Book Recommendation on Chechen Tactics

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Book Recommendation on Chechen Tactics

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RightBob
      Participant

I recommend “Fangs of the Lone Wolf: Chechen Tactics in the Russian-Chechen Wars 1994-2009” by Dodge Billingsley. He is a journalist who traveled a lot in country and later interviewed many combatants who had scattered around the world.
        The book is not meant to be a general history, but is a nitty gritty, down in the weeds look at how the Chechens fought. The book contains 30 vignettes of various actions with detailed maps and diagrams and illuminating commentary.

Max
        Keymaster

I believe I am part way through this v=book at Johnnymac’s recommendation also on this forum.

This sort of history if very interesting, but I simply urge caution. Just because a certain group did something a certain way, does not mean it was the right or best way.

RightBob
          Participant

Yes Max, I understand what you’re saying. The author is pretty clear that in many instances the Chechens had limited success.

RobRoy
            Participant

The first war was fought by a bunch of Russians with drunks as leaders, Putin used carrot and stick and I assume the stick is impolite. The current president of Chechnya is a true Asiatic despotic character him and his golden gun and hot muslim chick pics are humorous.

So yeah if you are fighting Russian drunks bait their crappy armor into a city.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.