Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Quad MP7 Mag Pouch

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Gear and Book Reviews Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Quad MP7 Mag Pouch

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

As noted in my Blue Force Gear BELTminus, MICRO Rackminus, Rackminus, & Plateminus Carrier Thread I’ve become a fan BFG’s products.

I’ve touched on my use of pistol caliber carbine such as the Colt 6951 for training and use.

There is a lack of quality modern web gear to support this.

So I decided to try out the Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Quad MP7 Mag Pouch for my use.

I picked up two for evaluation.

Until you’ve handled BFG’s products it’s hard to imagine how light weight they are.

Ten-Speed Quad MP7 Mag Pouch

The Ten-Speed Quad MP7 Mag Pouch was designed around the MP7 magazine but is the perfect size for almost all submachine gun mags, batons, longer lights, or other similar sized items.

Ten-Speed® magazine pouches are the perfect blend of speed and security. Built from military grade elastic and ULTRAcomp™, the multi-use pouches weigh almost nothing and lay flat when not in use.

The Patented Helium Whisper® attachment system is compatible with all MOLLE platforms and built with a combat tested, high performance laminate that reduces weight up to 60% while equaling or exceeding the durability of 1000d CORDURA®.The latest material innovation of the Ten-Speed® pouches have been modified for optimized retention and greater durability.

As with all Blue Force Gear, it is made with excellence in the USA and carries a limited lifetime warranty.

While BFG’s various rigs can use any MOLLE products, it’s when you use their Helium Whisper® attachment system that you get the full benefit of laser cut secure fit.

Besides BFG Current Licensees include:

The Safariland Group
        Platatac
        Eleven 10
        Velocity Systems
        Strategem

So I attached the two quad pouches to a large RACKminus chest rig.

Here are the front an back of pouches.

The pouches attached to chest rig front view.

Viewed from the back.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Joe (G.W.N.S.)

BFG’s Ten-Speed Triple M4 Mag Pouch takes up the same footprint as the Ten-Speed Quad MP7 Mag Pouch.

This pouch can hold my 15 round M9, 30 round M9, and Colt AR 9mm magazines.

Retention is secure with standard pistol magazines and adequate for carbine/smg magazines.

Violent shaking upside down caused some of the carbine/smg magazines to eventually come free.

Whether this is a problem for your needs would have to be considered.

For normal movement drills preliminary results show this to not be an issue for me.

Will update as necessary.

JohnnyMac
          Participant

I just received these along with the beltminus.

My initial impression is positive, the equipment really helps keep things low profile.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…the equipment really helps keep things low profile.

Agreed, shortly after my initial post I moved the Quad pouches to my BELTminus. I could easily conceal that setup with a windbreaker/hoodie if I desired.

It adds very little to your width.

The BELTminus ULTRAcomp material rides secure due to the mild tacky sides grip without needing to be excessively tight.

The Ten-Speed Quad pouches with belt are are thinner even with magazines inserted then most padded battlebelts without anything attached! ;-)

If I needed a heavy ammo load out I could add the RACKminus chest rig to my BELTminis for a sixteen magazine loadout (12 magazines with the Triple M4 pouches).

Max
              Keymaster

Curious as to the SMG rather than a 5.56?

Those elastic mags have their use but you can’t get a mag back in there one handed, so no good for TacMag etc. Hence preferring kydex.

What they are useful for is if you don’t want kydex mags permanently mounted on front of a PC. It gives you the option of carrying mags, or because they go flat, putting a chest rig over top of your PC. However, I simply prefer to use kydex filled mag pouches on front of PC.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

What they are useful for is if you don’t want kydex mags permanently mounted on front of a PC.

I agree.

I’ve touched on my use of pistol caliber carbine such as the Colt 6951 for training and use.

There is a lack of quality modern web gear to support this.

I am working on some custom index options as well and will review that when a successful solution is found.

Curious as to the SMG rather than a 5.56?

Awhile back I got a early Colt 9mm AR Carbine in a trade. Initially the main purpose was essentially the same manual of arms for about half the cost of ammo compared to 5.56.

This wasn’t to replace my AR, just expand my training options.

It renewed my interest in the concept of compact discreet firepower for non-standard use.

Of course the the various 9mm AR’s even in SBR/braced pistol versions were larger than required for this niche role by their design.

I rejected outright the idea of the “rifle in a bag” nonsense popularized on the web. Sure that maybe a way to transport a weapon, but it certainly isn’t like drawing a handgun.

So I tested a variety PCC/SMG/Braced Pistols for speciality use. The goal was compact, low profile, concealed within reason, and potential to be suppressed.

So for the “bread and butter” SUT as discussed in the Tactical Manual a 5.56 AR is my choice.

JohnnyMac
                  Participant

compact discreet firepower for non-standard use.

Of course the the various 9mm AR’s even in SBR/braced pistol versions were larger than required for this niche role by their design

Bingo

JohnnyMac
                    Participant

To add, *if* you can accommodate something slightly bigger, a short 300blk is a better option.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

To add, *if* you can accommodate something slightly bigger, a short 300blk is a better option.

For my requirements I just didn’t want to add more calibers to the fold and I consider 9mm to be sufficient for the intended use.

.300 blk has some excellent qualities, but like everything we do, compromises must be made.

I like the Colt 6951, but for what I envision it’s too big even in a SBR format.

Any AR is going to about 26 3/4″ in its smallest shootable form.

A smaller braced pistol wannabe, SBR PCC, or SMG will be in the 10-18″ range! That’s a significant difference in size.

JohnnyMac
                        Participant

MG will be in the 10-18″ range! That’s a significant difference in size.

That’s been my experience as well, you can’t get smaller than an smg (Glock with flux brace shows some promise though).

On the 300blk, the caliber allows you to use a shorter barrel (with good results) than 556. A pdw brace is sort of compact, but still adds to OAL. A law folding adaptor allows you to cut down on OAL, but volume is unchanged and has to be unfolded for use (other than one “emergency” shot).

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.