AK Mag holders….

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment AK Mag holders….

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Not Max’s post, just a glitch from a site uodate.

For the AK folks out there…

http://sgammo.com/product/surplus/1-used-empty-green-vinyl-mag-pouch-strap-holds-5-x-30-round-ak47-mags-mags-not-inclu

DiznNC
        Participant

It’s one way of going. Gets you up and running.

whitebear620
          Participant

I can see giving this to one of my buddies who only has an SKS, gives him something at least.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Well yea it’s hardly “Tier One,” but everyone should have a few of those big Rubbermaid containers filled with various surplus gear for temporary use by stragglers.

Sure beats using your pockets. :yes:

If you live near Military bases, yard sales are a great way to pick up cheap gear for various uses. The weekends between paydays are best.

For those with base privileges, the base thrift shops have outstanding deals! I have a big Rubbermaid container filled with various military boots, many with the tags still on them. :-)

Robert
              Participant

For bulk ammo needs I recommended you to visit Outdoor Limited. Here you get top deals on cheap ammo with special offers.

I like my SPAM fried….

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I like my SPAM fried….

I don’t study the how and why if this kind of thing, but to have a account lay dormant for 8 months then suddenly update profile to a company and randomly post?

Could have least posted in Ammunition Stockpiles for Contingencies Thread. ;-)

dg
                  Participant

If price is a huge issue, I guess that this pouch is better than nothing.

For buying AK mag pouches from several companies which are official suppliers of the Russian military, I used https://grey-shop.ru/magazine-pouch/ak-magazine-pouch
                    I am not affiliated with them, just a happy customer. I bought stuff from them twice, and I had no problems with them so far.
                    Their prices are good, and the shipping price and wait period is reasonable.
                    The English version of their website is painful to read, but it is understandable (a shot of vodka would make it even easier to understand).
                    Before, I bought some military stuff from eBay and I have mixed feelings about that experience: as always, shop around, and your mileage may vary.

Robert
                    Participant

Wait a tick… Dimitri is up at class right now. Do we have two Dimitri’s?

Nice!!!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Their prices are good, and the shipping price and wait period is reasonable.

I have been recently considering this…

The one have seen awhile back was particularly lightweight and may breathe better than the U.S. equivalent, though it may not be as durable. That maybe an acceptable trade off for summer use.

Amazon and eBay had been only options so thanks for the link.

veritas556
                        Participant

@Joe saw the boonie post and have to ask – has anyone heard of or bought from Slangvel? Lots of unique cool designs and patterns.

https://www.facebook.com/Slangvel/

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…has anyone heard of or bought from Slangvel?

Yes I’ve heard of his work, haven’t purchased from him, but have never heard anything bad about him.

Maybe someone else has actual experience.

From SSD:

Slangvel is a custom hat maker who specializes in modern-era military headwear. He is also a disabled Veteran.

veritas556
                            Participant

@Joe Being in FL I thought this one was right up your alley ;)

Incipient
                              Participant

I’ve been eyeing this guy for an AK chest rig, with 3 rifle mags instead of the 2×2. It wouldn’t be used often as I prefer my ARs, but I kind of want something to train AK with once in a while on my own.

Robert, any thoughts?

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/contact-series-2×2-micro-chest-rig/

In an initial stage; beginning to happen or develop.

Robert
                                Participant

I’ve been eyeing this guy for an AK chest rig, with 3 rifle mags instead of the 2×2. It wouldn’t be used often as I prefer my ARs, but I kind of want something to train AK with once in a while on my own.

Robert, any thoughts?

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/contact-series-2×2-micro-chest-rig/

Link comes up not available, no pic?

Checkout Beez Combat Systems for a great AK chest rig.

There is a 5 mag chest rig for around $70. or so. I’ve run that model for around 8 years now.

The 6 mag model buckles in the center and is inherently less sturdy IMO but works well also.

Robert
                                  Participant

I like my SPAM fried….

I don’t study the how and why if this kind of thing, but to have a account lay dormant for 8 months then suddenly update profile to a company and randomly post?

Could have least posted in Ammunition Stockpiles for Contingencies Thread. ;-)

May not be, just my guess though. I’ve seen some nutty spammer stuff on Vbulletin boards. There is some weird issues I’ve noticed before also that I would be happy to share with you off the board if you’d like as well. I’m not a technie but I’m a guy that is fairly observant and I noticed some nutty stuff happening with Vbulletin board forums at times. May not be an issue with WordPress, but I didn’t want to take a chance with it on VB.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

@Joe Being in FL I thought this one was right up your alley ;)

:good:

Incipient
                                      Participant

Sorry Robert, try this:

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/contact-series-micro-chest-rig-3zero/

I’ll check the other one you mentioned as well.

In an initial stage; beginning to happen or develop.

Robert
                                        Participant

Incipient- sorry thought I posted to this yesterday?? Getting old I guess :)

I think you’ll find the BCS rig cheaper and it will hold more mags. Looks more comfortable as well but hard to tell from pics.

Robert
                                          Participant

Sorry Robert, try this:

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/contact-series-micro-chest-rig-3zero/

I’ll check the other one you mentioned as well.

Came up that time.

I’d go with the BCS rig to save some bucks and to hold more mags. Made in the US and if we can’t break one in almost a decade, it’s pretty solid. I probably have a spare I could bring to a class if I know your coming and you want to try it out. Besides, Max loves having a bunch of AKs on the range so the more the merrier :yahoo:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Incipient- sorry thought I posted to this yesterday?? Getting old I guess :)

You did and we both missed it didn’t post.

texas
                                              Participant

I still have an AK mag insert I bought for my original MVT Versa chest rig. B-)

Lloyd
                                                Participant

@Joe saw the boonie post and have to ask – has anyone heard of or bought from Slangvel? Lots of unique cool designs and patterns.

https://www.facebook.com/Slangvel/

Better late than never – I have 3 Slangvel boonies, bought 3-4 years ago and they’re still going strong!

MVT Texas 2015-2020
                                                  Team Coyote / Team Rekkr / Team Cowbell

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.