CQB Breaching

View Latest Activity

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      JohnnyMac
      Participant

I thought I’d share this video with clips of some training on breaching tools/techniques.

I have no idea who anyone is.

Students are weak on flow drills, but content is solid.

CQBC is one of MVT’s best courses. It’s why I try to sign up for every offering of it. John is an awesome instructor and the course is world class.

ellobo
        Participant

I agree, Great Fucking Class !

tango
          Participant

Good primer. Watching this a few times before June. Thanks @johnnymac

hellokitty
            Participant

FYI
              If you want to learn how to use these tools, have a firefighter show you. And it won’t be fast entry.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
              HEAT 2 (CP) X1
              FOF X3
              OPFOR X2
              CLC X2
              RIFLEMAN

A_A_Ron2guns
              Participant

Breaching is a very specialized skill and it’s not practiced nearly as much as it should be. In real life it’s a critical skill that unfortunately is often just an afterthought. A good breacher can be the difference between life and death, good cases and bad cases.

Roadkill
                Participant

I’m a retired Firefighter, a trucky at that. I never in my career had a door I couldn’t breach. Sometimes very fast, aka mule kick, some very slow, aka Partner saw. The thing with us is we weren’t worried about the element of surprise. If on a first breach attempt in a tactical situation you’re not successful, you’ve lost that element and need a second option.

wheelsee
                  Participant

@Roadkill – how often were y’all let out of the cage?? (From an old PHL man)

Our first rule was try before you pry ….. I introduced this concept to SWAT – you’d be surprised how many people don’t lock their doors. Many times, we just turned the door knob and snuck on in

Roadkill
                    Participant

It was amazing how many unlocked doors were breached. Usually by excited pumper rats. I was inner city most of my career, there were days we had two or three good housefires. It toned down by the end of my career but I stayed on the truck in the hood anyway because if there was going to be a fire it was most likely to be in my district. A lot of unnecessary damage gets done by young people with an adrenaline dump. I’ld rather have them a little too aggressive than have to go looking for them hiding in the backyard leaning on a roofman hook.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.