COVID-19: Lessons Learned

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Information & Intelligence COVID-19: Lessons Learned

• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by BILLY. This post has been viewed 417 times
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

For me the biggest lesson is how easily people were manipulated!

The numbers never justified the response. Most still won’t admit this. Certainly the Government will never admit they overreacted.

The vast majority allowed so called experts with poor track records to lead us down a path of economic destruction. These experts models were wrong in every instance, yet the population just let them continue to adjust their predictions down and seemed deaf when even these adjustments were still wrong.

The farce continues and people seem surprised that such a shutdown leads to shortages. :wacko:

Ignorance is fully embraced and even those that should have known better chugged the “koolaid” of groupthink!

Many who started the New Year with claims they stood ready to defend their Rights were either bluffing or so ignorant of such a task as to be truly useless.

So you’re going to fight the Government in defense of Liberty, but can’t feed yourself beyond a week? :wacko:

Can’t even wipe their own rear end, but thought they were ready for armed resistance?

Ammo?

Most have just enough ammo to piss someone off before depleting huge (sarcasm) stockpile of a 1,000 rounds.

Rational response?

Without critical thinking there can be no rational response.

So they default to groupthink and join the herd running for the cliff!

Will we collapse?

Isn’t guaranteed, but is certainly likely.

There is much damage evident, can it be repaired enough to prevent a collapse?

:unsure:

I do know that very few are prepared and most don’t have the resources to correct that shortcoming.

I am excited about all the highend gear purchased in the last few months. Gear equals preparedness! :wacko: (sarcasm)

If we do collapse, I’ll be looking for all these well equipped, desperate, hungry, but untrained people coming to take what they need.

This equipment will be useful once the blood stains are cleaned off. ;-)

wheelsee
        Participant

If we do collapse, I’ll be looking for all these well equipped, desperate, hungry, but untrained people coming to take what they need.

This equipment will be useful once the blood stains are cleaned off. ;-)

Not to derail, but you ARE training, right?? (Not aimed at you Joe, I already know the answer to that one).

Several years ago (in the DFW area), a home invasion turned on the intruders when one of the intruders pulled the trigger on the shotgun he was using – was aimed at the homeowner’s head. The homeowner seized his opportunity, took the shotgun away from the intruder, racked a shell into the chamber and killed the intruder. The other intruder fled. (Sorry, I couldn’t find the news article)

The point being, as Joe pointed out in a round-about way, YOU ARE TRAINING, RIGHT?? B-)

Now, we return to previous programming, already in process.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Both training and preparedness are for those who can use critical thinking.

Not much of that going on these days!

Why train when you can endlessly debate gear or argue tinfoil theories that won’t change our circumstances whether true or not?

First Sergeant

Joe, as usual you put into words what I have been thinking.

@wheelsee
              , I am constantly reminded of the two quotes you and I discussed a couple of weeks ago.

Read this. While I can hope that what he discusses comes to pass, I have little faith that it will.

True Confessions of a Covid Denier

FILO
              Signal Out, Can You Identify
              Je ne regrette rien
              In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

While I can hope that what he discusses comes to pass, I have little faith that it will.

I agree it would be nice, but it seems more likely that most people will continue to talk virtually and do nothing tangible.

I do have renewed hope for my rural area.

I have not missed a single Church service and general attendance is normal.

Many businesses officially forced to close, continue to operate either low profile or underground.

I have intentionally taken my dogs for walks in officially closed parks even in front of LEO’s with no reaction.

Masks are not the norm.

I can’t say this applies everywhere in Florida, but even in bigger cities there is much underground commerce.

First Sergeant

Elsewhere on the internet there are people recommending that you should be prepared to not leave your house from 6 months to 18 months. They say that by you leaving your house you are making the problem worse. These are supposedly conservative gun owners.

This whole thing has completely ripped the veil off.

FILO
                  Signal Out, Can You Identify
                  Je ne regrette rien
                  In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Anonymous
                  Inactive

I’m basically going about my business as if this is more serious than the common flu but not as serious as Spanish influenza, the right-wing bubble keeps telling me absolutely nothing is wrong whatsoever while the left-wing bubble is telling me the sky is falling. I did hear from a friend who works in a hospital that his got overflow COVID patients from DC since they were full.

I got really sick back in January or February, my job still made me work so then my co-worker got it too since we shared the same work vehicle. Light-headedness, coughing, shortness of breath, all over a period of a couple of days, probably the worst upper respiratory infection I’ve had, didn’t click in my head until recently that it might have been COVID-19 if it came over here last fall but no way to verify one way or the other.

Where I’m at most people are wearing masks when out in public shopping areas, all the chain big box stores are counting customers and mandating mask use but the lines have eased up since they first started doing it. I’m still going out doing my usual shopping but I can indulge in thrift shops like I usually do, instead I’m fulfilling my junk-buying habit through the Goodwill website and Ebay, just bought a pair of Bose Triport Tacticals like Joe got, also a better dump pouch because the one I did OPFOR with started falling apart after two days of heavy use. Mostly taking precautions because my parents are older and have conditions that might make them vulnerable.

Bought a new lower, also 1000 rounds of ammo if Sportsman’s Guide or whoever I ordered it from gets it in stock within 60 days. :unsure: Good thing is I’m essential and making more money than ever off my new site so buying up guns and gear. ;-)

Max
                    Keymaster

I’m not sure what the point if this is? To gleefully point out that many are not that great at prepping? To point out that people beleived, and still do, ‘trusted’ reports on the virus? That whole aspect goes deep.

You can only hope that people wake up. I don’t give a fuck if they are lifetime preppers or not. Instead of being smug and aloof, bring them in. Culpeper Volunteers is full of solid folks with a varying degree of prepper history. Some are buying rifles right now and training at range days. How many times do guys have rifles but not one set up for wife, or one that works for wife? Not enought ammo. Not the right equipment.

It is about traiming, building trust and mutual support. Without these things preppers are also fucked, however much you have stockpiled as an individual.

How about we provide resources for people to get onboard, rather than being assholes?

Joe: when are you coming up for training? We have routinely hosted people making the drive up from FL.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Max.
                      • This reply was modified 3 months ago by Max.
                      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

It is about traiming, building trust and mutual support. Without these things preppers are also fucked, however much you have stockpiled as an individual.

A balanced response is required!

This Forum has the information to get any group through any contingency, but it takes more than talk.

It takes more than the cool stuff!

The rational critical thinking MVT has been known for is required now more than any piece of gear.

There is no glee, pissed off at so many that should have known better is more accurate.

Anyone that is truly new to this or didn’t take the time before has concrete answers available on the MVT Forum.

Can’t find it?

Just ask! :yes:

‘trusted’ reports on the virus?

What’s “trusted?”

The Government?

If you’re new at first maybe, but how many times can it be wrong before you look elswhere?

The Propaganda Media?

Again maybe if your just waking up, but their track record makes the Government look competent.

People personally known in epicenter of hotspots?

When you’re in the middle of a figurative or literal hurricane, it may seem like the end of the world, but your tainted by your perspective. This is where critical thinking comes in and looking at the big picture.

Max
                        Keymaster

If you have a lifetime in Intel, and the time and means to prep and stockpile, you have an advantage on the prepping world. Trusted sources refer to how people will trust the governmemt in terms of not understanding any reasoning why they would be lied to. It’s normalcy bias. It’s where most people are, living month to month.

Also, whatever info is on this forum, it’s not gonna help you. It’s background information, or there to expand the background of those who are training. People need to train. Being able to do this is in the real world, not in words.

But it may be getting too late.

Max
                          Keymaster

I’d like to see less triumph and more helping. MVT was started to help ‘good folks survive’ and there are plenty of good folks that I am sure many of you would like to help, who are not far along any prepping journey. We have the time we have left. Do what you can.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

lso, whatever info is on this forum, it’s not gonna help you. It’s background information, or there to expand the background of those who are training. People need to train. Being able to do this is in the real world, not in words.

Correct, action not words!

Of course the background information will provide guide to establish priorities that may not be apparent to the newcomer.

But it may be getting too late.

Hence the urgency in all aspects addressed here on Forum.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I’d like to see less triumph and more helping. MVT was started to help ‘good folks survive’ and there are plenty of good folks that I am sure many of you would like to help, who are not far along any prepping journey. We have the time we have left. Do what you can.

:good:

JohnnyMac
                                Participant

Many people from my social network has reached out about “what should they be doing” since I know “prepper stuff”. To be honest, I cringed a bit at first because I never considered myself a prepper. It turns out I’m far more prepared than most people.

I’ve been doing what I can as far as giving guidance, even gifting things to family. Gardens are being started or expanded, group sourcing things we need, etc.

One piece of advice I keep giving people is invest in yourself- software over hardware. I haven’t seen too much pull for that sadly.

There are also a lot of people I know who aren’t concerning themselves with the future, in essence, “opting out” or “everything will be ok”. I’m an admitted optimist, so I hope they’re right, but they might be in a really bad spot, along with much of America.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by JohnnyMac.
                                  BILLY
                                  Participant

I thought this was a really good article to talk about how the “medicine” to save us from the coronavirus in our society is far worse than the disease. The most interesting line was something I hadn’t thought about, the average age of a covid victim is higher than the life expectancy in the US! We’ve closed down completely to protect us from something that kills those who have lived longer than the avg US citizen?

https://theweek.com/articles/913411/dark-decade-ahead

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.