View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Announcement – Introductions

Viewing 367 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

Everyone this is our new Forum!

Finally!!
      Still ironing out a few minor bugs but I this this will be a cozy place for all us to hang out with like minded people and learn from each other.

I figured I’d start with Introductions for all of us. Given the world we live in I don’t expect everyone , or even most to give us all Name and address etc.. but just a little about each other will be nice.

So I’ll start.
      I am the Site Admin here.

My background is 20 years Army, both enlisted and Officer but none of it was tip-of-the-spear.
      But I ‘ve been to about 13 countries and hold a couple of hard science degrees.

I shoot often and believe a complicated system like a modern civilization will eventually fail catastrophically, like all such systems do.

On the blog I post as F.

So go ahead tell us a little about yourself in this thread as you are comfortable.
      This thread is NOT for discussing with each other the respective value of each others rifles or favorite apocalypses 😉
      Just a short intro please, especially if you have relevant expertise.

Max
      Keymaster

Randy here. I’m QuietMan on the forum and other places.

28 years Army, Infantry, enlisted and officer. Most recently at Max’s place for training and now here we are.

Ham radio learner. Currently running a KX3 transceiver. Long time prepper, but prefer it a little warmer than brother Bergmann.

Steel yourselves: It is only beginning.

Corvette
      Participant

Nice to meet you, Sir.

Bergmann

Corvette
      Participant

Randy (sir?)

it is an honor to have you here!

Max
      Keymaster

Just Randy. More names will…occur to you as this goes on.

Smilies. We going to need smilies or people will be outside my door with torches and pitchforks. I should be safe from Max, as I have a stack of FMs….

D Close

I post as D Close on the blog. 20 years career Naval Aviator. I’ve flown numerous fixed and rotary wing aircraft around the world and still do. The people I’ve met on the blog and up at Max’s place are my kind of folks. I am here to learn as much as possible while we still can.

Submariner
      Participant

Hi guys!

I post as Submariner here and elsewhere. More than thirteen years total in the Mens and Boys Department of the Navy. Thirteen years of “tacticool” training with Panteao types because it was the best available on this side of the Mississippi until Max hung his shingle.

Looking forward to learning more and seeing good word spread to a wider community.

Corvette
      Participant

Welcome SM…

For some reason I thought you were from the UK..

Bergmann

Max
      Keymaster

Hi all, started following the blog about a year ago, got the books and loved it. I came here for a more tactical approach to my prepping as I do not have that type of training (as of yet). I look froward to learning from everyone here.

Mike H
      Participant

Hello All,

First off…thanks for the launch of the Forum! Army Vet from the cold war…many years in Defense contractor and private security. I go by the nickname of frenchie also…let the jokes begin! In twelve days I set off to WV…look forward to training with true patriots.

Take care

Mike H

TheChemist
      Participant

Good to see the forum up! I have not posted on the blog yet but intend on doing so soon. I work as a chemist in research and development, and do not have any military experience, much to the ire of the rest of the family. Just decided it wasn’t for me! I will be training with Max on June 21-22.

Max
      Keymaster

Hello everyone,

Been following the blog for almost a year since I read Patriot Dawn. 11yrs Army, background in logistics and ordnance disposal. Looking forward to useful info and good networking, and hopefully I can contribute what little I know.

Max
      Keymaster

I’m here. Not much special about me to post. Just your resident gear maker.

Max
      Keymaster

Hi everyone. I’m Rick and go by sfsigo or sfsigo 110 on the blog (sfsigo here on the forum). I’m an ex Army Signal Officer that spent several years in an Army SF Group. Look forward to learning from everyone and meeting other Patriots.

Max
      Keymaster

Well, well, well. We need an S6. Wouldn’t happen to have a SAVSERSUP6 lying about, would you?

Welcome aboard. Are you coming to the NC PATCON in May?

Have you seen these blogs?

http://sparks31.wordpress.com/
      http://danmorgan76.wordpress.com/

Maybe you can translate Sparks for us. 😉

Just passed my ham tech and general exams today. Glad to have you on board.

Max
      Keymaster

Howdy folks, I’m Sharpshooter79, haven’t posted much on the blog. I’m just a plain old civilian, no military experience, job is an HVAC control tech/boiler mechanic. Have both Contact and Patriot Dawn. Looking forward to asking questions and learning, thanks for the forum!

Max
      Keymaster

Hey all,

Mervo here and elsewhere. Thanks to Max, Bergmann, and others that have provided a wealth of knowledge to the site, and now, the forum.

Looking forward to further learning, in addition to a class with Max this summer.

Former Sapper
      Participant

(excuse the double post, I had to reregister my account because I screwed something up)

Hi everyone

I post on the blog as Former Sapper because, well I was for a small time a sapper in the British Army. I bring nothing to the table other than a basic knowledge of combat engineering, field craft and my ever pervasive sparkling wit and conversation.

Looking forward to talking further with you guys about this stuff, at least I can talk about cool shit to a willing crowd. Currently living in SE England. I’m here because for as long as people still believe in personal freedoms as written in the US Constitution there is still hope in the world. That and you guys aren’t a bunch of chest thumping dickheads which is always good.

Sam Brady
      Participant

Howdy,
      I post as Sam Brady-primarily because he is one of my hero’s from the past.
      10 year Infantry veteran/Vietnam Infantry Veteran.
      34 year retired law enforcement officer with a career in federal, city and county law enforcement.
      Looking forward to training with Max in April……

DiznNC
      Participant

Hey Guys:

Diz here posting as DiznNC because you need at least 4 characters to be a character here.

Background is Plt Ldr, USMCR, incl Infantry, Recon, STA, 81mm mortars, and Dragon platoons. Three years active, 3 years reserves. Also one year IL ArNG, as Co Cmdr, CSC (Scouts, 4.2 mortars, and TOWs).

Various courses since then with the usual suspects.

Been a “tinfoil hat” according to the mainstream tacticool crowd for many years.

Design tactical nylon gear for armed citizens, for real world applications.

I believe there is a storm coming. Don’t know exactly when, but I think it’s prudent to prepare.

Look forward to meeting and training with you guys this year.

Max
      Keymaster

My hat is off to you Sapper, just your knowledge of combat engineering is quite a feat, never been much for it myself, I just train to destroy IEDs for a living.

Max
      Keymaster

I failed to mention, I was FL Army NG back in the day. Just a simple commo grunt. I’ve been shooting and in the woods the better part of my life. Trained under many of the mainstream instructors over the years. Otherwise basically a younger twin to my older brother-from-another-mother Diz.

Corvette
      Participant

Alex , here. I’m here to learn and grateful for the wisdom of Patriots who are willing to share.

I’m a 50 year old carpenter. Over the past 35 years I’ve morphed from martial art / self defense enthusiast to prepper. I believe bad things are coming , and I think it’s too late to stop it.

Max’s commentary about the ” lone prepper on a hill ” preparing to die in place hit me like a bucket of cold water. And I am vigorously campaigning to get my associates to wake the F up and start learning to behave as a team , instead of a herd of cats.

M1-Guy
      Participant

M1-Guy here from the long ago formerly great state of NY. I am nobody special, a CPA by day and an M1 Garand/Carbine enthusiast the rest of the time, shooting, assembling, restoring, saving, etc. Voraciously consuming information and training.

The accountant in me tells me that bad things are coming or “the books are out of balance” and the books ALWAYS end up in balance. Getting there will be difficult. I am here to learn and be schooled in how to move through the difficult times that I believe are closer than further away.

Thank you to all above and following this post who have served. I and my family are grateful more than you know.

Max
      Keymaster

Hi all, 30 yr old with about 10 yrs as an aviation maintenance tech, with a bit of avionics exp. Been reading mosby and max for about two years and learning a lot. Looking forward to getting some more good info.

Max
      Keymaster

Hey all. I’m a retired mechanic turned prepper, moved up here into the Maine hills. We’ve got three generations in the family compound it relegates to me to prepare and protect and mostly babysit. :o) I am determined my grandcubs will live in freedom.

I’ve learned a lot from the blog and the books and look forward to learning more.
      Glad to be here.
      Fred

Corvette
      Participant

Sourdough here. I am interested in learning. I have no experience in this area. Still reading CONTACT, when not eating Sourdough Pancakes.

Max
      Keymaster

Just another civilian here, I go by the name of TacticalM4, here and elsewhere. I love the training that Max and many other “Patriots” out there are doing, giving their time and effort and all. I have had several of Mosby’s classes, TC3, SUT1, SUT2, Room Clearing drills, convoy movements, I’ve taken an escape & evade class and Max’s CRCD class, coming back for the 3 day patrol in Sept. I always show up with a teachable attitude and my hats off to all you fine gentleman who either teach your knowledge to others or take the time to come and learn from people like yourself, God Bless from the great state of Tennessee!

Max
      Keymaster

Jim here. I’ve posted in comments here as blue10 in the past. My current AO is AZ. I spent a good hunk of years in the Army back in the Desert Storm days, did some combaty, actiony stuff, did some boring stuff, went to other continents and learned much.

More to follow, as time and necessity allow.

Thanks

JohnyMac
      Participant

Hello folks, JohnyMac here and new to this forum. I come to this forum not as a former military warrior but as an avid reader of Max’s books and blog.

I am and have been an avid prepper for years and hope to share some prepper knowledge for some military knowledge, along with an occasional rant on our current political and economic situation.

Thanks to all involved in putting this forum together. I have done it and know how tough it is.

Good luck!
      JohnyMac

Tater in SC
      Participant

Tater here. Post under Tater in SC. Thanks to Sam Culper for the nickname. MVT CRCD & PC alumni. Just a civilian trying to prepare for the upcoming North American Liberty Games. AO is just South of CLT, NC. Appears as though I have met or trained with many of you (either through MVT, NC PATCON or GuerillaAmerica). Congrats to both Max & F on the new forum site. Looking forward to the lively discussions sure to be held here.

Max
      Keymaster

Hey guys

I’m from Argentina, been prepping since a few years.
      As a software engineer I worked in the computer security industry for some time.
      Lately I’d been writing some basic computer related COMSEC tutorials you can find them at my blog https://apx808.blogspot.com

Good luck with this new endeavor Max.

Corvette
      Participant

Hey all, Jack a Civilian here, I am a professional in the firearms business. I also have been watching the blog for some time. I have read Patriot Dawn and Contact. I will be attending Max’s class in early May. I am a “TOTAL” newbie to tactical and loving learning from all of your posts. This is an completely new world to me. At 58 it will not be easy but I am all in.

JustARandomGuy
      Participant

Another random civvie here- longtime lurker around Max’s blog since ye olden days, as well as a few other extremist sites. 😛
      I also run a small blog.
      Having started in the “tacticool” shooting community (you’ve been warned! lol) and having an interest in miltary/history stuff in general, I was always interested in more of the actual tactics side of things, since that’s pretty much glossed over (and frankly frowned upon to a degree) in the civvie-tactical community.
      So, here I am…

One more thing- I’ve noticed a phenomen I like to call “the fog of internet”- sometimes things posted don’t come out right- if you’re upset in some way by something I wrote- ask me for clarification before breaking out the pitchforks and torches. 😀

Max
      Keymaster

Hello all!

I was an Infantry soldier from the early 70’s until 1982. I’ve been a police officer since then. I have been following Max’s blog for a few months now and usually take a lot away from his comments as well as the responses of the participants.
      I probably won’t post much (I have two ears and one mouth so I think its best if I listen twice as much as I talk). But I am looking forward to learning from this forum.

Matt
      Participant

Gents,

Just arrived. I’m a former USAF pilot turned commercial pilot. Looking to soak up info like a sponge.

Matt

Corvette
      Participant

MayorQuixote, here. Also post as MQ on the blog. I’m a regular Walter Mitty, desk-laden, crossfitting, civilian. I’m here to learn!

Max
      Keymaster

Sandman checking in. Those who need my personal info have it.

Oh and somebody mention Dog pics, so……bam.
      Our biological alarm, Mona.

Corvette
      Participant

I’ve read everyone’s introduction and am impressed by the enthusiasm and quality of our membership.

We were considering for a short while to make this an invitation-only forum and now we are very glad we did not, because we would have missed out on so many great folks.
      Networking and getting as many folks as possible to learn by participation is the best reward in itself.:)

respectfully,

F

Brian from Georgia
      Participant

Brian from Georgia here. Office stiff, wannabe homesteader, Appleseed rifle marksmanship instructor.

The only tactical training I’ve had is Max’s CRCD class. I’m scheduled for the Patrol class in May. Looking forward to meeting and working with fellow patriots.

JeffSags
      Participant

Hi All, I just finished up my second CRCD this weekend. I attended my first in August. I am just a regular guy with a couple of CRCD’s under my belt. I am here for the same reason as most others, to learn tactical self-defense skills to help protect life, liberty and property.

JeffSags
      Participant

Arthur, I am also in NY. Westchester County. I am sure we have lots to discuss!

Corvette
      Participant

MayorQuixote here. Also post as MQ. I live in the great state of Texas. I fly a desk at an architecture firm. Hobbies include; learning how to be a dad, crossfit, reading, and indulging in Walter Mitty-Red Dawn type fantasies.

I’m here to learn and connect.

Tater in SC
      Participant

Howdy Sandman. Great dog!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Retired military, over 20 years service.

Sandman, we might need to start a Scout Dog program.

Corvette
      Participant

Hey Guys:

Diz here posting as DiznNC because you need at least 4 characters to be a character here.

Background is Plt Ldr, USMCR, incl Infantry, Recon, STA, 81mm mortars, and Dragon platoons. Three years active, 3 years reserves. Also one year IL ArNG, as Co Cmdr, CSC (Scouts, 4.2 mortars, and TOWs).

Various courses since then with the usual suspects.

Been a “tinfoil hat” according to the mainstream tacticool crowd for many years.

Design tactical nylon gear for armed citizens, for real world applications.

I believe there is a storm coming. Don’t know exactly when, but I think it’s prudent to prepare.

Look forward to meeting and training with you guys this year.

Diz,

I look forward to trying your gear!

respectfully,

F

Corvette
      Participant

Hi All, I just finished up my second CRCD this weekend. I attended my first in August. I am just a regular guy with a couple of CRCD’s under my belt. I am here for the same reason as most others, to learn tactical self-defense skills to help protect life, liberty and property.

Jeff it was great to meet you this weekend!!
      Good to see you made it home thru the snow in one piece! 🙂

Corvette
      Participant

Retired military, over 20 years service.

Sandman, we might need to start a Scout Dog program.

Beautiful dog..

Bergmann

Corvette
      Participant

Got a website for your gear?

Max
      Keymaster

‘nother civilian, I like long range shooting, dark nights, sharp blades, and walks in the rain 🙂

Thanks MV and the mods for launching this. I look forward to seeing it grow.

Max
      Keymaster

Hello all, 40ish student of the gun from Maine.
      Skills and interest include, firearms, avid reader of history, sailing, electronics, ham radio and 1911s. I’m a business owner, have been self-employed for the last 25 or so years.

Like many of you, I too am concerned about what I see happening in our nation, and in our world. To borrow a phrase from Winston Churchill, one of my personal heroes, I see a “Gathering Storm”.

I love my country, and look forward to meeting, and training with you gents this year.

Be of good cheer.

Corvette
      Participant

Alan Mullenax here. Also known as Outlaw Patriot at times in other places.

Just completed CRCD this last weekend.

Max
      Keymaster

Hey all.

Former 11B – Cold War era.

I’ll read a lot and post a little.

Mainly because I don’t know nuthin’ ’bout nuthin’.

JeffSags
      Participant

F, it was nice meeting you as well. My trip home was fine, yours may have been more interesting : )

I enjoyed talking with you, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

JC
      Participant

Greetings,
      I’m a former Navy helo driver. Now I get my kicks riding motorcycles. Other hobbies include Ham radio (anyone up for some NVIS experimentation?).

I’ve been shooting most of my adult life, and have attended tactical classes. But it’s all “square range” training. I was frustrated by a seeming lack of instruction concerning the basics of small team tactics. Most tactical manuals are written for an audience who has already been taught the mechanics of fire and maneuver, etc. So, they tell you what to do, but not how to do it (you can’t do a boot-leg turn until you know how to drive!)

You don’t know what you don’t know – and what you don’t know can get you killed. One of my favorite quotes is “If you learn it right, you’ll do it right the rest of your life. If you learn it wrong, you’ll do it wrong and spend the rest of your life trying to learn to do it right.” (from About Face by Col David Hackworth)

I discovered Contact in Jan. I have been following the blog since then. I’m attending a CRCD class this spring.

I’m here to learn.

Andrew
      Participant

Andrew here. USN ’68-’79, ET1(SS), got out and was a street cop for 5 months before I went into the Border Patrol, in S. Texas, in ’80. Did 3 years there and went over to Customs (now ICE) and stayed there until I retired with 32 years of service to the old USA.

Got good at tracking and night work on the Rio Grande River with maybe 1 other Agent. If we were lucky we could get 3 or 4 folks out in the brush.

Still shoot a lot. Better with pistol and rifle than shotgun, but I can run one if I have to.

Glad to be here, looking to learn and share what I might be able to.

Eric
      Participant

Hey Gents…

and ladies if it applies. Name’s Eric. I go by the nickname “easy.”

Fifty year old lover of liberty, huge admirer of the spirit in which this country was founded, and the men who gave their lives to get it done. Also fairly convinced that the nation is being pulled apart beneath us while the majority of the masses are hypnotized by shiny trinkets and talking heads.

Started shooting when I was 6, been a gun nut ever since. No military experience, and an upcoming 5 day gig with Max and 11 other liberty minded individuals will be my first tactical training.

Other interests include: My wife, my kids, God, anything that goes fast and has a motor, knives, archery, self defense, personal fitness, nutrition, and trying to be the best human being I can be towards my fellow man.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you, as the opportunity presents itself, and excited as hell to be able to learn how to fight and defend mine if that need ever arises.

Suspect1
      Participant

Heylow All,
      Post as Suspect1 or Ugly Rick, here and elsewhere on the interwebs. Have some experience with unorganized militias in Ohio as well as being a CRCD alumni. Looking forward to a space that is laidback, where I can access knowledge, without the fog of ego getting in the way. Thanks to all who have built the MVT Forum.

Max
      Keymaster

JC, as soon as the bureauRATS issue me my call sign, I’ll post it up and we can work out a comm schedule.

JC
      Participant

Sounds good Randy. PM sent.

Corvette
      Participant

hey JC, Love your avatar!
      The picture its form was my wallpaper at work for like 6 months 😀

Max
      Keymaster

Steve here. Air Force brat, did a hitch in the 70s, helo mechanic (HH53C).
      I work in construction; plumber by trade. When the time comes I have skills to barter.
      I’m also a volunteer public safety diver with the local EMA, volunteer firefighter, hunter, rifleman.
      I don’t anticipate being able to take any patrol classes anytime soon but I’m sucking up all the info I can and practicing.
      I’m in east central Mississippi and looking for a tribe.

Max
      Keymaster

Good evening to ya’ll. Like many of you, I too have 20 years Army. Even though I was ADA, I often times had the distinct honor of working with some Grunts including LRSD and the like. SF on one occasion in the box and once, many years ago, I accidentally saw a Delta guy by accident during a combined FTX. Sneaky little bastards they are. Anyway, I have been snooping on the site for over a year and was quite pleased to see a forum come to life. It will give near real time insight to any questions we may have of the real pros.

Max
      Keymaster

Greetings.

Nice to see so many reasonable folks who get it! Most folks call me Doc Bunny, I am in my mid 30’s and I live in the rainforests of Washington. I am affiliated with the unorganized Militias out here, so if that’s an issue I want y’all to know right away.

I spent 9 years in the Army working with commo junk, and carrying radios for the “Action Guys” as Mosbey calls them. I have been to a few places, and I saw a little combat on TV.

After getting out I realized that I should try fixing people, instead of shooting them; so I became a firefighter and an EMT. I am a certified instructor in quite a few skills, and would be more than happy to help anyone I can.

Oh, and since we are starting a scout dog team….he’s an old man now, but still the best dog I know.

Pericles
      Participant

Greetings all,

US Army Active, National Guard and reserve Armor CPT
      Experience includes the following:
      CAV – Platoon Leader, Troop XO and Troop Commander
      Armor – Platoon Leader, BN operations, BN S-3, BDE Asst. S-3
      Foreign – Liaison Assignment with the German Army

Now in the militia movement, so I claim to have covered all bases.

Max
      Keymaster

Howdy all. Chuck here. Some of you may have seen some of my comments on Max’s blog and elsewhere. I’m one of those guys who just “woke up” a couple of years ago. Started with an interest in prepping and progressed from there. Like many here my background is military (20 years Regular Army and Army National Guard – all of it infantry). Family man with a love of the outdoors and guns. Nice knowing I’m not alone thinking things will get a whole lot worse before they get better. I’m here to learn and network and hopefully to contribute in some small way.

JC
      Participant

“hey JC, Love your avatar!”

Thanks. It was a great game! I loved the whole series.

JC

Former Sapper
      Participant

Just reading through the replies in this thread it seems as though we have a great bunch and no shit heels so far. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

aveighter
      Participant

aveighter here. Second CRCD last weekend. Better than the first with a drive home thru a blizzard to top it off. What more could a guy want?

Looking forward to more. I continue to be impressed by the quality of the individuals I have met in attendance at the classes. It is a pleasure to be associated with “true” Americans.

Corvette
      Participant

. No military experience, and an upcoming 5 day gig with Max and 11 other liberty minded individuals will be my first

That 5 day event is going to squeeze the best parts of 3-4 months of introductory military training into those 5 days. 😀

CW
      Participant

Hello all. Chris here. I’m 39, a Navy vet (got out as an OS2, basically a Radar-specialized Sergeant to non-naval types). I’ve got a two year-old son and we just lost my wife this past August. I’ve never had any tactical training or experience, but I feel it’s best to learn, especially in light of what’s going on here in the US. Expect me to chime in with questions occasionally, but that’s about it. I’ll try not to bug you guys.

Corvette
      Participant

I’ll try not to bug you guys.

Oh go ahead and bug us to your hearts content!! This is what the forum is about. 😀

CW
      Participant

I appreciate that, mvfmoderator. I’ve seen MV linked on westernrifleshooters a few times and figured I’d come take a look. I’m also on getoffthex, but mainly just lurking as I have zero field experience (where it counts anyway, I was a Boy Scout and grew up in small town FL). I’m sneakier than average, smaller than average, and, if my folks weren’t lying to me, smarter than average. Hoping I can learn much here, and contribute as much as possible.

Jay
      Participant

Hi, Jay here. Another civilian with CRCD training. Dental specialist with some emergency room experience and sedation/anesthesia qualifications. Grateful that the military types are willing to share with us newbies. Love the group and will contribute any way I can. Looking forward to future friends and bonding with real Patriots. An honor to be here.

Former Sapper
      Participant

I appreciate that, mvfmoderator. I’ve seen MV linked on westernrifleshooters a few times and figured I’d come take a look. I’m also on getoffthex, but mainly just lurking as I have zero field experience (where it counts anyway, I was a Boy Scout and grew up in small town FL). I’m sneakier than average, smaller than average, and, if my folks weren’t lying to me, smarter than average. Hoping I can learn much here, and contribute as much as possible.

Keep on doing what you’re doing and you’ll be golden. Don’t worry about asking questions, ask away. This is a no asshole zone so you’ll be fine. Now then, this radar stuff…

Yankee Terrier
      Participant

Thank you for this forum.I go by Yankee Terrier, I have no military experience, and want to learn all I can. I too believe a storm is coming, and I want to do a good job in all things.

Corvette
      Participant

Hello all.

Ive been following MVT for a bit now and Im really happy the forum is up and running. Im a Canadian living in Sweden right now due to slow immigration issues with my wife but hope to be back in Canada before the years out.
      Im a retired Warrant Officer with 20 years infantry mostly light/airborne but spent my last 2 years mech. Back ground in Recce, spent time instructing Advance Recce and retired as Recce Pl WO.
      I really look forward to the forum, like minded people and hope to get down to do some training at some point.

Max
      Keymaster

Should have added CRCD alumni, local Militia Commander and IIIper.

And a scout dog team sounds good. Lotta nice looking shepherds out there.

Scott G
      Participant

Hello! Dark Knight is the handle. (Minor Batman obsession!) Retired from Army National Guard with over 20 years, over half in active status. About half of my career was 11B, but that was the first half. Older, slower and larger now!
      Trying to get prepared for what I hope never comes. Found the blog, read the books and proud to say was one of two patriots in the first CRCD class!
      Looking forward to the exchange of ideas this forum will provide.

HOOAH!

Kennymac
      Participant

Hi all,

Ken here, spent 4 years in the USAF as an electronics tech. I’m in Southeast PA, north of Philly. I’ll be in the 6/21 CRCD class. Looking forward to learning some new skills and learning all I can before SHTF.

Corvette
      Participant

Hey Gang – Sam Culper here. Former Army and gov contract intel. I’ll be running the Intel Support to the Warfighter thread on here. I’d be glad to answer any questions and explain the relationship between the intelligence and tactical worlds.

Max
      Keymaster

My name is Brian from SC. I love liberty and want to learn how to protect it. I have been riding fire trucks and ambulances in a very busy system for 20 years and I am learning HAM radio. That is about all I offer. I have been learning so much from this blog, Mosby’s blog, and Culper’s blog I think my brain shall soon explode.

Max
      Keymaster

I usually just post as Prairie Patriot on the internetz. I have been following MVT for about a year now and would like to come out to WV in the future for some training. I’m just a normal dude, with no military background, but always wanted to. Unfortunately, my eyes (color blind along with some non-correctable vision problems) prevented me from pursuing that line of work. I’m a pretty big outdoor enthusiast when I can get away from work (healthcare IT).

Looking forward to being able to chat in a forum environment with everyone.

shooter
      Participant

Howdy all. No military experience, but grew up mentored by a bunch of nail eating hard-asses… Went to Marine Military Academy for high school, when it was run by a bunch of WWII/Korea/’Nam era Marines – Okinawa, Chosin, and Ahn Hoa vets. Then spent a few years running around in wilderness areas in Idaho guiding elk hunts working for a guy who was a 101’st LRRP for a couple of tours in ‘Nam… who told me, “It was a lot like hunting elk up here, except the elk had AK’s.” Then got started in all this “tactical shooting” stuff by a Marine Gunny who didn’t re-up a couple of years shy of retirement because he “was tired of committing treason”.

I was active in 3-gun, carbine matches, and IDPA for 10 years, then accumulated close to 300 hours in “Panteao” classes (a la Submariner) and have come to the conclusion that the old Gunny was right when he told me that “amateurs study equipment, professionals study tactics”.

I am here to learn more on the “tactics” side.

Corvette
      Participant

Greetings to everyone from Alaska, USA..and welcome to the forum.

Bergmann

Gideon Kayin
      Participant

3 days late. Yeah that sounds like me.

Gideon, Ohio.

No military experience but having two young girls means I’m not intimidated by much anymore and 18hour car rides with My Little Pony means I am immune to psychological torture.

Teacher by trade. Hoping to have enough time/treasure to make it to Max’s this summer. Looking forward to the intelligent discussion/damn silly antics of this board.

Max
      Keymaster

I’m from Texas I have no military experience spent most of my working life in retail. I’m here to learn.

Corvette
      Participant

A very hearty welcome to all of you !

George Haystack
      Participant

I’m going by George Haystack. Been studying liberty philosophies for 25 years, Prepping for 10, and actively gearing up and training for kinetic activities for 2. Born and raised in northern MN where I still live and work as a “white collar professional,” but don’t be fooled by that.

I’m hoping to meet and learn from like minded folks. I’ve mostly avoided forums for years, haunting them as a reader but rarely participating. But after reading Max’s books and blog I decided I like his style and I think it’s time to be a little more active in the liberty movement.

Max
      Keymaster

Mac here in Western NC. No military experience, but have been doing my best the past 5 years to prepare for the future. With our first baby on the way my preps are definitely accelerating. Looking forward to reading, hopefully contributing.

Max
      Keymaster

Go by Bob here. Went to Benning school for boys (11B) and then OJTed 13B. 6 yrs NG. Read Max’s books. Self-employed mechanic and jack of all trades. Been prepping for several years, wife and kids on board with it. Most of my neighbors don’t get it and the ones that do are too far away in time of need. Like to get some tribe going. Like to learn long range shooting. Here to learn anything I can to keep me and mine alive and well in the coming festivities…

I do believe something wicked this way comes.

God, family, country sums up my priorities.

Corvette
      Participant

George Mac and Bob!!!
      Good to have you here!!

(Bob, former 13B here myself )

Max
      Keymaster

I haven’t posted on the blog. I’m 21 and live with my wife in So Cal. No prior military, but been shooting all my life. Warehouseman by trade trying to get into LE. Eager to learn.

Max
      Keymaster

I am a civilian hungry to learn from this forum, blog and its members. Mid forties and new to the training side of being prepared. I am a valve and intrument tech by trade with some machine tool and gunsmith training. So far most of my gunsmith training has been general repair to hunting arms and revolvers and custom built “pretty” bolt guns. Love the wood and metal work. Located in the southern most county of Upstate SC
      Hats off and a big Thank you to all our Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Vets

CaneCreek

Max
      Keymaster

100% Civilian here. Have a few years of survival training from participation in several Search and Rescue groups. Always searching for knowledge and like minded folks. Live in the great state of Idaho.

El Guapo
      Participant

El Guapo touching base. Live in the Arizona White Mountains. Former U.S. Army Infantry, LEO, and have been working in Afghanistan for the last 6 years. Have a background in training, FID, and PSD. I teach SUT/Light Infantry skills to patriots and Partisans while I’m home on leave. Been following MVT, and Mosby, and have learned much.

Corvette
      Participant

Jake, Canecreek, Rob and ElGuapo:
      A hearty welcome patriots!! 😀

Max
      Keymaster

I’m a barrel chested freedom fighter born and bred in Hoosier land. Grew up on a farm with livestock and learned a self sufficient lifestyle. I worked my way through high school and college and quickly found that an office job was pure hell to me. Went out and found a career as an electrician and opened my own shop 13 years ago. Working for myself has afforded me the ability to further my personal and professional interests to the point that I’ve become fairly well rounded from a preparedness standpoint.

When the defecation meets the oscillation, I’ll be the support guy. I’m a decent gunsmith, do tons of reloading, grow a heck of a garden, animal care, can build anything you might need, decent mechanic, CPR instructor, NRA Rifle/shotgun/pistol instructor, do a lot with alternative energy solutions, and can drop targets a long way off.

Personal interest are SCUBA, Motorcycles, Scouts and hiking/backpacking.

Signed up to learn more on the subjects I wish to expand my knowledge on and understand the concepts I need to. I plan to take a course with Max and a few others in the near future. Last year was spent on preparedness overall, this year security/defense/weapons training, next year will be fortification/possible new retreat.

Max
      Keymaster

Mojomedic here, posting from the Ozarks. No .mil time, instead I’ve spent 24 years as a paramedic in various rural & semi-urban systems. Lifelong shooter & hunter, and all-around gun guy. I’ve been working toward self-sufficiency most of my adult life, and painfully aware for some time that I won’t be able to crawl into the proverbial hole and hide. So, started seeking out knowledgable trainers in tactics, and here I am. Looking forward to learning, discussing, and doing.

Max
      Keymaster

Hello , im Mac from England found this site when my friend Bergman posted a report i wrote of an airsoft milsim weekend.

Im 44 and love training , work as a bricklayer .

Thankyou for letting me join

Corvette
      Participant

HAHA sneaky bastard…

Welcome’

Bergmann

Corvette
      Participant

Meister, Mojo and Mac.. Welcome!!

Jay
      Participant

I am a civilian in central Florida. Was privileged to take Max’s class in September. Enjoyed the class, am cultivating 3 other people here to attend as our own fire team. PT is helping. Supportive wife. Lucky man. Hope to see you all soon. Can be reached at jmatterhorn@me.com. Thanks. 😉

Corvette
      Participant

G’day from Down Under,

I’ve previously posted a few times on the MV blog. Some very limited Oz mil service a long time a go in a galaxy far, far away. Lifelong interest in history, geopolitical affairs, strategy, knowledge management,liberty/freedom (hence my nick), justice and intel stuff.

My eyes really opened up 16 years ago to the “thin veneer of civilisation” by the economic and social impact of the Longford Gas Explosion in Australia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esso_Longford_gas_explosion#Aftermath

Hope to help where I can.

Snowman
      Participant

Snowman from central ohio. No military experience. Just a prepper working towards self sufficiency. Might be better suited as an auxiliary type, who knows. Getting gear together and hoping to get to a class later this year.

Corvette
      Participant

Jay, Freeman and Snowman, welcome!!!! :yes:

Gamma Rat
      Participant

Hey!

You got the forum up!

I’ve been hitting your site for a while, and recommend it to trusted friends.

I’m excited about future discussions.

Corvette
      Participant

Good to see you on here!. Love your avatar! :good:

Max
      Keymaster

Mojomedic here, posting from the Ozarks. No .mil time, instead I’ve spent 24 years as a paramedic in various rural & semi-urban systems. Lifelong shooter & hunter, and all-around gun guy. I’ve been working toward self-sufficiency most of my adult life, and painfully aware for some time that I won’t be able to crawl into the proverbial hole and hide. So, started seeking out knowledgable trainers in tactics, and here I am. Looking forward to learning, discussing, and doing.

I think you’re the only one I’ve seen so far close to my area. I’m in the KC metro area on the MO side.

Justin
      Participant

Justin checking in from the big sky state. Born and raised in Billing. 28 years spent my youth in the airborne infantry at ft Bragg nc. Have all of Max’s books and wish I could easily travel across the country to go to one of his classes! As a infantryman with experience in Iraq he is spot on worth what he is teaching in his class!

D Close

Justin, welcome aboard! Looking forward to hearing your take on things.

Max
      Keymaster

Howdy,

Been set to work at this endeavor for several years, only relevant experience is a few of Mosby’s classes, just looking to soak up good knowledge from good folks.

-Thor

Corvette
      Participant

Welcome Thor! 😀

DuaneH
      Participant

Shoulda checked in when I first joined. Seeking to learn all that I can (and can afford)

Strangely enough, my father tried to teach me these things when I was a kid but I was to stupid to want to learn them. Things are looking better for my own son so I want to have a good knowledge base to instruct him.

2001 NRA Highpower competitor
      2008 Appleseed Rifleman Instructor
      2009 Tactical Response- Fighting Rifle, Fighting Pistol
      2010 Tactical Response- Immediate Action Medical
      2010 Appleseed Rifleman Bootcamp
      2010 I.C.E. Training- Combat Focus Shooting
      2012 One Shepherd- Intro to small unit tactics.
      2012 Tactical Response- The Way of the Rifle.
      2013 John Mosby-Irregular Warfare (that’s what he called it back then)
      2013 MVT- CRCD.
      2014 MVT- CRCD.

For all those classes, I still feel like I just scratched the surface.

Commissioned in 2011 (age 37) for the first time into Army Reserves as a 66H (registered nurse)
      2012- S3
      2013- Active Duty.

WastedSkin
      Participant

Hi everyone. Originally a southern military brat who ended up staying in California after his five year hitch with the Navy Seabees. I spent a couple years in Iceland enjoying the glorious weather before I went to a deployable unit just in time to deploy to Hurricane Katrina and the Kashmir Earthquake in ’05. I also got a trip to Iraq under my belt before we closed up shop there. I’m out now working in the local private security field. A few months back I stumbled across MVT and Mr. Mosby’s blog which really helped me feel like I wasn’t needlessly paranoid with regards to the way things seem to be going on a national level. I’m new to prepping but better late than never. This forum in particular has stood out to me as intelligent, useful, and friendly so I thought I would throw my hat in the ring and add my two cents if there is ever a need for it.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome, I’ve had great experiences with Seabees.

Again welcome!

JohnyMac
      Participant

Welcome Wastedskin! Great bunch of guys with a wide breath of knowledge. :good:

WastedSkin
      Participant

Thanks for the hearty welcome guys. I thoroughly enjoyed all the times i worked with the various Army, Marine, and “State Dept.” folks I came across.

Corvette
      Participant

Welcome Prairie Patriot! ( I think we missed you earlier) :bye:

Max
      Keymaster

Hello All…The8TMachine here. Family is my “team” right now. Too old and worn out to waste the remaining Low-T I have left on doing the heavy lifting now, so, relying on an 82AB 2x Son for the “details” and handling the strategic planning using 40 years of successful .biz “start-up” experience making $1 do the work of $10. Happy to help – eager to learn. Live Free or Die

Corvette
      Participant

Able641 here. Civilian, prepper, hiker/backpacker,camper, shooter, and family man from beaver county Pennsylvania. Looking to learn, train, and Contribute where I’m able. I have people to protect and believe bad happenings are on the horizon.

Corvette
      Participant

Able and TheMachine:

A hearty welcome friends!

JohnyMac
      Participant

8TMachine, welcome to this illustrious group!

JohnyMac
      Participant

Able, welcome to MVF! To bad that you are way over by the Pitt. as there quite a few folks in the NE part of the great Commonwealth of PA. The good news is you are only a short drive (Relatively) to W.Va 😉

Drop me a PM f you want to chat PA.

Max
      Keymaster

Hey guys, hailing from SW Georgia am new to the forum, I have had a bit of training from the likes of Jim Crews and Randy Cain. I found yall from survival blog. Will be headed up to WV later this yeAr after cotton defoliating season. Looking foward to meetin some new folks. Matt

Corvette
      Participant

Welcome Matt!!! 😀

JohnyMac
      Participant

Welcome Thrushman! Very knowledgeable group here at MVF.

I see you are in the cotton industry. That sounds pretty interesting.

Don’t hesitate to jump in. :good:

Max
      Keymaster

Yes i am! I am an aerial applicator otherwise known as a crop duster. I am also an Airframe and powerplant mechanic and a flight instructor. Hope to meet some folks face to face soon. Don’t forget tom is Mother’s Day! :good:

Max
      Keymaster

Hello from Washington state. Great forum, heard about Max on Western Rifle Shooters and Sipsey Street Irregulars. Id like to thank everyone for the information they contribute, its much appreciated. I am a collector of books, so if there are any puzzling questions, ask me, I just might have the information on a shelf somewhere.

JohnyMac
      Participant

Welcome to the fire DaleGribber!

MrsMac and I spent quite a few years in the PNW. Bellevue, Lake Union then Ballard.

Great group of guys here :good:

Max
      Keymaster

Welcome Prairie Patriot! ( I think we missed you earlier) :bye:

Thanks! Just been lurking lately. 🙂

Max
      Keymaster

Greetings to all. I am currently living in Commierado, hoping to leave in three years and move to Wyoming/Idaho when I retire. I was an 11B in the 80s and had basic Army infantry training while assigned to a Reserve unit. I was an LEO for a short time back then too. I keep my skills up by attending classes given by various current and former Special Operations and Civilian instructors twice a year. My areas of focus have been Survival, tracking, Sniping, and small unit tactics. I consider myself the eternal student. I have taken John Mosby’s SUT, Patrolling and TC-3 classes.
      I was training with a small like minded group from around 2001, but due to the economy, relocations, and divorces/marriages, all have either left Colorado or dropped out. Looking to work with another small group that is not afraid to work hard.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome

A lot of good info here, forum quality is way above average.

Many seem to be finding like minded folk for potential training.

Again welcome.

JohnyMac
      Participant

Welcome Coyote223!

As GWNS wrote, “A lot of good info here.” I would also add – A lot of good folks here too.

The knowledge of the forum members is broad which helps in tackling challenges from different angles.

Max
      Keymaster

PSYOP Soldier here, (4th POG, 6th BN) back in the day, have been following Max for some time, along with other various blogs/forums/etc..
      I would call myself a covert suburban prepper, doing what I can to plan/prepare for wifey and I while appearing to be, one of the crowd…
      I’m in IT by training & profession, and am newly licensed Tech, and learning along the way..Really appreciate the knowledge presented here by everyone, especially Sparks31..Recently received his grid down commo books and trying to soak it in…
      I look forward to the forum and contributing what I can…PSYOP

ps…here’s a little article on Truck Stoppages that I point to as to why I plan/prepare, and the cascading effects…

Max
      Keymaster

Hey all.
      RobertR checking in.
      Quick Bio: 20 yrs. in engineering/design. Avid shooter. Former republican, now leaning libertarian but Patriot thru n thru.

Time and money permitting, I’ve been training with weapons and learning SUTs from various schools since 2006. Most recent was CRCD.

I feel I’m in good company and I’m here to learn.

Corvette
      Participant

Welcome Robert!!!! 🙂

JohnyMac
      Participant

Great article PSYOP Solider!

One thing that I didn’t read on the article was a reference to private truck ownership vs. company or fleet ownership. My guess is it must be in the 50%/50% range of all haulers out there. This could cause truck transportation to shut down even faster than the article proposed.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. A very good group of folks with a diverse range of experience and knowledge. :good:

JohnyMac
      Participant

Good to have you here Robert! :good:

Yeah, MrsMac and I have left the Republican party too. Sadly, they really do not want to listen to us anymore. However they want our money though :wacko:

It looks like you are a graduate of CRCD – Right on! :good:

Welcome and don’t hesitate to jump in.

Max
      Keymaster

Sparks31 here – http://sparks31.wordpress.com/

Army veteran. Long time survivalist-type. Those of you from back in the SFU days might remember my commo articles in The Resistor.

Corvette
      Participant

HI! Ex-squid, CT, M brancher here, out a couple or three decades now. So as not to appear as a troll later, will disclose that my purpose for being here is more from the lone survivalist (kinda sorta) camp, but with a strong affinity towards freedom and personal responsibility. Auxiliary member, I guess you might say. I have the belief (and some minor history) of “don’t f*ck with me, and I won’t f*ck you over, but good”. I hope to learn from you grunts and jarheads how better accomplish the latter, should someone ignore the former.

Have a great weekend! Or not!

trailman
      Participant

Hi.
      Ex Navy from long ago. Living in the Western part of the not so free state of Maryland originally from NE Pa. High end IT during the day and working homesteader at night member of the leave me alone party. In our house we are hunters, small farmers and play in the 18th F&I era.

Not much in the infantry sort of way here but as I’m getting ready to hit the 5th decade in a few days I’ve been taking the PT directives to heart for a few months now. On the PT front we have dropped 17 and are up to a four miler. I have a goal with the OPU that when I hit a certain number and distance I’m going to school. And if I get her spun up in time the OPU is coming with me.

Not sure where I found Max but have been following along for more than a year. I have a lot of personal experience with handguns and long rifles and a year into the AR platform and am looking forward to hitting a few of Max’s classes. You guys in the forum are great and a great source of info. MUCH different than the usual fodder. So bear with the ignorant questions, I’m a picture person anyways, and looking forward to it.

Hambone
      Participant

Good morning all,
      Current law enforcement officer in South Eastern NC. Living in the county that some call the armpit of NC. I have been following the site for awhile now. I find the information posted on here to be of trmendous value. It has enlighted my view of the impending collapse tenfold. I am currently attempting to prepare my family for what is inevitably going to occur in the economy. Currently reading Max’s book, Contact, outstanding reading. Thanks for the information. Hard to believe there are so many sheep walking toward the cliff. Thanks again guys. Keep the info flowing.

Corvette
      Participant

Sparks, Steve Joe and Hambone!!

Welcome to your new “Home away form Home” :yes:

Ernie
      Participant

Welcome from another Peace Officer.

Ernie

D Close

Steve, Joe, Hamer, welcome aboard. Ex Navy, Max-trained and trying to help out in the forum as much as possible from SE VA.

Corvette
      Participant

Dutch Leftern here.
      30 year old male. 10 year USAF veteran and currently serve in USAFR. I’m interested in learning the tactics side of things as well as general prepper stuff. I hail from the Great PacNW and love me a good IPA.

Not so interested in the revolution/3%/cold dead hands scene. Mostly because they all seem like blowhards. Too stupid to understand the implications of their words and too impatient and lazy to practice ACTUAL diplomacy and statesmanship.

And I don’t mind ruffling feathers as the voice of reason and enemy of groupthink.

JohnyMac
      Participant

Welcome Dutch!

Great group of guys & gals here that don’t blow smoke up your kilt.

Where do you hale from in the PNW? The last time MrsMac and I lived there our port o’ call was Ballard.

Corvette
      Participant

I’m North of Portland, Oregon by an hour or so. Right off the highway.

USMC-03
      Participant

Greetings to all from a self-professed warrior-scholar here in Oregon. I’ve posted only a couple of times so far but read quite a bit on the site. Lots of good information. Thought I’d introduce myself properly…

Former USMC infantry, military police, security forces and marksmanship instructor, starting from the mid-80s until about eight years ago. I had some breaks in service for college, etc. and ended up with 15 years (10 of them either active or activated reserve) when I was turned over to the VA for being too broken to keep up with the young bucks. My last deployment in 2005 was to New Orleans just a few days after Hurricane Katrina; eye opening experience that one was.

I’m a machinist by trade and engineer by profession. These days I work as a business process consultant. I constantly read, write and study on a wide variety of topics; lately I’ve been focusing on leadership and philosophy but also have some small expertise in history, literature and economics as well.

Way back when, as a young jarhead, I began shooting on rifle teams and kept it up as a civilian highpower competitor, both across-the-course and long range. I’ve been a classified master rifleman for over a decade. Working on keeping old skills up and learning new ones; readying myself and family for possible worst case events…

Jay
      Participant

Welcome USMC-03. Another valuable contributor and patriot to learn from. Thanks for joining!

JohnyMac
      Participant

Welcome USMC03 and your time served in the Marines!

As you have already written a great group of folks here with a wide variety of knowledge on many subjects.

Don’t hesitate to jump in with your hard earned knowledge or ask a question from the group.

Welcome :good:

D Close

Welcome USMC03. Look forward to reading your inputs here.

USMC-03
      Participant

Thank you, gentlemen. Well met.

Dusty
      Participant

Hello everyone. I am brand new to this forum and hope to network and get to know yall. I spent close to 5 years as a private security dude in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have heard a lot of good things about Max’s training programs and hope to attend one this year. Yall take care.

D

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Dusty!

Corvette
      Participant

close to 5 years as a private security dude in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That is a LOT of expertise.
      I really look forward to your posts! :yes:

Dusty
      Participant

Thanks for the kind words. I have been on several forums over the years, but they got filled up with a lot of clowns so I don’t participate anymore. I was pretty stoked when I heard about this forum starting up as I have been a fan of Max for some time. I am looking forward to this.

Corvette
      Participant

…I have been on several forums over the years, but they got filled up with a lot of clowns …

We’ve definitely been able to keep the clownage to a minimum 🙂

Max
      Keymaster

Hello everyone new guy here from SE TN. Looking forward to the discussion with like minded people.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome lone wolf!

Plenty of great discussions here.

JohnyMac
      Participant

Welcome Dusty to MVF!

I am looking forward to the “real life experiences” you will bring to the forum and hope to see you at one of Max’s classes.

JohnyMac
      Participant

Lone Wolf, yes you have defiantly found a place for a “discussion with like minded people.”

We may not always agree on a subject or point of debate, however we learn from all points of view.

Welcome :good:

Max
      Keymaster

Greetings from another FNG. Please excuse low-profile but the time for the several different patriot views and teams to get to know each other is right.

I can’t really say to much about me. Army brat raised in an intel environment, Christian, father, grandfather, 11B vet of the leg verity, communications tower tech till age 55, belong to a team on the east side of the Appalachian Redoubt.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
      Respectfully
      Robert

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Robert.

D Close

Hey Dusty! Welcome aboard!

D Close

lone Wolf, hello and welcome!

ir0nw1l
      Participant

first, of all I am really excited about finding a local place to learn and train.
      second, gentlemen thanks for your service! I greatly appreciate it!
      third, I am brand new to the whole bearing arms. I got my first firearm January 2013 and just finished my Patriot Pack (AR15, Shotgun, and Striker-fire Pistol). I am looking forward to taking classes at MVT!!

Corvette
      Participant

Iron:

You are most welcome at both MVT facility and the forum!!!
      It sounds like you are a good candidate for CRM followed by CRCD. :yes:

We love to turn newbies into dangerous men !!! :yahoo:

Corvette
      Participant

I just realized that I forgot to introduce myself, so here goes:

USAR veteran, 12B, 51R, out since ’98. Retired from trucking, now settled in on a small farm that the wife and I are starting up, nothing fancy, just want to be able to sustain ourselves. Been an avid outdoorsman my whole life, Eagle Scout, shooter, hunter. Ran across Max’s blog and was impressed with his stuff, so I read Patriot Dawn and Contact. Here to learn a few things from y’all, hopefully.

Things are heading to a bad place, I’m afraid. I hope it don’t, but, as I was taught in the Scouts, “Be Prepared.”

Max
      Keymaster

Howdy all. I’ve been here a few months, but just now getting around to posting in this thread.

I’m in central NC, an engineer by training but now downsized and working as a coach. Did time in the trenches with the early Appleseed crew, helping man the first Boot Camp back in 2006. Left in The Great Purge in 2007, along with several others from WRSA (kinda a plank holder of the original organization behind that, but it’s now far greater due to Peter’s efforts).

I would like to get to MVT to train, but being as busy as a one-legged man in an ass-kickin’ contest, I’m not holding my breath. I’ve done a good amount of quality firearm training, some with Jeff Cooper and most with Louis Awerbuck, who sadly left this earth just a couple of weeks back. For now that plus some of my own field work will have to do.

I’m working on getting my house full of teenagers and wife up to speed and on board. Struggling there, but doing a bit better with some others in the local tribe. Life is that way sometimes.

Recently got my Technician level HAM license, but behind on that effort too. Where does the time go…

Endeavor to Persevere, and Keep Your Powder Dry.
      Atlas Shrug

DuaneH
      Participant

Welcome to ALL!

TumbleDown
      Participant

TumbleDown former USMC 0369 79-90. Currently in Qatar performing specialized quality control. I have been lurking for sometime here and elsewhere. Finally time to contribute as appropriate. In Western Washington. III. OK.

Max
      Keymaster

Hey guys,

Been following the blog and forum for a little while, was pleased to see the forum come online, and happy I finally got around to registering instead of just lurking!

A little about me

Former USMC Infantry, 2008-2012, two tours to Afghanistan’s Helmand Province, in the new Marjah (split off from Nad Ali, just outside Lashkar Gah) district. Was part of the big offensive to clear it in 2010, returned in 2011 for my last tour.

First deployment was spent clearing and back clearing the district, second deployment I was pulled from my platoon and put in HQ to run the Company Level Intel Cell, which basically got me cross trained as an analyst. At the time I hated it because I thought I was missing out on all the fun stuff, but looking back it’s helped immensely. There’s much more to counter insurgency than killing the bad guys, and that behind the scenes experience could come in handy one day.

Prior to the Corps, I was doing volunteer EMS while in high school. After coming home, I began working full time in the EMS field while waiting to go to the police academy and on occasion I teach TCCC/CLS on one of the bases in my area to USAF units.

Admittedly I haven’t done any SUT training since leaving active duty, but plan on changing that soon hopefully. I’ve been to plenty of square range and shoot house type training in and out of the Corps and various other big name providers, but as everyone here knows, it isn’t the end all be all.

Slowly but surely, I’m turning on a few coworkers and friends in LE in my area onto MVT, or at least the blog. My copy of Patriot Dawn has been passed around, and the word is spreading.

Stay safe brothers

Max
      Keymaster

Welcome Jersey0311,

I have a few Marine EOD brothers who’ve ran in the Helmand, my thanks for your service in that region, I’ve only been to RC East. Patriot Dawn is an easy read for those who are of a similar mindset, I went on TDY with a fellow NCO who kept talking about this new book he said was “a field manual wrapped in a survival story”. I laughed when he told me the title. I told him he was behind the times. Good to see someone else out there is spreading the word.

Max
      Keymaster

Welcome Jersey0311,

I have a few Marine EOD brothers who’ve ran in the Helmand, my thanks for your service in that region, I’ve only been to RC East. Patriot Dawn is an easy read for those who are of a similar mindset, I went on TDY with a fellow NCO who kept talking about this new book he said was “a field manual wrapped in a survival story”. I laughed when he told me the title. I told him he was behind the times. Good to see someone else out there is spreading the word.

The only time I was ever in RC-East was when I was flying out back to Kyrgzstan via Bagram. I heard stories about the mountains, but holy shit, those are fucking mountains alright. Kudos to you guys working up there, my clumsy self would’ve fallen off a cliff.

Max
      Keymaster

Welcome to all the FNG’s.

Geez somebody has been talking about Fight Club again??? 🙂

Max
      Keymaster

Hi Yall, I’m Saxon. I’m a 23 year old college student (history major), libertarian, die-hard capitalist, and proud Texan. I’ve never had the honor of serving in the military, but consider myself a student of warfare.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Saxon

Max
      Keymaster

Hola folks…. Just ran across this forum that other in a through link from NCRenagade.

I am a former Army Paratrooper 11B2P. I have served many different roles during my tenure in the Military. I served with some of the best and some of the worst.

I just started reading Patriot Dawn and am hooked. I have been reading the likes of Matt Braken, JWR, a guy named TJ Reeder, to name a few. There are some really well written books out there and I have been soaking them up like a sponge. There is a lot of good info out there written as fiction. Now I know not all is good info some is just good entertainment.

I have a 8 month old baby girl (I am about to turn 43 😥 ) and I swear what I see going on out in the world scares the crap out of me.. Especially what is happening here at home.

I look forward to getting to know some of you.

PAP

Jay
      Participant

Welcome NCRenagade.. congrats on the baby girl and on making it to 43! You are among friends!

Max
      Keymaster

Welcome NCRenagade.. congrats on the baby girl and on making it to 43! You are among friends!

Thanks Jay.. but I am not NCRenagade… He is blogger here in NC… :good:

Thank you none the less…

PAP

rampantraptor
      Participant

Hello, newbie here. Baltimoron, born and raised, stuck here for the past 26 years, still haven’t managed my great escape yet.

Seems like mostly vets here. No real military experience on my end, except for a year in Army ROTC when I was still in college. (At the very least, I’m no stranger to STX lanes.) Spent three years after that trying to enlist and getting screwed around by recruiters before finally getting PDQ’ed and denied a waiver for a lazy eye. (Lucky me, two weeks after my recruiter sent my waiver request to the NGB, the sequester hit. :wacko: ) Nowadays I’m just stuck at a convenience store making fried chicken, so nothing to brag about there. :/

Found the blog from finding Max’s book on Amazon (thanks for the free download weekend for Patriot Dawn, btw), kept checking it here and there because I found the subject matter interesting, finally figured I should create a forum account so I can chime in on the chatter.

I’m mostly a politics and military history nerd (also computers, science, literature, but that’s outside the scope of this forum), my firearms experience is basically dry-firing and disassembling the Mosin I still haven’t shot yet and crawling around in the woods shouting “bang bang” with a rubber duck M-4.

Not seriously expecting the Second American Revolution any time soon (though I do bite when cornered), my interest is more like “If Katrina hit Baltimore, how boned would I be?”

Finally caved in and bought Contact, seems nice from what I gleaned so far, but I still have For Whom The Bell Tolls by Hemingway and To Shake Their Guns in the Tyrant’s Face by Robert Churchill to grind through first before I read Max’s book.

Hope that isn’t too much for an intro, I do tend to be a bit wordy. 😛

r-p
      Participant

Hello everyone. I have been a follower of Max’s blog for a couple of years now and have been following this forum since its beginning. I finally got around to joining yesterday.
      I have read both Contact! and Patriot Dawn and hope to make it up to WV one day hopefully sooner rather than later.
      Lots of great info and dialogue here from a bunch of like minded people.

Max
      Keymaster

Hello Everyone.
      I am a RET US Army 1SG, with 22 yrs of service. 10 of them assigned to Fort Bragg, NC with numerous deployments. My back ground is Combat Engineer, Sapper, Ranger, Jumpmaster, and Jungle Warfare school grad along with some other courses. I did do some private security time. In 2009, I had a very bad motorcycle accident that changed my way of thinking and walked away from this way of life. Now with everything going on in the world. I have decided it is time for me to get back into the game and get my mind and body back into shape. I was turn onto this site by a coworker that is a prepper. I am currently living in AZ. Once I get back into shape I plan on taking every course that Max has to offer. I know and need the refresher courses and need to update my kit. I have not read any of Max’s books yet!

Corvette
      Participant

Welcome sapper.

Corvette
      Participant

Hello all,
      Usually just lurk on here to learn a thing or two but decided to finally formally jump on after reading Coyote 223 topic on people’s lack of commitment to train. I thought I was the only one.
      Background… 37 years old no mil experience… living in Nazi Germany with sunshine aka Los Angeles CA. I usually don’t do the message board thing because they are usually filled with people who are know it all one uppers..but from what I’ve seen there is a solid humble group who’s head and hearts seem to be in the right place. I’m looking forward to conversing with you guys and furthering my limited education on these matters.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome to all!

Max
      Keymaster

5-56BodyBoarder, glad to see another SoCal guy on board. WastedSkin is another.

D Close

Hey 5-56, Sapper, r-p, and rampant raptor, welcome! There is always something to do better and you’ve come to the right place to learn. If you can borrow or buy “Contact!”, it’ll put you on solid foundation. Many of us don’t know what we don’t know, so to speak. We have subject matter experts (SMEs) on here who will put out the tactical “best way”. Guide off of that. Please don’t hesitate to ask questions! Hope to see you at training at Max’s place soon.

Corvette
      Participant

Nice … whereabouts? I’m on the NW peripherary of LA County. ..in the San Fernando Valley.

Corvette
      Participant

Thank you for the warm.welcome D close… I actually have the original and revised copies… read the first and looking forward to checking out the revised. I swear…that book is a Godsend for those of us without real world experience. It is great info that is put in a format that is easily digested. I’m possibly going to be moving to Atlanta in the future for work… part of my motivation is that I’d be able to make the drive up to MVT for classes.

Corvette
      Participant

Hello,

I post in the blog as Stinger.

I’m an Artificial Intelligence Engineer (with a Masters in Electrical Engineering). Sounds like more than it is; i’m young and have a lot to learn, but do have a decent amount of experience in the field.

My passion is computer systems, networking, communication, and security / privacy. My thesis is being written currently on detection of a specialized encryption method that could be used in military type (or SHTF) communications. My hope is to continue this research and develop a proprietary radio system using this method of encryption which will make communication largely undetectable by good Patriots such as ourselves in the event of SHTF. This will be short range communication. I’ll publish if I have the chance to get something together.

I used to shoot weekly, but haven’t had the time recently with school and work. Need to get back into it.

All for now,
      Stinger

Max
      Keymaster

Hello,

I post on the blog as Disciple of Night (hence the username), but my name is Taylor. I’m 25 years old. I’m a writer and historian. My passion for firearms is two fold: they are historically significant and valuable tools.

I have no military experience. I was unable to serve due to childhood arthritis that plagued me for ten years. Over the last four years, I’ve dropped a good 70 pounds and have made great improvements in my martial skills. Losing that much weight and taking up regular exercise was a liberating experience and it allowed me to endure some very valuable training at Tactical Response. Physical fitness is still the most difficult aspect of my skill set. My goal right now is to cut my body fat in half and get stronger.

I’ve been following Max for a few years now. Figured it was time I joined the forum and partook in the conversation. I hope that we never have to use the skills we’re acquiring, but as a historian, I can’t ignore the possibility.

I only collect three things: firearms, books, and manual typewriters.

D Close

D.O.N., welcome to the forum! These skills may one day save your own life and many others. I look forward to meeting you in person at an MVT class some time.

Max
      Keymaster

D.O.N., welcome to the forum! These skills may one day save your own life and many others. I look forward to meeting you in person at an MVT class some time.

Thanks! I’m considering a trip to Max’s place as a graduation present. I’ll keep you posted!

Max
      Keymaster

Howdy, Rikki here.

3.5 years of ROTC (Vertigo ended my dream of getting to SF selection)
      more than one degree,3 high level Infosec Certifications,Gen class Ham
      20 hours official single engine time, 103 hours unofficial twin turbine time
      Tactical Medicine trained, 4 years Kenpo More years American combatives, Taekwondo, and Krav.

I am currently in the Information Security and Risk Assessment field, doing everything from firewalls to working undercover as an employee for client firms and doing physical penetration testing for mid sized companies in the midwest. My business card should say ” Hello my name is Rikki, I steal shit and get bad people fired for money”

I’m here to learn from everyone in order to help save Western Civilization and culture from its enemies.

ffhounddog
      Participant

Forgot the intro so pushed for a but and now let me throw it out there;

Read the books. good stuff. Need to take a few classes soon since my small unit stuff ended and I am now a Staffer.

Sitting on the State Joint staff right now at state headquarters. Not doing much since I just left the Division to get promoted (actually to get rid of me but that is a longer story) 4 deployments to the Sand pit. Two when I was Active Duty Air Force one as a AMLO (Air Mobility Liason Officer) the other running convoys for part and the other part PSD team chief. I was a Navigator on KC135’s and then got stuck on the ground. I did go to Air Force Logistics school because it was free TDY money and San Antonio has good food. I left after 7 years and 11 months later joined the Army Guard. They took anybody. Told me I could be with a Intel or Log guy. I hate being a talking head and went to Captans Carrer Course to be a Log Officer Graduated and got sent out as a MiTT team chief to to Iraqi National police in Anbar province only lasted 7 months. two years later did my last tour to Iraq, MiTT Logistics Liason to INP, ended up going on Raids with them and doing stupud stuff. Found out it sucks to be the only one with any training in first aid. Was sent home 6 months later due to finding out my wife was having fun on a Eurpean Vacation, stuck at fort Polk for 60 days to make sure I was not going to harm her. Army never wanting a resource not to be doing anything told me I was going to be training non Army types on the short range marksmenship range basically makeing sure they can run their weapons under stress. Now someone that they are trying to see if they are a harm to themselves or others would you have him carrying a M4 and M9 5 days a week. I did like getting to shoot as much as I wanted too at the time. Then I went home demobilized and went to my day job and to my Russian Wolfhound and Collie. I have a seconday MOS but never served in the field I have am Funtional Areaed in contracting. I was asked to go to Electronic warfare shool so might do that if the stars tell me too.

Now What do I do full time, I work for the government doing risk assesments that are never taken seriously due to it might make people scared. I also manage the contracts.

I love camping, hiking, BBQing, and swiming. I got married again to a cop that is more paranoid than I am but does not like to think about it. I hate being on the computer 24/7. I like spending time with my wife, two dogs, and two cats. Hopefully we have a little one or two soon. We are trying.

I hate scarey movies. I really hate them. WTF is up with that crap. Really why do people watch that crap. Talking Dragons with a Dog’s head in the Never Ending Story, that movie should be rated R. It is screy.

Wrote a short story it seems so rock on and Party!

Where’s the Scotch…

Corvette
      Participant

Refreshing and honest intros from the Newbies!

Brothers, a very hearty and sincere welcome to all of you!!

D Close

Rikki and ffhounddog welcome aboard!

benny5
      Participant

Hello and thanks for such a great forum. I am active Army at the moment deployed to Afghanistan. I dont remember how I discovered Max’s blog but I was hooked from the start and am in the process of finishing his books. I initially joined to view all the cool gear photos but had the urge to post. Just wanted to say hello and thanks. The forum discussions, blog posts, and Max’s books (of course) give me a lot of food for thought to help me stay alive, but also to teach others as I find myself doing from time to time.
      Take good care,
      Benny

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome benny5, stay safe!

Corvette
      Participant

Hi all, I’ve been lurking here for about 6 months. 40 yrs old, no military experience. Have been a recreational shooter since childhood, used to compete service rifle highpower and f/tr class. Have lived in Alaska for 15 years, married for 12. Three young daughters, the oldest of which was born disabled. As a clan, we would be pretty much combat ineffective, but I still do what I can to be educated and equipped to maintain our security. Thank you all for what you contribute here.

Max
      Keymaster

Hello All. John here with no military experience but trying to learn as much as I can. Former ICU nurse now just working on raising 3 boys and rebuilding my body, learning skills and getting prepared. I’ve had a few difficulties health wise (hips replaced, heart failure, kidney failure) but stopped feeling like I could just buy stuff that I couldn’t afford after reading Mosby write about PT and all his injuries. Since then I’ve been blessed to have the heart and kidneys issues resolve and I’ve been working really hard getting fit and learning skills. Even started taking Gracie Combatives (jiu-jitsu) with the family. Scheduled to join Max in WV in March for CRCD.
      Trying to soak up as much info as fast as I can so I apologize in advance if I ask too many questions. Trying to prepare the family for what I see coming. I wish I had a cool german shepard picture to post but somehow got stuck with a giant rabbit as a pet. I don’t know how I got talked into that one.

Corvette
      Participant

AK Grey and John.

A very hearty welcome to both of you. :bye:

jason
      Participant

Checking in from the Old Dominion. I attended army air defense artilery school for stinger missiles, served in that capacity in gulf one, US Navy Hospital Corpsman, Coast Guard Gunners Mate and Firearms Instructor, contract weapons instructor for the USMC fielding the new TOW Saber system to all the Anti-Armor platoons as an instructor trainer. I went on the 5 dec run with Max on the battlefield.

It is a balm for my soul that men such as you all are my countrymen.

Corvette
      Participant

Jason, great to have you on here! :bye:

D Close

Hello Jason! SE Virginia here. Great to have you on board! Semper paratus.

jason
      Participant

Mvfmoderator, d close thanks for the welcome. As times seem to be getting very serious I’m glad to have come across a forum of serious minded patriots.

Einherjar
      Participant

I live up here on the Northern Colorado plains with my wife and kids.

I’m your bog standard prepper, bushcrafter, 3per, Patriot and ham radio nut. I’m a bit of a wiz at building electronic and wireless gizmos.

I did two hitches with the “Black Boot Army” in the late 80s and early 90s (Mechanized Infantry, mostly in West Germany). No, I didn’t get deployed for DS.

From the looks of it, I seem to have fallen in with a good crew here. Thanks for letting me participate.

<0

Einherjar

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Einherjar.

A lot of good people and information here. :yes:

Max
      Keymaster

Mark here,

out of SE Portland Oregon. Land of the stinking hipsters. I have been wanting to get back into training. I haven’t seen too many groups out here but have been to a few oath keeper meetings. Honestly haven’t looked much either. I would really like to find a group of guys to get out and actually train, not just drive up to the woods and shoot at targets from the back of my truck.

as far as this forum goes I have been lurking for a while, read a lot of stuff. and figured this would be a good time to introduce myself.

I wont go into my background but I have been around the block and world a few times. 14 years USMC. Would be willing to get together with a few other people on here over a beer.

Corvette
      Participant

Good to see you to here Mark!
      Even though I am Army, always enjoyed my time with marines 😀

Max
      Keymaster

Another Mark here.
      From the land off the free -> Az.

former 11B in younger days.

Corvette
      Participant

Willtown:
      A very cordial welcome to you as our first New Guy of 2015 ! :yes:

Pinky
      Participant

Jon here…quick intro and hello to all. Located west of Richmond, VA.

Been through the CRCD, Patrol, CTT classes with a few of you guys.

Hit me up if in the area.

whitebear620
      Participant

Hi guys!
      Been lurking and reading here for a couple of months and figured I should finally poke my head up. My background:
      Recently went from National Guard to inactive reserve, served as a 68W (medic) in a field hospital unit. Currently work as a glorified clerk for my county.
      Will be buying my copy of Max’s book next paycheck, as I would like to support Max and everyone else in what they do, but I’m to poor right now to attend a class. Thanks guys!

Corvette
      Participant

Whitebear and Jon a very hearty welcome to both of you!

Pull over a chair and a drink :yes:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Pinky and whitebear620!

Good deal Pinky on attending CRCD, Patrol, and CTT classes.

…I’m to poor right now to attend a class.

whitebear620 there is much that can be done that’s free in the meantime!

Again welcome.

Max
      Keymaster

I am a son of the south and just a good old boy who woke up one day and noticed that things are changing and I need to get prepared.

Jay
      Participant

Welcome brother… southern boy here too.

Corvette
      Participant

CK and Jay:
      Glad to have you both onboard!
      Pull over a chair! 😀

Max
      Keymaster

Howdy,

I’m finishing up an EMT-P program in Texas (paramedic). I finished a 600 hour POST program (Peace Officer Standards Training) through a Missouri State Highway Patrol class in January 2013, but couldn’t find work after my program.

Eventually I hope to find a way to use medic to get into LE.

In my personal weapon-handling skills, I consider myself competent with a handgun, less competent with rifles for lack of practice.

I’ve not been through any MVT courses, but I think there’s a great philosophy of practicality here.

Andrew
      Participant

Howdy to you from the border in SW Texas. What part of the state are you in?

Max
      Keymaster

I’m in College Station. An hour West of Houston, two hours East of Austin. Nice to hear from you, Andrew.

Corvette
      Participant

AlleyF welcome to your new “home away from home” :yes:

I been thru the response course at the huge College Station disaster facility.
      Have you dont that one yet?

Max
      Keymaster

Hello from NW Houston.
      Jason here. I have read PD and am working on Contact!.
      No military experience. I am planning on taking CTT with rifle skills in the Spring of 2016 and bringing my wife along.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome jdiesel.

Good stuff.

D Close

Hey Jason, welcome! Sounds like a good plan. I will drop you a line next time I’m down that way. I get to Houston every now and then.

Max
      Keymaster

Thanks for the encouraging words. You have a good community going here. I am looking forward to getting more involved. D Close – drop me that line anytime. J

Max
      Keymaster

hello all
      This is JB from the front range in Colorado. I’ve been reading the freefor sites for some time now and doing my best to prepare appropriately. I have no military experience. I am in the medical field x 12 years. My goal coming here is to find tactical training in my area.

Corvette
      Participant

Stumpknocker.

Great to have you!!!
      When it comes to training you may have to travel a bit for the “good stuff” 😉

sbrgirl
      Participant

Greetings Stumpknocker,
      There are some “friendlies” in the Denver/Boulder/Front Range area, and I believe some of the guys have done some informal training locally. You might try posting something in the “Local Meeting Spot” section of the forum to see if there’s anything planned.

If not, we have been training at a recently-opened square range, and have met an instructor there who teaches tactical classes at an outdoor facility. While I doubt it’s equivalent to a MVT class, it is a chance to do some local training until you can get to W VA.

Max
      Keymaster

thanks for replying, will do with the local meet.

Max
      Keymaster

Hi guys. I joined the site back when it started, then life happened (new baby, new business, moving, etc) so I thought I’d say hi again. Curious if anyone is in the Blue Ridge Mountains or close by.

Corvette
      Participant

Hi guys. I joined the site back when it started, then life happened (new baby, new business, moving, etc) so I thought I’d say hi again. Curious if anyone is in the Blue Ridge Mountains or close by.

Tyr, (re) welcome to pour community!!!

I do believe we have a couple folks in the Blue ridge mountain area.

Cheers,

F.. :bye:

Max
      Keymaster

Thanks for the re-welcome! Sure would be nice to meet some locals. Also hope to come out to a class now that things have settled down a bit.

Pinky
      Participant

I am just west of Richmond, about an hour east of Charlottesville. Where are you roughly.

Max
      Keymaster

I’m in western NC, a good 5 hours away.

Jay
      Participant

Hi Tyr… I live in Central Florida but we have a cabin outside of Highlands.. here for a few days then back a few more times. If you are near Highlands, let me know.

Max
      Keymaster

Hi Jay. Not too far, about an hour and a half.

Jay
      Participant

Be here till Sunday. Back for a few weeks in August. Would like to get together then. Can get in touch with me through email or phone. jmatterhorn@me.com and I’ll send you my cell phone.

Wild Bill
      Participant

Military brat did a stint with the Air Force right out of high school 67-71 so the handle Old Snake fits. Have been watching the social and economic collapse for years and decided to get away from the big city years ago and move to the mountains of western North Carolina. History, Political Science nerd and avid book reader, prepper, always had a fascination with surviving the end of the world genera of books since I was a teenager. During one of my many prepper-ordering materials on Amazon, I came across Max’s “Patriot Dawn” book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only problem was I didn’t understand some of the tactical parts of the book – well really most of the tactical parts.

Well not wanting to admit I was lost I ordered “Contact” hoping to get a better handle on what Max was writing about – read it got a better idea went back and read “Patriot Dawn” again which then made more since. Well I still had questions so re-read “Contact” then re-read Patriot Dawn” and the story started to come alive I could picture in my head what was happening – things were starting to make much better since. Still having questions I am re-reading “Contact” again for the third time, it seems each time I find more I seem to have previously missed, and more makes sense.

During the reading of these books I found Max’s website and have been an avid lurker trying to absorb as much information from those that have learned and lived some of the lessons Max is trying to pass along. Decided to take the first Land Nav. Class to learn, meet Max and others see what the MVT facility was like and to see how bad my physical fitness had become. Learned a lot, Max is the real deal, the facility fantastic and my physical fitness sucked to say the least.

Well since then I have been working on my PT (gym and TABing) and am slowly seeing improvement because I will not be “that guy” that drags down the next class I take at MVT.

Max
      Keymaster

Welcome Old Snake.

On your next class, you will get the “light bulb” moment when it comes to tactics. It isn’t until you actually do it, that one sees that the simplest things to do in life, are not so easy in a threat situation.

Classic internet commando’s think in this way. “Shoot, move, communicate. I got that. Simple. I saw a video, I read a few FM’s. I got this.”

It is simple. But he doesn’t have it. And he never will, because he never get’s to a class and expiriences how wrong he is about “shoot, move communicate” because it is not so intuitive.

D Close

OldSnake, welcome and congrats on actually taking a MVT class. I admire your dedication to learning the concepts presented in Patriot Dawn. I know many don’t make the intellectual connections between that book and Contact! I do like that C.S. Lewis quote too. Terribly true…

Wild Bill
      Participant

Thanks. If you saw “The Patriot” with Mel Gibson you will know the other quote I like about trading one tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants one mile away — and did we ever!

Wild Bill
      Participant

John, that moment when the book and the doing clicks together is what I want, but it is illusive and must be continually strived for I see multiple classes in my future.

PaulV
      Participant

Hi all. I’ve been an avid reader of the MVT site for quite some time now. I finally pulled the proverbial trigger and booked my first round of MVT training (CTT Nov 6-8, NODF Nov 6). I figured I’d join the forums and introduce myself while I’m at it. I’m 41, married with children and live in Central Ohio. I was USMC 0311 in early 90’s Got out in ’95. Have been a RATIONALIST since before Max articulated it, and for as long as I can remember. I was extremely excited to learn Max was out there offering a style of training that was worth my time and money. I’ve spent the last year getting back into fighting shape and re-awakening my warrior spirit while getting ready for this class.

gramma
      Participant

Just so y’all don’t think I’m just a lurker…

Gramma here, more interested in logistics and comms & support. The auxiliary, if you will. In the process of securing a second location in Pendleton, Co. WV that looks like something I can work with, after having lived in Hardy during the 90s. It’s now suffering from an invasion of the PRoPPressive persuasion, so I went south & more remote. I hope I went south, far enough.

I ran across the site, when someone posted Max’s Rightful Liberty essay elsewhere. I have a broad, but not very deep skillset – and even at this age, can learn quickly. Just not too sure I could keep up, playing in the woods with you guys right now. That will be another project – just to be ready to do that.

Been living as self-reliant as possible since the 70s and have done a lot of stuff, in various “former lives”. I’ve been filling gaps in my skillsets – like my HAM ticket (general) and CCW. Have some basic martial arts training, as well.

I survived have 4 teenagers at home, 3 of driving age at the same time. LOL. 😉

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome PaulV and gramma!

Lot’s of good info here, don’t forget to check older Threads too.

PaulV keep up the effort on PT, it’s always a good thing.

Just not too sure I could keep up, playing in the woods with you guys right now.

Gramma there is plenty of roles available for Auxiliary people, only you know your situation, but remember Max has recently added Civilian Close Combat (C3) for those looking for more home defense training. Might be a good option as well.

Again Welcome to the Forum.

Max
      Keymaster

Good Day, Last night I posted on “The Local Meeting Spot” I guess I should have posted here as well. Initially, my user name was my name, then I changed it to my email moniker. This morning, I decided to re-instate my operational handle “Dirtman”. This from last night: “Good evening all, mddevildog here. Not alumni and not young, Viet Nam era combat Marine and retired LEO. I’ve been lurking here for some time now, but I can’t remember how I got here to begin with. In the southern md area, been preparing, and looking for like minded to meet with on occasion. Not looking for a family, but I am looking for those interested in being prepared, for interaction and whatever may come from that. I’m probably, depending on traffic, 50 or so minutes from the Arlington/Alexandria corridor. I’m considering attending one of the courses Max provides, for much needed refresher and trigger time. I look forward to meeting some of you.” Stay Safe

gramma
      Participant

Thanks G.W.N.S!
      I’m a bit overwhelmed at the moment – getting things wrapped up on WV property & trying to get caught up, here in NC. Still have to get my HAM handheld programmed and get started with my guys here – special events & emergency communications.

A month or two from now, I can think about starting something new. Been trying to get some big things off my list first. I’ll check out the close combat description though. Good to have more on the list to check off!

Socks
      Participant

Hello all? Daniel from Michigan here. Just a young homeschooled civilian that has been lurking on the forums for about a year now and just finally got back from my first MVT class. Apparently I have to go by the name “Socks” on the forum cause 1st Sergeant said so….

For the those of you out there that haven’t taken a class with Max yet let me just say that the training was incredible and so were all the people I met.

Looking forward to continuing my training and networking with everyone here!

Corvette
      Participant

Socks, gamma and Dirtman a very heart welcome!!!! :yes:

Socks
      Participant

thanks! incidentally I loved the lecture you gave Sunday morning, very informative and well reasoned :good:

Corvette
      Participant

thanks! incidentally I loved the lecture you gave Sunday morning, very informative and well reasoned :good:

Thank you for the kind words!
      You guys seemed like a good class :good:

Don’t forget to write your review :yes:

First Sergeant

Apparently I have to go by the name “Socks” on the forum cause 1st Sergeant said so….

LOL.

Daniel, welcome to the forum. At least you wont have bright white shoot me targets on your ankles.

FILO
      Signal Out, Can You Identify
      Je ne regrette rien
      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

ffhounddog
      Participant

Daniel it was Great meeting you.

Still working on the AAR.

Guy with too many names…Rich, Scott, That Guy…

toomad2309
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Just signed up to get a good feel for the gear I am going to want/need for MVT this spring. No relevant experience, I was in the Air Force and I am now a software engineer. Hadn’t fired an AR since basic over 16 years ago. Just bought my own AR last week and I am going to make damn sure I can use it right.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome toomad2309!

Plenty of great information here, if you can’t find what your looking for just ask.

Max
      Keymaster

28 year Army Veteran (Canadian Army). Bosnia, Kosovo, Kandahar. Infantry then Intelligence Branch. Rose thru ranks to Master Warrant Officer (Company Sgt Major equivalent) took commission to Capt for final few years. Reside in Alberta… Hunt, fish, prep……. Never, ever too old to learn…

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome cdnvet0506.

Never, ever too old to learn…

:good:

Plenty of good information here, don’t forget the older posts.

Max
      Keymaster

Welcome to the MVT Forum cdnvet0506.

I’m sure you have a lot to offer us as well, with an infantry and intel background. This summer I got to run a C7A2 and I must say I like what Canada has done with America’s rifle…

Max
      Keymaster

This summer I got to run a C7A2 and I must say I like what Canada has done with America’s rifle…

Carried the C8A2 HB in Kandahar (our M4 version). For what I did, worked better than C7… Of course I joined the army in the mid-80’s – the era of the FNC1… now THAT was a rifle… :yes:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Considering the new subscription format an update on who is joining in on this next step for the MVT Forum seems in order.

If new introduce yourselves, otherwise a quick shout to say your here. :good:

PaulV
      Participant

I’m still here. Too much shared knowledge/experience on these forums to let $25 get in the way.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…to let $25 get in the way.

This has been the best forum I’ve known and I expect it will get even better.

wildbill
      Participant

The knowledge to be gained is worth the price of admission … and then some! :yes:

Aerohawk
      Participant

Hi guys.

I have been reading the forums for the last couple months when posting was limited to alumni. I am looking forward to learning from everyone and attending one of Max’s classes in the near future.

A little about me, I am a aircraft mechanic/ pilot. I did 4 years in the navy, and have done 15 deployments over the last 8 years as a contractor every from Afghanistan to Africa. I currently live in the Texas panhandle.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Aerohawk!

It’s a mute point now, but the Alumni sub-forum was the only section you had to be an Alumni.

As I have stated before I think you’ll find the quality here to be way above average.

Again welcome.

RotorHead
      Participant

I’ve been on the forum since the beginning, but don’t post that much.

Navy. Door gunner in Nam with HAL-3, 67-68. Naval Aviator retired in 1994. Survived being shot down twice (Nam and Beirut) and shot once, but still kicking. Not a jock, but made it through CRCD and CTT. Enjoying life in the mountains of Va.

Corvette
      Participant

Greetings
      My first post.
      My name is Chris, I just took the Defensive Handgun Class last weekend. I also just joined the forum, have been following the blog for years and have read Contact, Patriot Dawn, and Patriot Rising.

Usmc 1990-1994, motor T

Am located in South East NC, Wilmington area.

KM4PTA

zeerf
      Participant

Also my first post here,
      My name is Bryan and also just took the Defensive Handgun Class last weekend. (Thanks again Chris for loaning the holster I have one on order now 🙂 )

I am finishing up Contact now, and will dig into Patriot books next. Currently studying for the Technician license for ham Radio and hope to pass the test in September. My next class I am currently stocking ammo and gearing up for will be the CTT rifle day.

I am located in Richmond VA area and have only been here for just over a year. Before this I lived in NC Asheville growing up and Charlotte.

Former US Army 63TH820 1995-2001 (the good old days).

Corvette
      Participant

Gentleman.. Welcome

Greetings from Alaska.

Bergmann

Pinky
      Participant

Welcome all. Bryan from Richmond- where are you roughly? I am in Powhatan

zeerf
      Participant

Pinky,

Looks like we are close. Henrico area. Also missed this post as I had not subscribed yet…fixed that now.

Vidar
      Participant

Hey everyone,

I’m new here. I go by Vidar. Currently residing west of Morgantown,Wv. I come from a reconnaissance infantryman background. If you want to know more just ask. I was referred to these forums by my buddy bergmann.

Corvette
      Participant

Hey everyone,

I’m new here. I go by Vidar. Currently residing west of Morgantown,Wv. I come from a reconnaissance infantryman background. If you want to know more just ask. I was referred to these forums by my buddy bergmann.

Darth Vader!

Super good you took my advice.. This place is the best deal in town, hands down. Its also good to see a familiar ‘face’. I know you’re a productive internet type guy and will fit in fine here.

Damn glad you came, youngster.!

Bergmann

zeerf
      Participant

Welcome Vidar

TC
      Participant

Hi, glad to be joining you all. Name’s Tom, age 35, in Florida, civie with engineering background. I’m not new to preparedness but Max’s stuff is on a whole other level. His books and your alumni discussions have really opened my eyes to the necessity and feasibility of SUT, combat fitness, proper mindset etc. I’ll be attending my first round of MVT classes in 2017.

Corvette
      Participant

welcome.

greetings from Alaska

Bergmann

Jay
      Participant

Nice to have a fellow Floridian here. Max’s training is invaluable and fun.

Jay

zeerf
      Participant

Welcome TC,

D Close

Welcome aboard TC!

wparkinson4
      Participant

Hello all… just a brief REintroduction.. Was on the forum before it went private under an assumed name. Now running in the clear.. Screw it.. Probably on too many lists to count anyway…whats one more.

Prior service paratrooper with the 82nd as an 11B2P. Got out Aug. 30 of 2001. I currently work on my in laws farm here in Eastern NC. My good friend was able to make it up to a couple of classes and had great things to say about you guys..!! I wish could make it up… but you name the excuse and I probably fall into one of them… and now with the new ACA (Obummercare) prices I probably won’t be able to make it up in 2017 either. I do have my own range here so I can at least shoot when I want to.

I have enjoyed ALL of Max’s books and look forward to more. I hope to be able to glean some good info from here to better myself.

I will for sure be in the Comms room…. I got my General Ticket last year because I think Comms is and will be KEY in any future event. I was motivated by AMRRON and John Jacob Schmidt over there.

I look forward to the discussion….

Take Care
      Wynn
      KM4OZX

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome wparkinson4!

D Close

Wynn, will look for you on the AMRRON nets this week…welcome back and as I am not too far, Norfolk, we are neighbors.

zeerf
      Participant

Welcome Wynn,

Also neighbors, but a bit farther after my relo to RVA area. Used to call Asheville/Charlotte NC home. Looking forward to my general test next weekend. Now I just need to get clearance for some better comms gear (one of these days). Hope you can make it out to a class sooner than later but none the less glad to have you on the forums.

-Bryan

wparkinson4
      Participant

Wynn, will look for you on the AMRRON nets this week…welcome back and as I am not too far, Norfolk, we are neighbors.

D close…. I am not able to get on the nets much since I am responsible for my 3yo’s bedtime and lack of good 80m antenna. I am working on the antenna issue but the 3 yo is a bit of a night owl….

Welcome Wynn,

Also neighbors, but a bit farther after my relo to RVA area. Used to call Asheville/Charlotte NC home. Looking forward to my general test next weekend. Now I just need to get clearance for some better comms gear (one of these days). Hope you can make it out to a class sooner than later but none the less glad to have you on the forums.

-Bryan

Bryan, you will be happy you upgraded!! I am trying to study for my extra but its going slow. I am still trying to convince Chris to do the same…. 🙂

WP4

SeanT
      Keymaster

Welcome KM4OZX de KI4SPW

Phe
      Participant

Hello,
      I’m looking forward to engaging and learning with you guys about fieldcraft; and refining (lightning) my equipment choices.
      I have a background in outdoor pursuits instruction here in Ireland. I always love picking up an old skool/new tip that saves me: time, money, and weight; as well as passing on the odd tip.
      Moreover, talking to you guys gives the wife a break from my ramblings.
      Regards
      Phe
      Co Armagh
      Ireland

zeerf
      Participant

Welcome Phe :good:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome to the Forum Phe.

djbeek
      Participant

Gentlemen,
      New to the forum. Enrolled in the Combat life saver and CRS class in Idaho next month and am really looking forward to it. Living in Salmon, Idaho. Was in the Corps, 77-81 as an 1811 (tanker) and ANG (91-94) antiaircraft battalion so never really got any SUT training other than every Marine is a rifleman. I’m glad Max started the branch out here in the mountain west or I probably would not have been able to attend. Will Max be at the classes in Idaho? Really hoping to meet him. Been working in the medical field for almost 30 years (laboratory) which gets me some exposure to trauma, but the only gun shot victim in the last few years took a .40 to the clavicle and was DOA even though they worked on him for 30 minutes. Getting grey in the beard but PT’ing my ass off in the hopes of still running and gunning with the young’uns.

Semper fi.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome to the Forum Djbeek.

As you have time don’t forget to check out the older threads, there are lots of good information available.

No such thing as a dead Thread here, feel free to comment or ask questions on any content.

Will Max be at the classes in Idaho?

I haven’t heard anything different, so yes he’ll be there.

Again welcome.

Virgil Kane
      Participant

Sorry for the late introduction. I’m a 49yo registered PE civil engineer in north GA. No military. I just have a desire to be prepared. I learned about MVT from Concerned American at a FTF in 2015 and just dicked around on signing up for a class. I’m registered for the GA class in October.

I doubt I will have much to offer this forum, unless you have a hydrology issue or need a septic system designed. I’m here to learn and I’ve already picked up a lot of good knowledge and I appreciate it.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I doubt I will have much to offer this forum…

Don’t sell yourself short, remember we’re not just about SUT on the forum, but community. Think of the different skills and knowledge you have that could be helpful “Post-Event.”

One of the great things about having Guard and Reserve personnel assigned in GWOT was the skills their normal job brought with them. Always made sure the Force Protection personnel got lists of these skills for contingency use.

One example: we had some guys that we qualified Collapsed Structure SAR qualified. Obviously knowing this was helpful i the event of say the BDOC taking a catastrophic hit. In such an emergency this civilian skills would be worth more than their MOS.

Know anything about Ponds?

How about checking water quality?

Improvised Dams?

Thoughts on maintaining a Septic system “Post-Event” maybe?

Think outside the box and I bet you can come up with some useful information.

Here’s your official welcome! 😉

TyeMugz
      Participant

I just found this thread. I’ve been a member for a little while, mostly just a reader, not much of a poster.

My name is Tyrell. I live in Blackfoot, ID. I got out of the Army a year and a half ago. My MOS was 89D, EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Technician. I was in almost 7 years. One Iraq and one Afghanistan deployment.

I’ve been into prepping, survival, and emergency prepardness since I was a Boy Scout. The community of like-minded people and the wealth of knowledge on this forum is worth far more than the $25 entry fee.

I’ve enrolled in the Rifle Skills/CCT course in Idaho next month. Pretty excited for the training and meeting like-minded people.

Thanks for everything.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Tyrell.

As you have time don’t forget to check out the older threads, there are lots of good information available.

No such thing as a dead Thread here, feel free to comment or ask questions on any content.

zeerf
      Participant

Welcome Tyrell :good:

Corvette
      Participant

Greetings and salutations. I’m currently AD AF stationed in LA (the State, not the city in the People’s Republic of Kalifornia) and have followed Max on Western Rifle Shooters and his own blog for some time, as well as having read his Patriot books and Contact. I have yet to take one of his classes but I have relied on my excuse of a lovely bride and our five kids for too long…here’s to an MVT class in 2017/18 (for both of us!).

Looking forward to some good discussion, great learning, and some fun now-and-again.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome 5Solas.

Looking forward to some good discussion, great learning, and some fun now-and-again.

Plenty of that here and I encourage you to examine the older Threads as time permits, the Forum is filled with great information.

Just so you know we don’t have any problems with Posts on old Threads, there is no such thing as a dead Thread here at MVT.

Again welcome. :good:

D Close

Welcome aboard 5Solas! Hope to see you at a class this year.

zeerf
      Participant

Welcome aboard 5Solas.

wheelsee
      Participant

Come see us in TX…..depending upon what part of LA, Hwy 84 will get you through ETX then drop south west of 35

Max does a Feb/Mar class with excellence (my only exposure). The accommodations are comfortable and onsite. The rest I’ll leave to your reading of reviews :mail:

Corvette
      Participant

@g-w-n-s, @zeerf, and @Wheelsee, thanks for the welcomes. I’ll be sure to check out the old forums, though I’ll do my best not to be a thread necromancer. 🙂

I’ll take a look at the TX class(es)…that might be the way to go!

Incipient
      Participant

Hello all. FNG checking in. Not former military, but spent 4.5 years in the Middle East working as a contractor (firefighter). Been shooting for a long while and have taken a handful of square range pistol/rifle classes, but am looking to take my training to the next level. I picked up Contact! a while back and signed up for Combat Team Tactics in October 2017. Working my way through the book now and trying to absorb as much as I can here on the forums as well. Looking forward to meeting some of you all down the line. :good:

wildbill
      Participant

Welcome to the forum great to have you join us! Reading Contact is a good start and will make more sense after CTT.

zeerf
      Participant

Welcome aboard incipient, tons of great info in the forums.

Joe does a great job bumping allot of the gold mines but plenty to read over and absorb for sure.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Incipient!

Remember there is no such thing as a dead Thread here at MVT. Feel free to make any comments or questions you have.

wayfarer
      Participant

Greetings all. New to the forum, I’m scheduled for the Rifle Skills and CTT at MVT in October. Cold War era (where did the time go?) 19D (Cav Scout) with time in infantry and armor battalions. Been a long time since I’ve done SUT, but have stayed active in shooting and outdoors (hiking, camping, hunting, etc).

Looking forward to learning from Max and everyone here.

Tim

wildbill
      Participant

@wayfarer welcome to the forum glad to have you join us, know you will enjoy RS & CTT.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Wayfarer!

zeerf
      Participant

welcome wayfarer

Incipient
      Participant

Thanks for the welcome, all. I generally have about 10 tabs open on my browser to various posts (thanks Joe) that are full of great knowledge. I tend to read more than I post so I won’t be bumping too many myself.

Welcome, Wayfarer – see you at CTT in October!

wayfarer
      Participant

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen. @incipient, see you there.

idahocajun
      Participant

Greetings MVT forum! Been on here a year, but trying to be more active as of late. I’m a 36 y.o. dual boarded Emergency Medicine/Pediatrics doctor in Boise, ID. Been a prepper since I married @Rhino11’s daughter. As a family we’ve been through several iterations of MVT here in Idaho and look forward to the training each year. Happy to field medical questions, etc. and will always give an honest opinion with no bs. Always looking to improve upon myself, so this forum is gold.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

As you note you’ve been around, but belated welcome anyway! :yes:

Always good to have some more medical knowledge around.

zeerf
      Participant

belated welcome @idahocajun glad you posted and looking to be more active.

Corvette
      Participant

Welcome aboard, @idahocajun! Down here in LA myself so I’m wondering if you’re missing the crawfish boils…

idahocajun
      Participant

@5Solas, yep, miss the food and family, but not the humidity. However, every visit completely negates any and all PT I’ve done and the battle belt always fits a bit tighter 😉 Thanks for the welcome fellas, enjoy the like minded community and camaraderie MVT has opened me up to.

Corvette
      Participant

It’s…oppressive, to say the least. I’m ready for the next move but we’re enjoying the area while we’re here.

I don’t doubt it, but I suppose you don’t have to worry about it falling off because it’s not tight enough! 🙂

wheelsee
      Participant

@idahocajun, welcome aboard!! Look forward to you medical insights.

Pyrotech
      Participant

Greetings everyone!

Most everyone knows me as Pyrotech, or Pyro. I am a Texas state licensed Pyrotechnian, and been involved with Pyrotechnics off an on for my entire adult life. Former broadcast Engineer, Some here may know me from that previous life. I know one of you do for sure :yes:

back in 2013 left that to go work building Power lines in west Texas oilfield, Now I get to do it closer to home.

Came here seeking to expand, knowledge and skills beyond the square range. right now my work schedule has enough time off to allow for some more training beyond the annual or biannual class.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome!

Civilianresponder
      Participant

Looking forward to meeting you at the Texas 2018 training. What part of Texas are in? :good:

Pyrotech
      Participant

Austin area.

checking on my work schedule to see which of the Texas dates match my days off.

Civilianresponder
      Participant

I’m in the austin area as well.

wheelsee
      Participant

There’s at least 3 others in the area and I’m just north of you……might be able to get together??

diceman624
      Participant

Greetings all,
      I post as diceman624, but also answer to Gouge. I’m a 10yr Electronic Warfare Officer in the USAF, and dabbled with Air Liaison duties between 2012-2015. I’ve been shooting off and on since my junior year in high school. I currently live in northwest Louisiana, been on the forum since December, and have taken a pistol and combat medicine course previously but with other schools. I’m also a student of History, holding a Masters in US Military History, and am digging deeper into the 1982 Falklands conflict From a more ground centric perspective.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome “diceman624”

Remember to check out older threads and there is no such thing as a dead post, we are always willing to address or add to older information.

Again welcome!

wesmc
      Participant

Diceman??? Hickory, dickery, dock…

Corvette
      Participant

@Diceman624, Welcome! I’m in your AOR…I’d love to get together for a meatspace meetup, PT, or the like.

zeerf
      Participant

Welcome @diceman624

SeanT
      Keymaster

Jill came down with Two Fitty

Abacus
      Participant

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

I am a carreer staff officer. I could be described as a pouge’s pouge compared to many of the other military folks on this forum. I am more of an Emergency Prep grown up Boy Scout than a traditional prepper/threeper/militia/survivalist kind of guy. I want to train with Max for self improvement purposes.

My professional expertice is focused on data analysis, weapons testing, strategic assessment, and a smattering of R&D. I am also more than passingly firmiliar with computer networking, cyber security, radar theory, and other things of that nature. If it is nerdy I have probably at least read about it.

My experience and exposure to things like “gunfighting” and SUT is incredibly limited. My training (if it can even be called that) consists of the basic military weapons firmiliarization and qualification courses, a subpar CCW class , a couple Appleseed clinics, and losing badly at local IDPA shoots.

I am planning on attending my first MVT course in the summer or fall of 2018. Distance will limit the frequency of my training attendence until I move back east. I really want to get into the competitive side of TacGun but geography and skill level (or lack there of) demand I focus on training first.

Corvette
      Participant

Welcome, @abacus! Welcome to the forums.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Abacus!

Remember to check out older threads and there is no such thing as a dead post, we are always willing to address or add to older information.

zeerf
      Participant

Welcome Abacus :good:

RobM
      Participant

Welcome to the MVT community!

wesmc
      Participant

Jill came down with Two Fitty

:yahoo:

Chance
      Participant

Good afternoon everyone,

I just joined the forum though I’ve been following MVT and reading Max’s blog for a couple of months now.

Quick background… I was active duty with Army for 7 years. I was combat arms but nothing special. I was a route clearance PL in Iraq and did some other fun jobs before pursuing a civilian career. I’m currently the COO of a small but growing insurance company in north Alabama.

I’m hoping that Max does a HEAT 1 or HEAT 1 & 2 combo (like the one in May) later this year that I can get to. I’m looking forward to learning from y’all and I’m asking for forgiveness in advance if I ask a question that has already been discussed ad nauseum.

Thanks,
      Chance

Chance
      Participant

Sorry for the 2nd post… If forgot to check the reply notification box.

Freakin’ new guys…

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Chance!

zeerf
      Participant

welcome Chance! Look forward to training with you in the future. :good:

libertycalls
      Participant

Hello there,

I’m joining in on the forum to continue my education. My background is in technology and zero military training. I have been shooting since I was about eight years old. My dad was a police and military shooting instructor, so I have early memories of shooting full auto rifles and I cleared a building with rubber bullets when I was nine.

I started digging into tactical and strategy when I started shooting local IDPA matches. Then I read Pat Mac’s “Sentinal” and realized I needed to have some strategies for protecting my family. I’ve got two boys in diapers and they have become the reason why I train.

I have a general license for ham radio and work a 857D with a portable antenna setup. I test my equipment at least once a week, even if it’s just having a conversation on one of the local repeaters. My HF setup is completely mobile, so I could grab my bag and a battery and head up one of the hills around my area.

My fitness goal has been one day a week. I’ve been going to the gym six days a week, so I meet my goal. The other thing I’m working on is losing weight, I’m about 20lbs over where I should be. My mile run times are over 10 minutes. So I have a lot of room for improvement.

Anyway I’m looking forward to reading mostly, for now. I’ll give my input where I can.

have a good one,
      Chris

wesmc
      Participant

Hello there,

I’m joining in on the forum to continue my education. My background is in technology and zero military training. I have been shooting since I was about eight years old. My dad was a police and military shooting instructor, so I have early memories of shooting full auto rifles and I cleared a building with rubber bullets when I was nine.

I started digging into tactical and strategy when I started shooting local IDPA matches. Then I read Pat Mac’s “Sentinal” and realized I needed to have some strategies for protecting my family. I’ve got two boys in diapers and they have become the reason why I train.

I have a general license for ham radio and work a 857D with a portable antenna setup. I test my equipment at least once a week, even if it’s just having a conversation on one of the local repeaters. My HF setup is completely mobile, so I could grab my bag and a battery and head up one of the hills around my area.

My fitness goal has been one day a week. I’ve been going to the gym six days a week, so I meet my goal. The other thing I’m working on is losing weight, I’m about 20lbs over where I should be. My mile run times are over 10 minutes. So I have a lot of room for improvement.

Anyway I’m looking forward to reading mostly, for now. I’ll give my input where I can.

have a good one,
      Chris

Welcome!!!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome “libertycalls.”

zeerf
      Participant

welcome @libertycalls

Also ham running 857D though I have been focused on martial arts and fitness lately. I also prefer the mobile setup. As Joe mentions tons of great info here on the forums including the older posts. I am still finding posts I have somehow missed and learning more each time I take the time.

Sounds like you are getting after it and on a good progression plan. Again welcome aboard! :good:

FreedomOak
      Participant

I ran into @Texas at a gym wearing a a Max velocity tshirt and he suggested I join the forum. I have not attended a class yet but have a spot reserved for doing so soon. My main hobbies include Muay Thai, HEMA longsword, and chess. My AK’s have Russian female names. My AR’s are named by function (pistol, dmr, etc). I’m an extensive reader and lately have had a particular interest in Latin, Roman history, and Pali when I want to sleep reallllly good. 😉

wesmc
      Participant

@FreedomOak, welcome!

texas
      Participant

@FreedomOak glad you made it to the forum!

Civilianresponder
      Participant

Welcome! Always great to have another Texan on the forum. :good:

JohnnyMac
      Participant

@freedomoak, welcome!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome FreedomOak!

I’m an extensive reader…

Then I recommend checking out older threads and there is no such thing as a dead post, we are always willing to address or add to older information.

We have an extremely diverse group of people here and seldom have the drama that is so common in other internet venues.

Again welcome.

Incipient
      Participant

Welcome to my brother, @CrayonEater.

CrayonEater
      Participant

Thanks Justing!

Figured this was my running nickname in class so ill continue it here.

Took me damn long enough to join up to the forums, forgive me Max. :unsure:

Looking forward to poking around and keeping in touch!

See you guys at HEAT 2 in November.

Brennan

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome CrayonEater!

Then I recommend checking out older threads and there is no such thing as a dead post, we are always willing to address or add to older information.

First Sergeant

Thanks Justing!

Figured this was my running nickname in class so ill continue it here.

Took me damn long enough to join up to the forums, forgive me Max. :unsure:

Looking forward to poking around and keeping in touch!

See you guys at HEAT 2 in November.

Brennan

I wondered what happened to you.

FILO
      Signal Out, Can You Identify
      Je ne regrette rien
      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

kmiller356
      Participant

I am Kent. Retired Law enforcement, I worked the road and was Rotor and fixed wing pilot in NE Kansas. Attending Heat 1 April 2019. I have been following the site for about a year, (lurking). I probably won’t post much but I do listen I am a low tech guy in a high tech world

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Kent!

wheelsee
      Participant

@kmiller356

WELCOME!!

wesmc
      Participant

@kmiller356 Welcome! :good:

leam
      Participant

I went from “Wanna-be” to “has been” with not much in the middle. My user name is my name, by the way. Carried an M-16 exactly once, post USAF basic, guarding a broke down EOD vehicle. Panama, right after Just Cause; fun times. During the day I get paid to program, evenings I write para-military Science-Fiction for teens. My by-line is “Entertainment That Encourages”; the next book will be about a young lady battling PTSD and feelings of inadequacy. The first book in the series goes on sale next month, hopefully it doesn’t cause people to give up reading forever.

As mentioned in the boots thread, my goal for the latter part of 2019 is to get my fat bahookie in shape so I can shoot better and train more. I shoot NRL22 now and will be getting back into Steel Challenge to build my pistol skills. For a while I worked on 1911s. For my self only, I’m not good enough for real work. For USPSA I rebuilt an old Argentine Sistema. The gun was coated in rust when I bought her. If the serial number on the web form I found is correct; she was coming out of the factory when my mom was pregnant with me.

Hello all. I look forward to learning.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome Leam!

Don’t let the rough edges get you down, many people have used the MVT Forum to gain information and insight to get themselves up to speed.

We have a variety of subject matter experts in a vast array of professions.

As you already started there is much to be found in older Threads, remember that any searches you have done maybe worth repeating. We are finishing up a upgrade and transition to the Forum format.

Lastly there is no such thing as a “dead thread” here at MVT!

Always something to add to and expand. 👍

leam
      Participant

Thanks Joe! I’m off to ask more questions. 🙂

58marine
      Participant

I’ve replied to a couple of threads a while back. I couldn’t find an introduction thread until now so here goes.
      Howdy to all. My name is Joel. I found MVT over at the Full30 forum. Born and raised in Texas. Enlisted into the USMC in ’77 and my MOS was 5811 (M.P.) I started shooting at a young age. After the corps,I worked as a mechanic and part timed at a rifle range, where I got into Bullseye shooting and some Practical Police Combat matches. A few years ago I realised my defensive handgun skills were lacking and have been on a journey to correct that.
      For the last 30 years I’ve been employed as a Toolmaker.
      I’m more of a reader than a poster.Thanks for having me.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Welcome 58marine!

Even if somewhat late.😁

I’m more of a reader than a poster.

Even if you do not start threads, I encourage you to participate by asking questions. Even giving the extensive knowledge and experience our SME’s have, it is very easy to overlook or take for granted certain elements. Questions help flesh out things for everyone’s benefit.

Questions also encourage more participation by these experts.

Lastly everyone is knowledgeable in some area that is useful to our community.

Again welcome. 👍

Viewing 367 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.