Camouflage Colors but Way to Much Shine

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Shelter and Sleep Systems Camouflage Colors but Way to Much Shine

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      wildbill
      Participant

While waiting for the MVT Shield to go back into production I purchased a MTP “multicam” Basha shelter nylon tarp from the UK the only problem I have with it is the shine. :wacko:

So how do you get rid of excessive shine on nylon suggestions please?

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

If it’s new vice used surplus sometimes use will take care of shine.

If you post the exact type someone here probably has used one and can give better input.

If nothing else, use some Krylon 53530 Flat Acrylic Crystal Clear Interior and Exterior Top Coat or equivalent.

Always test a small spot to check for reactions or color shift that you can’t live with.

Corvette
          Participant

The nylon is impregnated with silicone so what ever you do take that into consideration (Eg: dye and such)..

You can try a VERY LIGHT dusting of a camo colored paint… anything more then a light dusting and it will just chip and flake off and you’ll have spots of shine and a mess..

Bergmann

wildbill
            Participant

It’s new so I may just hang it up outside in the weather for a week or two to see if that will help some then maybe spray paint.

If nothing else, use some Krylon 53530 Flat Acrylic Crystal Clear Interior and Exterior Top Coat or equivalent.

But like Ivarr said I wasn’t sure how well that would work on nylon soaked in silicone guess we’ll see if weathering it doesn’t help. Thanks guys!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.