                wheelsee
                                Participant

adding this photo

Attachments:
                                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                Incipient
                                Participant

I just picked up a JPC 1.0 to replace my Banshee (no complaints with my Banshee, just wanted to move to Gucci-cam and shed a little weight).

I compared the deal I got on the 1.0 (BNIB w/ FS Tubes upgrade) with buying a 2.0 and then new cummerbund/molle shingle for front and couldn’t pass it up. I don’t use clip on shingles on my current PC so why start now.

Picked up a triple Esstac M4 mag pouch and a single Esstac M4 mag pouch, and an HSGI Bleeder pouch and it will be the same as my Banshee but in MC and a little (1.2ish lbs) lighter.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Incipient.
                              Viewing 10 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.