Blackhawk Serpa Holster Conversion

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Load Bearing Equipment Blackhawk Serpa Holster Conversion

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      JohnyMac
      Participant

Attached to my battle best is a Blackhawk dropdown Sherpa holster. Well after using it as designed for a year I do not like the arrangement.

The thigh holster gets in my way especially when walking through dense brush. It also chaffs my thigh and neither regions when it is hot and humid out.

My EDC is a IWB holster so when I go to reach for the handgun my mussel memory tends to have me go to my right belt side, not down to the thigh holstered weapon.

I have sent Blackhawk an email but as of this writing have not received a response to this question

So my question is: I like the holster…Is there some way to mount the holster to my battle belt? Obviously I will have to unscrew it from the dropdown. With that said I see no accessory to accomplish what I would like to do. Suggestions?

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Blackhawk Serpa Quick Disconnect Kit

Corvette
          Participant

What kind of battle belt do you have?

JohnyMac
            Participant

Thx GWNS I did see that however the MSRT price is $189- which is way outside my current financial situation.

Aaron, I am using a GI web Alice belt which is about 2″ wide. I am looking to switch to a padded molle belt and just planing ahead.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Blackhawk Serpa Quick Disconnect Kit (2 Female/1 Male) $27.49

BlackHawk STRIKE CQC Ambidextrous Platform $11.99

Strike is molle compatible and your holster should attach without quick disconnect if you don’t need ability to go back and forth.

Above site is first in search not necessarily best price and verify compatibility.

Also Blackhawk Serpa Mod-U Lok Platform w/ Screws $14.24 which I think would fit GI belt.

So potentially less than $20.00 if you don’t need quick disconnect.

Again verify compatibility.

Max
                Keymaster

JohhnyM, GW points out a solid option there. Another option is a company called G-Code: http://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/Accessories.html

Yessir, it can add up$. Goes without saying, ebay is your friend. I’ve fallen assfirst into many a screaming good deal there.

Max
                  Keymaster

The trigger-finger release is a great design, but it seems that this would be vulnerable to getting dirt in it while going prone, jamming up the release mechanism.

Any thoughts and real-world experience?

JohnyMac
                    Participant

Thank you gentlemen for your advise. It is all good stuff!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.