Central Florida Deer Hunting

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 2 months ago by Max. This post has been viewed 35 times
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

Anybody know any good places to deer hunt in the Tampa FL area? I’m down here on a job and I’m missing the best part of the rut in Ohio. Would love to get out this weekend. If I understand the regs correctly it is currently gun season in this area but it seems as if the season is not always the same on public as it is on private land here.

whitebear620
        Participant

Tagged for info. My AO but I have no knowledge of hunting yet.

SeanT
          Keymaster

FL hunting zone map

The Hillsboro wildlife area requires muzzleloading or archery

Corvette
            Participant

I saw that. Wish now that I’d have brought my muzzleloader or bow. All I’ve got with me is my AR like I normally do when on a trip.

Max
              Keymaster

An hour North of Tampa. The Chassahowitzka Wildlife mngt area. It is rifle season for deer and you can hunt either deer or hogs there. Need hunting lic and deer lic for deer. Don’t need anything for hog other than a bad attitude. Season is on now and will last until Jan. 7.
                Day use fee is waved for hunters. I’ll be out there Tues. Florida requires a 5 round magazine though for hunting.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.