“Contact! A Tactical Manual for Post Collapse Survival”

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Self-Reliance & Preparedness “Contact! A Tactical Manual for Post Collapse Survival”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Giving the times we live in and the inherent uncertainty it seemed like a good time to bring up Max’s book Contact! A Tactical Manual for Post Collapse Survival.

It’s worth a periodic read under normal times, much less our current situation.

I highly recommend reading it again and if you haven’t read it yet you are missing out on some great information.

I have extensive experience in survival and preparedness and I still take the time to read it once a year. There are many references that fall into my yearly reading schedule.

Survival and preparedness is a journey, not a destination.

Dark Knight
        Participant

Survival and preparedness is a journey, not a destination.

Very wise words!!!

The book is in my current stack of reading material!

vagabond
          Participant

This book sits by my bedstand for ready reading and has been there several years.

You could call ‘Contact” THE book for ‘tactical prepping’ if you want to call it that.
            If don’t have it, it’s clearly the book to get.

Essentially the subject matter is an adaptation of small unit tactics to the prepper world, but there’s a heap of info on all connected subjects such as field craft, casualty care, gear selection, fitness – pick the subject, it’s there, anything that supports small unit effectiveness and survival.

It’s that book that got me training at MVT in the first place.

The writing itself is divided into direct instruction, but also ‘conversational’ blog-style in-depth discussions of common but crucial topics, e.g. rucking, teamwork, clothing, weapons etc.

One topic I find especially valuable concerns structured combat decision making which has personal relevance; I’m an ‘analysis’ guy – people like me can generate options all day long under calm conditions, but the problems are narrowing down courses of useful action, and deciding with limited information under stress. The value is that the decision making system is a very good way to organize thinking in the first place, in many areas of life or business besides tactical concerns.

I’d suggest hard copy, in case Amazon decides to delete your kindle copy some day.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.