Daily workouts. Let’s see who is doing what.

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactical Fitness & Nutrition Tactical Fitness Daily workouts. Let’s see who is doing what.

Viewing 97 reply threads
  • Author
      Civilianresponder
      Participant

Got this done today.
        Finished the WOD part in 19:30
        Total time for workout was about 45 minutes.
        If you aren’t getting the PT you are wrong and you will fail your loved ones. All I have is a kettlebell, a sandbag, and a platform.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        AntMan
        Participant

I have been following this https://youtu.be/vc1E5CfRfos along with a mix of rucking and running on the off days. All I have is a pull-up bar and some boxes.

2xcqbc
          1xclc

Civilianresponder
          Participant

Awesome! Keep Sharing. Glad someone is doing something.

mntman
            Participant

My work out regime is not as regular as it should be, but used the workout from the BruteForceWOD app this morning.
              Warmup-
              jog 400m
              3 rounds
              3-burpees
              6-body weight lunges
              9-pikeups/v-ups

Workout- 26-20-14-8 of
              sandbag switchbacks
              sandbag push press
              pike ups
              45# sand bag

Civilianresponder
              Participant

Nice! Thanks for sharing what you are doing! maybe if people will continue to post we can provide each other some accountability.

Robert Henry
                Participant

KB work around the house. Then when we go to run (yogg) we both carry kettlebells (30 and 20’s) the first 1/4 mile then stash them and them pick back up at the end of the run for the last 1/4 mile back. Been running about 3-4 times a week and my existing injuries have been cooperating for the most part. It will be interesting to see in a few weeks when combatives comes back how that affects injuries. Even injured I haven’t taken 2 1/2 months off of combatives training in about 12 years.

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
                  Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

Civilianresponder
                  Participant

:good: Thanks for posting. Running with weight is sure a different animal than running without. I notice that on the workouts with my plate carrier, harder to stay cool and breath doesn’t last as long or come back as quickly. Working out with your PC is a great way to see how comfortable it is under exertion and movement.

JohnnyMac
                    Participant

20 min AMRAP:
                      6x Deadlift 225#
                      8x Ring Dips
                      Run 150m

Nothing special, just what is on the menu

Civilianresponder
                      Participant

looks like a fun one. I may try that one next week. :good:

Civilianresponder
                        Participant

Here’s what I did today
                          3 rounds
                          30 flutterkicks
                          30 deadbugs
                          30 situps
                          Then
                          Deadlines
                          Thrusters
                          60# sandbag
                          Then Timed section
                          100 kb swings 25#
                          100m water jug carry 90# after 25,50,75 kb swings

4 rounds 60# sandbag
                          15 deadlines
                          10 Thrusters
                          200m run

100 kb swings 25#
                          100m water jug carry 90# after 25,50,75 kb swings

Finished 26:30

Attachments:
                          Civilianresponder
                          Participant

@max and @firstsergeant what are y’all doing for PT?

dave37
                            Participant

5 Turkish get ups each side:32lb, 45lb, 45lb, 53lb, 53lb

50 single arm kB swings each side, 53lb.

30 minutes on the stairclimber, 30
                              Minutes with the treadmill at 15deg slope

HEAT 1 2017
                              Intro to CQB 2017
                              Texas HEAT 2 2018
                              Operation TeaSinker 2019
                              Combat Leader Course 2019
                              Team Coyote
                              Team Rekkr
                              Team Cowbell

Civilianresponder
                              Participant

@dave37 You’re a damn beast! Thanks for posting.

trailman
                                Participant

I’ve been lucky or unlucky to be abel to work from home. I have my kids every other week so for 7 days at a time its me and the dog. I do 5×5 drills every night. I drink a fifth of a fifth of whiskey. :yahoo:

Actually I live next to a mountain with MVT style hills and trails, the dog and I walk them regularly.

Lloyd
                                  Participant

Today my boys and I did our “scrambler” course. In a nutshell, it’s a little over 3 miles on our feet, with “combat load”, engaging targets ranging from dummies at 10yds to steel at 350+yds.

Details:

Over the last 10 years, I’ve pieced together a “shooting range” in a canyon with 180+degree backstop of 300 ft high ridges, with a total of 29 steel targets at 100 to 900 yds from the “zero line” – some 12×12 and 8×8 steel squares, some 2/3rd scale steel IPSC silhouettes, a few CITTAC “ground and pound” targets, and a few medium-sized “poppers” with dummies on the ground behind the poppers. About half the targets are painted blue, and the other half painted red. You can run the “scrambler” shooting only one color or shooting both – depending on how much ammo you want to spend.

We run the scrambler sort of like a high-speed “bush walk”. Shooter follows a slightly meandering course up the canyon from the zero yard line to about the 800yd target, engaging targets along the route – moving quickly, but “tactically”. At the end of the course, shooter clears his chamber and hauls ass back to the zero line. Non-shooters follow along and move into positions of “support” while the shooter engages targets. So the non-shooters are thinking about interval, 360deg security, and watching for illegals (we’re pretty close to the border). Also, if there are 3 of us taking turns shooting the course, we get more PT mileage in our gear.

This is my FUN PT once per week. The rest is normal, boring stuff like pullups, pushups, sandbags, etc.

MVT Texas 2015-2020
                                    Team Cowbell / Team Coyote / Team Rekkr

Civilianresponder
                                    Participant

This is what its about. Lloyds kid is more of a badass than most grown men. The kind of kid that beats out 100 grown men to think 2nd place at a 5 mile run and gun. Lloyd gets how important PT is! :yahoo:

Lloyd
                                      Participant

This is what its about. Lloyds kid is more of a badass than most grown men…

Yes. I am in awe of my own offspring.

:yes:

MVT Texas 2015-2020

Civilianresponder
                                        Participant

*take 2nd place
                                          Damn autocorrect!

JohnnyMac
                                          Participant

Ruck this morning, cut short by my wife getting blisters. As the weather gets warmer, I’m trying to convince her to get more breathable boots, like Altra lone peak.Darn tough light micro crews are good for this time of year through to the heat of summer in my AO

Brushpopper
                                            Participant

Today was Power Day (Combat Strength Training)
                                              5 Rounds of 5 Exercises working each side 5x each:
                                              1 -KB Clean & Snatch balancing KB on end over head into a lunge (1st two rounds using 25lb KB then switching to 35lb KB) – The balancing of the KB overhead starts all the little balancing muscles to start firing!
                                              2 – Punches with bands
                                              3 – Push down with bands using a dowl rod
                                              4 – Bag of Body Parts (old duffle filled with smaller sand bags and weights = roughly 50lbs), with this one I start with the bag on the ground at the back of my flat bet truck, keeping my feet planted I squat down grab the bag and twist and throw bag onto bed, still keeping feet planted I turn opposite direction pick up bag and lay down onto ground and thats one rep (work each side 5 times) If you follow CST this works your transverse plane or ass kicking plane of motion since power comes from the hips.
                                              5 – Pull downs or chops with bands – band is attached to my carport, feet are set shoulder width maybe a hair wider, I grab with both hands and using my core I pull down towards my feet, then I jump turning sideways to the right and pull down in an angle or “chop” toward my feet, then jump back to middle pull down, then jump sidways turning to the left and “chop” down. These five rounds took me about 34 minutes to do. Been off for about two weeks (had a muscle spasm in my back between my left shoulder blade and spine that would not release) so it felt good to get back after it.
                                              For a finisher I jogged two laps around the drive around my house (roughly 1/4 mile), then did 50 situps and 50 flutter kicks (3 count).
                                              What’s everyone else doing?

Lloyd
                                              Participant

PT today: 10 minutes of “foundation training”, plus 4 times through circuit of:

10 pushups
                                                sandbag-o-body-parts (45ish lbs- 3 lifts per side)
                                                sandbag cleans (75ish lbs – 3)
                                                medicine ball launch/catch (5)
                                                sledgehammer the tractor tire (6 whacks rt handed and 6 whacks lft handed)

MVT Texas 2015-2020

Civilianresponder
                                                Participant

🤘Gettin after it! I’m glad people are posting. Where’s everyone else? Isn’t PT as cool as gear and conspiracy theories? :wacko:

Lloyd
                                                  Participant

…Isn’t PT as cool as gear and conspiracy theories? :wacko:

LOL!
                                                    :unsure:

MVT Texas 2015-2020

JohnnyMac
                                                    Participant

5 Rounds for Time:
                                                      400m Run
                                                      20x Lunges
                                                      10x Ring Pulls

Civilianresponder
                                                      Participant

did this today. Total weight moved 10,050 pounds. All with a sandbag
                                                        Backsquats
                                                        Squat cleans
                                                        Running
                                                        Ab workout
                                                        Bob beat down.
                                                        Details in the pic.

Attachments:
                                                        JohnnyMac
                                                        Participant

🤘 what was your time?

I think 17:01

Lloyd
                                                          Participant

PT today was 4×5 pullups plus 4×5 chinups at the office this morning… and then this afternoon was 2 mile “run” in boots with gunbelt, followed by some pistol practice (in 105degF heat – ouch!)… My run/walk time was right at 25min. My 2 teenage boys beat me by a few minutes, as you can imagine they would, being 30+ years younger. :wacko:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Lloyd.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

JohnnyMac
                                                            Participant

20 min AMRAP:
                                                              10x KB Swing 32kg
                                                              10x ring Dips
                                                              15 cal Airdyne (standup only)

Civilianresponder
                                                              Participant

today’s PT.
                                                                finished WOD 13:56
                                                                Total workout 40 minutes
                                                                Details in pic
                                                                Lotta crickets here. Only 8 guys posting…..
                                                                Maybe I can get more posts on here if I talk about commie murder wasps infected with covid coming to give vaccines while you are sleeping that were raised in China by Soros and Gates on the orders of Nancy Pelosi. B-)
                                                                Maybe there is a conspiracy that is keeping you from doing PT?

Attachments:
                                                                JohnnyMac
                                                                Participant

Maybe there is a conspiracy that is keeping you from doing PT?

LOL!!!!

Dark Knight
                                                                  Participant

I really let my fitness slide after I hung up the uniform. I wanted to take a month or two off PT and that was 7+ years ago. There have been spurts of attempts in the past, but noting too serious. When ‘rona hit and I was sent to work from home, I decided I would use the time I would have been commuting to workout in the morning. I ordered some new workout clothes and shoes, and before I started I have several days of chest pains. Few cardiologist visits and a stress test later, it appears to have been an anomaly. Did find out I have high BP. Not to high.

So I was more determined to get in shape. I have no equipment, no garage or unfinished basement to create one. So I found an app called “Home Workout – No Equipment” from the Leap Fitness Group. I am doing the beginner level workouts. I have also stated walking about 2 miles every morning. I wanted to follow a set routine so I didn’t get carried away and end up hurting myself!

I have been listening to a podcast since Jan or Feb that was also pushing me to want to work out. I got a Fitbit to help track stuff, too. I really like the sleep track portion of it. I have undiagnosed/treated sleep apnea. Once ‘rona is done, I am going to do a sleep study, and probably end up with CPAP. Cardiologist thinks if I fix my sleep, then the blood pressure will probably go back to normal.

I plan to by the Bowflex adjustable dumbbells as soon as they are back in stock to augment what I am doing. I also have my eye on a piece of equipment made to be out side that on can do dips, different kinds of push ups and some back workouts on.

Today was leg workout. (Side hops, 2 X sets of squats, 2 X lying leg lifts on each side, 2 X donkey kicks each leg, quad stretches, 2 X calf raises, 2 X Sumo squat calf raises, calf stretches)Took about 20 minutes, then walked 2.18 miles.

Sorry for all the details, just wanted to provide background as to why it is such a wimpy workout for now.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Dark Knight.
                                                                      Civilianresponder
                                                                      Participant

Thanks for posting everyone! I started this post to provide a source of accountability and also so that we can get workouts from each other. No matter what you’re doing, as long as you’re working on improving your abilities its right.

Lloyd
                                                                      Participant

Scott G – How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

:good:

MVT Texas 2015-2020

Hessian
                                                                        Participant

Due to equipment limitations at home any DB weight above 25lbs is done Unilaterally.

Yesterdays work out.

Unilateral Lying DB press 5 x 10
                                                                          Unilateral Incline DB press 5 x 10
                                                                          Unilateral decline DB press 5 x 10
                                                                          Lying DB Flyes 4×20
                                                                          Incline Pronated DB Flyes 4×20

• #147585
                                                                          Civilianresponder
                                                                          Participant

Everyone has different capabilities. As long as you have incremental improvement than you are good to go. Keep getting after it! :good:

• #147587
                                                                            Dark Knight
                                                                            Participant

Scott G – How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

Thanks! I am trying to get after it. Hoping muscles have a long memory and I can make some decent gains in relatively short time.

With the current situation my wife thinks things will kick off before I can get in shape!

• #147601
                                                                              Lloyd
                                                                              Participant

PT today: 30 minutes of “foundation training”

This stuff has damned near saved my life. 7-8 years ago, I thought I was doomed to be a “crippled old man” in my mid-forties.

Millions Of People Suffer From Chronic Pain

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #147616
                                                                                Civilianresponder
                                                                                Participant

PT today
                                                                                  3 rounds
                                                                                  30 flutterkicks
                                                                                  30 dead bugs
                                                                                  30 situps
                                                                                  Then
                                                                                  3 rounds 60# sandbag
                                                                                  15 dead lifts
                                                                                  10 bearhug squats
                                                                                  12 bentover rows
                                                                                  200m run
                                                                                  60s plank
                                                                                  Then all-out BOB beatdown
                                                                                  Finished the second half in 15 minutes

Attachments:
                                                                                • #147659
                                                                                  Lloyd
                                                                                  Participant

PT today: 5×20 pushups at the office, then this afternoon (96degF) was 2 miles with boots, rifle, and day pack in 24 min.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #147738
                                                                                    Lloyd
                                                                                    Participant

PT today was “scrambler” (3miles with boots, chest rig, day pack, and rifle).
                                                                                      See my post above for description.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #147835
                                                                                      Lloyd
                                                                                      Participant

This thread is turning into an echo chamber… :unsure:

PT today: 10 minutes of “foundation training”, plus 4 times through circuit of:
                                                                                        10 pushups
                                                                                        sandbag-o-body-parts (45ish lbs- 3 lifts per side)
                                                                                        sandbag cleans (75ish lbs – 3)
                                                                                        medicine ball launch/catch (5)
                                                                                        sledgehammer the tractor tire (6 whacks rt handed and 6 whacks lft handed)

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #147837
                                                                                        JohnnyMac
                                                                                        Participant

This thread is turning into an echo chamber…

15 min AMRAP:
                                                                                          10x Pushups
                                                                                          15x Air Squats
                                                                                          40m Farmer Carry
                                                                                          250m Row

*Increase reps on push-ups and squats by 1 after each round

• #147838
                                                                                          Lloyd
                                                                                          Participant

JohnnyMac – How many times did you get through that circuit in 15 minutes?

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #147843
                                                                                            JohnnyMac
                                                                                            Participant

5 rounds, plus a few reps

• #147852
                                                                                              Lloyd
                                                                                              Participant

5 rounds, plus a few reps

Huffin’ and puffin’!

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #147868
                                                                                                Civilianresponder
                                                                                                Participant

Been out of town but I’ll be posting one this evening. I appreciate you guys that are posting.

• #147883
                                                                                                  Lloyd
                                                                                                  Participant

PT today: 5×5 pullups, plus 5×5 chinups at the office. Then this afternoon ran 2 miles in boots with gunbelt (22:20, which is actually a good time for me!), and then some “Larry Vickers syle” pistol work from 3 to about 30 yds.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #147885
                                                                                                    Brushpopper
                                                                                                    Participant

Haven’t posted since last Monday (May 18th). Tuesday (May 19th) was CST Strength Day, then Wednesday (May 20th) was CST Speed & Quickness, Thursday orthodontist appointment for one of the kiddos, Friday was CST Hypertrophy, that was all for last week.
                                                                                                      This week:
                                                                                                      Sunday got a quick mile in PC with mags
                                                                                                      Monday walked three miles with my son (in PC with mags), just walking and talking, nothing fancy, was a nice evening walk and chat.
                                                                                                      Today’s PT: CST Strength Day: 5 rounds/5reps
                                                                                                      1) Bench Press (50lb dumbbells)
                                                                                                      2) Pull ups
                                                                                                      3) Dips
                                                                                                      4) Curls with bands
                                                                                                      5) Shoulder press with bands
                                                                                                      6) Lunges with bands
                                                                                                      50 situps
                                                                                                      50 3 count flutter kicks
                                                                                                      25 pushups

• #147887
                                                                                                      JohnnyMac
                                                                                                      Participant

For Time:

1600m Run
                                                                                                        50x Shoulder to Overhead 95#
                                                                                                        100x Kettlebell Swing 24kg
                                                                                                        500x Double Unders
                                                                                                        100x kettlebell swings 24kg
                                                                                                        50x Shoulder to Overhead 95#
                                                                                                        1600m Run

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by JohnnyMac.
                                                                                                      • #147890
                                                                                                        Civilianresponder
                                                                                                        Participant

🤘you’re a beast!

• #147891
                                                                                                          Civilianresponder
                                                                                                          Participant

PT today

3 rounds
                                                                                                            30 flutter kicks
                                                                                                            30 deadbugs
                                                                                                            30 situps

10 rounds supersets 60# sandbag
                                                                                                            5 front squats
                                                                                                            5 back squats

60# sandbag
                                                                                                            90# jugs
                                                                                                            25# kb
                                                                                                            21-15-9
                                                                                                            Step ups 24″
                                                                                                            Kb swings + 100m jug carry
                                                                                                            Deadlines
                                                                                                            Rest 1 min
                                                                                                            15-9-6
                                                                                                            Burpees
                                                                                                            Thrusters
                                                                                                            Rest 1 min
                                                                                                            9-6-3
                                                                                                            Burpee box jumps 24″
                                                                                                            Front squats
                                                                                                            30 second all put BOB beatdown (basically his friends are coming and you better finish it quick even though you are gassed out)

Attachments:
                                                                                                          • #147893
                                                                                                            Civilianresponder
                                                                                                            Participant

ECHO, ECHO ECHOOOOOO!

• #147949
                                                                                                              Dark Knight
                                                                                                              Participant

Jumping jacks 30 seconds,
                                                                                                                crunches x 16,
                                                                                                                Russian twists x 20,
                                                                                                                mountain climbers x 16,
                                                                                                                lying heel touches x 20,
                                                                                                                leg raises x 16
                                                                                                                plank 20 seconds
                                                                                                                crunches x 12,
                                                                                                                Russian twists x 32,
                                                                                                                mountain climbers x 12,
                                                                                                                lying heel touches x 20,
                                                                                                                leg raises x 14
                                                                                                                plank 30 seconds
                                                                                                                Cobra stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                Spine lumbar twist stretch left 30 seconds
                                                                                                                Spine lumbar twist stretch right 30 seconds

walk 2.34 miles @ 16’26″/mile pace

• #147956
                                                                                                                Civilianresponder
                                                                                                                Participant

• #147958
                                                                                                                  Hessian
                                                                                                                  Participant

Bi and Tri day with Abs. followed up with a 30 min run.

• #147959
                                                                                                                    Lloyd
                                                                                                                    Participant

PT yesterday: 6×10 lunges at the office, then 30min of foundation training at home.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #147960
                                                                                                                      Brushpopper
                                                                                                                      Participant

PT Yesterday: CST Speed & Quickness Day, 5 rounds, 5 exercises, 1 minute or 10 reps each exercise:
                                                                                                                        1.) Boxing
                                                                                                                        2.) Wall ups (like jumping up/over a fence)
                                                                                                                        3.) Box Jumps (don’t have a box at the moment, so I use stacked tires)
                                                                                                                        4.) Tire drag (20 inch tire with a molasses cattle tub in it filled with concrete blocks, drag with a tow strap around my waist)
                                                                                                                        5.) Transverse plane work by using a small tire (15″) and tow strap, twist and sling it from side to side

• #147965
                                                                                                                        JohnnyMac
                                                                                                                        Participant

Box Jumps

Be advised, it is recommended to step down, instead of rebounding. The chance for Achilles tendon rupture is higher for that than most other movements.

• #147974
                                                                                                                          JohnnyMac
                                                                                                                          Participant

12 min AMRAP:
                                                                                                                            Row 500m
                                                                                                                            16x Lunges
                                                                                                                            8x Pullups

Easy day. My body is pretty trashed from Tuesday’s workout

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by JohnnyMac.
                                                                                                                          • #147977
                                                                                                                            Lloyd
                                                                                                                            Participant

PT today was 5×20 pushups at the office, then this afternoon was 2 miles with ruck and rifle (about 45 lbs total) in about 30 min.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #147982
                                                                                                                              Civilianresponder
                                                                                                                              Participant

3 rounds
                                                                                                                                30 flutterkicks
                                                                                                                                30 deadbugs
                                                                                                                                30 situps
                                                                                                                                5x supersets of
                                                                                                                                5 strict press
                                                                                                                                5 push press
                                                                                                                                5 push jerk
                                                                                                                                Then
                                                                                                                                4 rounds 60# sandbag 75# bruteforce ball
                                                                                                                                50 single under jumprope + 5 sprawls
                                                                                                                                10 shoulder to overhead sandbag
                                                                                                                                8 over the shoulder bruteforce ball
                                                                                                                                100m buteforce ball carry
                                                                                                                                10 bentover sand bag rows
                                                                                                                                Then
                                                                                                                                All out BOB beatdown.
                                                                                                                                I usually try to spend at least 20 minutes working on boxing with my 2 kids after I work out. It’s amazing seeing how quickly kids improve just by practicing punching and being punched.

Thanks for the guys posting here and providing leadership. I’d want any of you guys by me in a fight.🤘

Attachments:
                                                                                                                              • #148011
                                                                                                                                Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                Participant

Shoulder stretch 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                  Shoulder Gators 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                  shoulder outward rotation X 16
                                                                                                                                  Triceps Dips x 14
                                                                                                                                  Side Arm Raise x16
                                                                                                                                  Floor Y raises x 12
                                                                                                                                  Pike Push ups x 8
                                                                                                                                  shoulder outward rotation X 14
                                                                                                                                  Triceps Dips x 12
                                                                                                                                  Side Arm Raise x 14
                                                                                                                                  Floor Y raises x 10
                                                                                                                                  Pike Push ups x 6
                                                                                                                                  Anterior shoulder stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                  Left Triceps stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                  Right Triceps stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                  Slow walk 1.22 miles 18’30” pace

Planning to add weighted gloves to shoulder exercises next week.

• #148027
                                                                                                                                  Lloyd
                                                                                                                                  Participant

PT today: 5×5 pullups plus 5×5 chinups at the office, then about 30 minutes of foundation training at home.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #148036
                                                                                                                                    Brushpopper
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Box Jumps

Be advised, it is recommended to step down, instead of rebounding. The chance for Achilles tendon rupture is higher for that than most other movements.

@JohnnyMac
                                                                                                                                      yeah I try to step down instead of jump down, it’s easier on my knees.

PT Today: Got my daughter to workout with me. We got a fire going in the pit first, then did a ten minute warm up, followed by a few rounds of CST Hypertrophy Day, then the coals were ready so we threw on some steaks and squash & zucchini from my moms garden. Good stuff!

• #148067
                                                                                                                                      Lloyd
                                                                                                                                      Participant

PT this morning: “Scrambler” with rucks and chest rigs (total 50+ lbs for me, 45+ lbs for my 16yr old, and 30+ lbs for my 14yr old).

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #148072
                                                                                                                                        JohnnyMac
                                                                                                                                        Participant

33 min AMRAP:
                                                                                                                                          330m Run
                                                                                                                                          33x Single-arm KB Snatch 24kg
                                                                                                                                          33x Burpees
                                                                                                                                          33x Lunges

Not recommended

• #148169
                                                                                                                                          Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Jumping Jacks 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                            Heel Touch x 26
                                                                                                                                            Crossover Crunch x 20
                                                                                                                                            Mountain Climber x 20
                                                                                                                                            Side Bridge Left x 12
                                                                                                                                            Side Bridge Right x 12
                                                                                                                                            Butt Bridge x 20
                                                                                                                                            Bicycle Crunches x 20
                                                                                                                                            V-up x 20
                                                                                                                                            Heel Touches x 26
                                                                                                                                            Crunches x 20
                                                                                                                                            Plank 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                            Leg raises x 16
                                                                                                                                            bicycle crunches x 20
                                                                                                                                            Push up and rotation x 20
                                                                                                                                            Side Plank Right 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                            Side Plank Left 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                            Cobra stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                            Spine lumbar twist stretch Left 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                            Spine lumbar twist stretch Right 30 seconds

Also did a 5 minute no weight forearm workout.

I moved from the beginner workouts to the intermediate. Some of the sets we not completed (especially the push ups with rotations. Could not always hold the planks the full time). But I will improve, that is what this is all about. Also down a few pounds in the last 2 weeks. Not expecting much movement in weight right now, as I build a little muscle again, but it will happen.

• #148190
                                                                                                                                            wesmc
                                                                                                                                            Participant

For the past 4-5 years, I have been laboring – mainly cutting brush, moving rocks and logs, rucking the leaf blower, and digging – to build technical mountain bike trails, which I then ride. Bike skills are important. Think bike mounted dragoon or scout. #guerrillatrailcoalition

Combat-2-Gun
                                                                                                                                              CTT
                                                                                                                                              CQB
                                                                                                                                              19D20 Cavalry Scout 3d ACR Desert Shield/Storm
                                                                                                                                              Mountain Biker

• #148245
                                                                                                                                              Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Went back to beginner level workout today for the shoulders and back. I did do the exercise with weighted gloves on. I think they are four pound gloves.
                                                                                                                                                Jumping jacks 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                Arm Raises x 16
                                                                                                                                                Rhomboid pulls x 14
                                                                                                                                                Side Arm raise x 16
                                                                                                                                                Knee Pushups x 14
                                                                                                                                                Side Lying floor stretch left 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                Side Lying floor stretch right 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                Arm scissors 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                Rhomboid pulls x 12
                                                                                                                                                Side Arm raise x 14
                                                                                                                                                Knee Pushups x 12
                                                                                                                                                Cat cow pose 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                Prone triceps pushups x 14
                                                                                                                                                Reclined rhomboid squeezes x 12
                                                                                                                                                Child pose 30 seconds

2.54 mile walk at 16’20” pace (approximate 41 minutes)

I bought a fit bit about a month and a half ago. I like that it give me reminders to get up and move every hour. It is a great help while at home teleworking. Not sure what I will do when I go back to work and cannot have it with me in my office.

Planning to add weighted vest to walks next week. May pull back on distance for a little while until body acclimates.

• #148256
                                                                                                                                                Civilianresponder
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Nice job! Keep it up.

• #148276
                                                                                                                                                  Lloyd
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Yesterday was 15min of “foundation training”, and 50 Hindu pushups.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #148282
                                                                                                                                                    JohnnyMac
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Planned for today but cut short as old injury wasn’t feeling the best

10 min AMRAP:
                                                                                                                                                      5x Deadlift 275
                                                                                                                                                      10x Ring Dips
                                                                                                                                                      15x Situps

• #148296
                                                                                                                                                      Lloyd
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

5×5 pullups plus 5×5 chinups at the office, then this afternoon I started out to run 2 miles… but my damned sciatic nerve short-circuited (again) at about 3/4 mile, so limped the last 1/4 mile, and then did some pistol practice.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #148390
                                                                                                                                                        Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Side hops 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                          Squats x 12
                                                                                                                                                          Squats x 12 2
                                                                                                                                                          Side lying leg lift Left x 12
                                                                                                                                                          Side lying leg lift Right x 12
                                                                                                                                                          Backward lunge x 12
                                                                                                                                                          Backward lunge x 12
                                                                                                                                                          donkey kick left x 16
                                                                                                                                                          donkey kick right x 16
                                                                                                                                                          donkey kick left x 16
                                                                                                                                                          donkey kick right x 16
                                                                                                                                                          Left Quad Stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                          Right Quad Stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                          Knee to chest Stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                          Knee to chest stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                          Calf raises x 12
                                                                                                                                                          calf raises x 12
                                                                                                                                                          sumo squat calf raises x 12
                                                                                                                                                          Calf stretch left 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                          Calf Stretch right 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                          Forearm work
                                                                                                                                                          Slow walk 1.22 miles 20″14″ pace 25 minutes

• #148414
                                                                                                                                                          Lloyd
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

PT today: 30min of “foundation training”… Trying to un-short my sciatic short-circuit.

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #148421
                                                                                                                                                            Brushpopper
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Tuesday PT: CST Power Day: Using resistance bands
                                                                                                                                                              10 min warmup
                                                                                                                                                              ~ 1 min/10 reps each exercise, 5 rounds
                                                                                                                                                              1. Punches
                                                                                                                                                              2. Kick back
                                                                                                                                                              3. Pulls
                                                                                                                                                              4. squat/should press
                                                                                                                                                              5. chops
                                                                                                                                                              6. transverse twist

Wednesday PT: Strength Day: Resistance bands unless otherwise noted
                                                                                                                                                              5 min warmup
                                                                                                                                                              ~ 1 sec on concentric, 1 sec on isometric, 1 sec on eccentric
                                                                                                                                                              1. pull ups
                                                                                                                                                              2. high pulls
                                                                                                                                                              3. curls
                                                                                                                                                              4. bent over rows
                                                                                                                                                              5. chest flys
                                                                                                                                                              6. shoulder press 35lb KB
                                                                                                                                                              7. bench press 50 lb dumbells
                                                                                                                                                              8. lunges
                                                                                                                                                              5 rounds of 5 reps of hanging knee raises
                                                                                                                                                              100 abdominal exercises
                                                                                                                                                              Been raining here off an on for a week. Just had a good shower before I went out to exercise, 90 degrees and 70 percent humidity.

• #148462
                                                                                                                                                              Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Jumping Jacks 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                Incline Push-ups x 6
                                                                                                                                                                Push ups x 4
                                                                                                                                                                Wide arm push ups x 4
                                                                                                                                                                Triceps dips x 6
                                                                                                                                                                Wide arm push ups x 4
                                                                                                                                                                Incline Push ups x 4
                                                                                                                                                                triceps dips x 4
                                                                                                                                                                knee push ups x 4
                                                                                                                                                                Cobra stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                chest stretch 20 seconds

Walk 2.64 miles 16’12” pace 43 minutes

• #148539
                                                                                                                                                                Lloyd
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

PT today: 10 minutes of foundation training, and then 5 times through a circuit of:

pushups (10)
                                                                                                                                                                  sandbag-o-body-parts (3 lifts per side – 45 lbs)
                                                                                                                                                                  sandbag cleans (3 – 75 lbs)
                                                                                                                                                                  medicine ball launch/catch (5 – 10lb ball)
                                                                                                                                                                  sledgehammer the tire

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #148561
                                                                                                                                                                  Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Moved to an intermediate shoulder workout. Most of the workouts are bodyweight only, but This is focused on the shoulders and upper back, and the intermediate suggested light dumbbells. I don’t have any, so I used weighted gloves. I think they are 4 lbs. each.

shoulder stretch 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                    shoulder outward rotation x8
                                                                                                                                                                    Reverse flys x 14
                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell side lateral raise x 14
                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell front raise x 12
                                                                                                                                                                    military press x 12
                                                                                                                                                                    alternating shoulder press x 12
                                                                                                                                                                    reverse flys x 12
                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell side lateral raise x 12
                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell front raise x 10
                                                                                                                                                                    military press x 10
                                                                                                                                                                    alternating shoulder press x 10
                                                                                                                                                                    reverse flys x 10
                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell side lateral raise x 10
                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell front raise x 8
                                                                                                                                                                    military press x 8
                                                                                                                                                                    alternating shoulder press x 8
                                                                                                                                                                    anterior shoulder stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                    triceps stretch left 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                    triceps stretch right 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                    Forearm workout

• #148722
                                                                                                                                                                    Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Took Saturday off

Sunday workout: (wearing weighted gloves)
                                                                                                                                                                      Arm Raises x 30
                                                                                                                                                                      Side Arm raises x 30
                                                                                                                                                                      Triceps dips x 10
                                                                                                                                                                      Arm circles forward 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                      Arm circles backwards 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                      Diamond push ups x 6
                                                                                                                                                                      Jumping Jacks 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                      Chest Press pulse 16 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                      Leg barbell curl left x 8
                                                                                                                                                                      Leg barbell curl right x 8
                                                                                                                                                                      Diagonal plank x 10
                                                                                                                                                                      Punches 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                      Push ups x 10
                                                                                                                                                                      inchworms x 8
                                                                                                                                                                      wall push ups x 12
                                                                                                                                                                      Triceps stretch left 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                      Triceps stretch right 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                      standing biceps stretch left 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                      standing biceps stretch right 30 seconds

Todays workout:
                                                                                                                                                                      side hops 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                      Squats x 12
                                                                                                                                                                      Squats x 12 2
                                                                                                                                                                      Backward lunge x 12
                                                                                                                                                                      Backward lunge x 12
                                                                                                                                                                      donkey kick left x 16
                                                                                                                                                                      donkey kick right x 16
                                                                                                                                                                      donkey kick left x 16
                                                                                                                                                                      donkey kick right x 16
                                                                                                                                                                      Calf raises x 12
                                                                                                                                                                      calf raises x 12
                                                                                                                                                                      Forearm work
                                                                                                                                                                      Walk 2.64 miles 15’36” pace 41 minutes

• #148775
                                                                                                                                                                      Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

crunches x 16,
                                                                                                                                                                        Russian twists x 20,
                                                                                                                                                                        mountain climbers x 16,
                                                                                                                                                                        lying heel touches x 20,
                                                                                                                                                                        leg raises x 16
                                                                                                                                                                        plank 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                        crunches x 12,
                                                                                                                                                                        Russian twists x 32,
                                                                                                                                                                        mountain climbers x 12,
                                                                                                                                                                        lying heel touches x 20,
                                                                                                                                                                        leg raises x 14
                                                                                                                                                                        plank 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                        Cobra stretch 30 seconds

about 7 lbs lost since I started about a month ago!

• #148778
                                                                                                                                                                        Civilianresponder
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Great job! I’ll start posting workouts again next week hopefully. An old back injury has had me resting for the last week 😪

• #148780
                                                                                                                                                                          Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I like the accountability of posting here.

• #148784
                                                                                                                                                                            Brian Gale
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

I’m a new guy and will be attending my first class with Max this week. I’ve been very inspired and motivated by everyone’s posts in this thread.

Here’s my weekly lock down regimen:
                                                                                                                                                                              1 mile run, daily
                                                                                                                                                                              1 hour hatha yoga vinyasa flow with emphasis on core and thighs, 4x week
                                                                                                                                                                              Decline barbell bench press 8×3
                                                                                                                                                                              Decline dumbbell bench press 8×3
                                                                                                                                                                              Decline dumbbell flies 10×3
                                                                                                                                                                              Decline pushups 10×3
                                                                                                                                                                              Max’s functional fitness test

• #148804
                                                                                                                                                                              xsquidgator
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I haven’t posted here but have been trying to keep up PT. MVT got me to step up my efforts in that 4-5 years ago.
                                                                                                                                                                                Until the corona thing hit, I had fallen into a rut of running 3x a week (usually 4-5 miles per session) but nothing else.
                                                                                                                                                                                Back in April I got back into adding calisthenics (pushups, burpees, mountain climbers etc) to the in-between running days. The inspiration was seeing a post here about the MVT tactical fitness test, and I realized I hadn’t run it in a while. I did it again, and while I could pass, it was much harder than it should have been, so add some more work in.

6 weeks of it since has helped regain some of the lost ground. As a side note, I have struggled with running injuries such as plantar fasciatis, tendonitis, bursitis (I think) and most recently my right knee has been dogging me and I’m wary of blowing it out like so many other 50-something guys I’ve known. I will check out the thing above about chronic injuries… I have noticed those getting steadily worse over the last 5-10 years.

I’m glad to have added the strength work and will continue to progressively add to those workouts on the non-running days. This week I’ve added enough so that my pushup day sessions are now almost the same duration as my running sessions- I like seeing the big increase in total minutes per week on the Garmin fitness app.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by xsquidgator.
                                                                                                                                                                              • #148808
                                                                                                                                                                                Lloyd
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Yesterday was 15 minutes of foundation training, then 50 pushups plus 30 hindu pushups.

Today was 5×5 pullups plus 5×5 chinups at the office, then about 10 minutes of foundation training and fast walk 2 miles with rifle and day pack, followed by some rifle drills. (Taking it slow and easy recovering from the sciatic short-circuit before I try to start running again.)

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #148825
                                                                                                                                                                                  Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Moved to an intermediate shoulder workout. Most of the workouts are bodyweight only, but This is focused on the shoulders and upper back, and the intermediate suggested light dumbbells. I don’t have any, so I used weighted gloves. I think they are 4 lbs. each.

shoulder stretch 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                    shoulder outward rotation x8
                                                                                                                                                                                    Reverse flys x 14
                                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell side lateral raise x 14
                                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell front raise x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                    military press x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                    alternating shoulder press x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                    reverse flys x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell side lateral raise x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell front raise x 10
                                                                                                                                                                                    military press x 10
                                                                                                                                                                                    alternating shoulder press x 10
                                                                                                                                                                                    reverse flys x 10
                                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell side lateral raise x 10
                                                                                                                                                                                    dumbbell front raise x 8
                                                                                                                                                                                    military press x 8
                                                                                                                                                                                    alternating shoulder press x 8
                                                                                                                                                                                    anterior shoulder stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                    triceps stretch left 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                    triceps stretch right 30 seconds

Some of the sets I forgot to drop down in reps so I did more reps on some sets than is listed.

Forearm workout
                                                                                                                                                                                    Neck work

2.63 mile walk at 15’36” pace 41 minutes.

• #148852
                                                                                                                                                                                    Lloyd
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

PT today: 93degF, Loaded up with rifle, chest rig, and day pack, and fast walked 1 mile, and then did my “scrambler” course (at reduced speed)… so 2 miles on my feet. No sciatic weirdness – so far, so good!

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #148874
                                                                                                                                                                                      Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

I did do the exercise with weighted gloves on. I think they are four pound gloves.
                                                                                                                                                                                        Jumping jacks 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                        Arm Raises x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                        Rhomboid pulls x 14
                                                                                                                                                                                        Side Arm raise x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                        Knee Pushups x 14
                                                                                                                                                                                        Arm scissors 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                        Rhomboid pulls x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                        Side Arm raise x 14
                                                                                                                                                                                        Knee Pushups x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                        Cat cow pose 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                        Child pose 30 seconds

No walk today, getting online for a long work day.

• #148908
                                                                                                                                                                                        Lloyd
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

PT today – 5 times through a circuit of:

pushups (10)
                                                                                                                                                                                          sandbag-o-body-parts (3 lifts per side – 45-50 lbs)
                                                                                                                                                                                          sandbag cleans (3 – 75-80 lbs)
                                                                                                                                                                                          medicine ball launch/catch (5 – 10lb ball)
                                                                                                                                                                                          sledgehammer the tire

MVT Texas 2015-2020

• #148945
                                                                                                                                                                                          Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Jumping Jacks 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                            Heel Touch x 26
                                                                                                                                                                                            Crossover Crunch x 20
                                                                                                                                                                                            Mountain Climber x 20
                                                                                                                                                                                            Side Bridge Left x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                            Side Bridge Right x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                            Butt Bridge x 20
                                                                                                                                                                                            Bicycle Crunches x 20
                                                                                                                                                                                            V-up x 20
                                                                                                                                                                                            Heel Touches x 26
                                                                                                                                                                                            Crunches x 20
                                                                                                                                                                                            Plank 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                            Leg raises x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                            bicycle crunches x 20
                                                                                                                                                                                            Push up and rotation x 20
                                                                                                                                                                                            Side Plank Right 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                            Side Plank Left 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                            Cobra stretch 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                            Spine lumbar twist stretch Left 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                            Spine lumbar twist stretch Right 30 seconds

Also did a 5 minute no weight forearm workout.
                                                                                                                                                                                            Did some exercises to strengthen my neck

This is an intermediate workout on my app. Some of the sets we not completed, could not always hold the planks the full time. But I will improve, that is what this is all about. Also down a few pounds in the last severals. Not expecting much movement in weight right now, as I build a little muscle again, but it will happen.

• #149104
                                                                                                                                                                                            AntMan
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Just got back from the tactical games in Atlanta. I highly recommend them if you are close to one. Definitely was no hiding from the fact that my fitness and shooting are not up to par.

2xcqbc
                                                                                                                                                                                              1xclc

• #149111
                                                                                                                                                                                                Civilianresponder
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

I participated in the one they had in Texas earlier this year. Definitely one of the hardest things I’ve done physically.It was a great experience and everyone there was really nice and helpful. It definitely shines a light on the areas you are lacking.

• #149126
                                                                                                                                                                                                Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Side hops 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Squats x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Squats x 12 2
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Backward lunge x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Backward lunge x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                                  donkey kick left x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                                  donkey kick right x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                                  donkey kick left x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                                  donkey kick right x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Calf raises x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                                  calf raises x 12

Forearm work
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Neck work

Slow walk 1.93 miles 18’23″ pace 236 minutes

• #149135
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Spencer
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Taking Lloyd’s advice, I’m now in my second week of Foundation Training and am hopeful that I’ll gain enough confidence in my back, (after a blow-out about a month ago now), to get back to calisthenics and more ballistic movements like mountain-climbers and burpees.

Today I did day-2 of week-2 in the 8-week baseline Foundation Training routine.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Did the Yang style Tia-Chi short-form

Yesterday I did the Foundation Training, 1 set of calisthenics, walked 2 miles and ran 1 mile.

Thanks for the inspiration folks!

DCH 10/2019
                                                                                                                                                                                                    H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

• #149180
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

All wearing 4 lb weighted gloves
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Jumping jacks 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Arm Raises x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Rhomboid pulls x 14
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Side Arm raise x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Knee Pushups x 14
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Arm scissors 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Rhomboid pulls x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Side Arm raise x 14
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Knee Pushups x 12
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Cat cow pose 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Child pose 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Forearm exercises
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Neck exercises

2.61 mile walk at 15’49” pace (approximate 41 minutes)

• #149239
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Dark Knight
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

crunches x 16,
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Russian twists x 20,
                                                                                                                                                                                                        mountain climbers x 16,
                                                                                                                                                                                                        lying heel touches x 20,
                                                                                                                                                                                                        leg raises x 16
                                                                                                                                                                                                        plank 20 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                                        crunches x 12,
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Russian twists x 32,
                                                                                                                                                                                                        mountain climbers x 12,
                                                                                                                                                                                                        lying heel touches x 20,
                                                                                                                                                                                                        leg raises x 14
                                                                                                                                                                                                        plank 30 seconds
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Cobra stretch 30 seconds

Slow walk 1.37 miles 18’59” pace 26 minutes

• #149481
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Civilianresponder
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

1st workout after 3 weeks of resting a back issue.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          2 rounds
                                                                                                                                                                                                          30 flutterkicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                          30 deadbugs
                                                                                                                                                                                                          30 crunches

10 minutes of foundation training for my back
                                                                                                                                                                                                          60# sandbag
                                                                                                                                                                                                          3×10 backsquats
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Then
                                                                                                                                                                                                          3 rounds
                                                                                                                                                                                                          10 backsquats
                                                                                                                                                                                                          10 step ups
                                                                                                                                                                                                          10 strict press
                                                                                                                                                                                                          100m run
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Finished 10 minutes
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Then hit BOB for a couple minutes all-out

• #149487
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Roadkill
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Pretty simple.
                                                                                                                                                                                                            4 Tabatas
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Hammer swings with 20lb hammer.

Got the 20 lb hammer from a buddy who works in a foundry. They use the hammer to break off the casts.
                                                                                                                                                                                                            They work 40 minutes on 40 minutes off in 120 degree temperatures. The 40 minutes off is to keep hydrated.
                                                                                                                                                                                                            To swing a 20 hammer all day in those conditions is crazy.
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Those are the toughest guys I’ve ever seen.

• #150028
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Civilianresponder
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Finally back to it!
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Pt yesterday
                                                                                                                                                                                                              2 rounds
                                                                                                                                                                                                              30x flutterkicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                              30x deadbugs
                                                                                                                                                                                                              30x crunches
                                                                                                                                                                                                              10 minutes foundation training and mobility
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Then
                                                                                                                                                                                                              5×10 deadlifts 50# sandbag
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Then
                                                                                                                                                                                                              20 minute AMRAP 50# sandbag
                                                                                                                                                                                                              5 backsquats
                                                                                                                                                                                                              5 frontsquats
                                                                                                                                                                                                              100m run
                                                                                                                                                                                                              5 pull-ups
                                                                                                                                                                                                              5 push-ups
                                                                                                                                                                                                              6 lateral bag drags on hands and knees
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Finished 6 rounds + 10 squats
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Then all out BOB beatdown for :60

Pt today
                                                                                                                                                                                                              10 minutes foundation training and mobility
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Then
                                                                                                                                                                                                              #25 sandbag
                                                                                                                                                                                                              4x 10 goodmornings
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Then #50 sandbag
                                                                                                                                                                                                              10 hang cleans
                                                                                                                                                                                                              100m bag run
                                                                                                                                                                                                              10 toes to bar
                                                                                                                                                                                                              10 burpees
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Finished 15:00
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Then all out BOB beat down for :30

Viewing 97 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.