A discussion on Matt Bracken's book Enemies Foreign and Domestic.

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Multi Media A discussion on Matt Bracken's book Enemies Foreign and Domestic.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      wparkinson4
      Participant

(I am posting this in the lounge because I wasn’t sure where else to post it. MODS if you know of a better place please move it there. Thanks)

I don’t know how many of you have read Matt Brackens Enemies books series but let us have a discussion on Enemies Foreign and Domestic.

Let me primer this with a little background on myself. I currently work as a farmer for my father in law here in Eastern NC. I spend a LOT of time alone on a tractor and have gotten to where I hate listening to music and talk radio is just repetitive BS that gets very old. I either listen to Podcasts or Audio books. I found a little trick on Amazon that if you have a Kindle “unlimited” account and barrow certain books you are able to buy the Audio version for $1.99. I have used this method to buy a pretty expansive library of Audio books. In my library I have Bracken, Rawles, A. American, Glenn Tate and Mark Goodwin just to name a few. Looking at my Audible app on my phone to date I have listened to 2 months, 22 days, 16 hours and 31 minutes of audio books… in a combined 139 titles. Some of that is repeat… each season I will start the cycle over again all the while adding new titles as I find new series to listen to……

So…. To the discussion on Matt Brackens EFOD .. now if you don’t like him or think he is a kook that is fine that is not part of this discussion. He has made some pretty outlandish statements but I still like his books….
        In his book he paints a picture of some Rouge BATFE group lead by a mad man that is really only in it for the money and power. His team is lied to, to get them to perform these terrible acts against innocent people. There is a concocted “Right Wing Militia” group that is the target of their attacks which is basically it is a huge False Flag attack perpetrated on the American people.

My question is… in our government agencies and people at the top.. Do they really have a certain level of distain for people who believe in the Constitution, and those of us who own guns? I mean we see videos all the time where LEOs get pissed when their authority is challenged by a citizen (this is not bashing all cops, I believe most LEOs are good upstanding members of our society that do a job many won’t , including me). Where does the animosity come from? Training? We have seen the DOJ put out memos that Vets, gun owners, right wingers, and Christians should be watched and potential “Domestic Terrorists” while they ignore the ongoing Muslim atrocities throughout our nation and the world. Are there people that believe Right wing gun nuts are a problem in this country? I mean if we wanted to be a problem they would know it. (I guess I just outed myself) I keep hearing these folks on the left that they want a revolution but they are all gun hating left wing nut jobs who don’t own any guns… think about that… but I digress…

So I guess that is a long winded question/ statement… As a former Army Sergeant and Paratrooper who took the Oath to protect and defend the Constitution against all Enemies Foreign and Domestic!!! Do you think there are people that take the oath, BHO cough..cough…, just to satisfy the requirement of getting the job? Do some people not really believe in the oath?

I don’t know…

Thoughts?

DiznNC
        Participant

OK I’ll play. Yeah, I think there are douche bags like this in federal “service”. After I left active duty, I worked in aerospace, where many dudes were also former mil. and/or in various reserve or guard units. What I saw, for lack of better description, was this arrogant bureaucratic mindset, this “us or them” mentality. They identified with the federal government, as their family, as their vocation, and as the ultimate authority. They want to claim a halo for this but I look at it like the kids who would identify with the local bully, so they stay on the right side of the beatings.

I remember one old senior chief who used to bait me about the 2d amendment. He would say shit like “civilians” should not be “allowed” to own AR-15’s. Although he did this just to wind me up, I also think he actually believed it. If you’re not police or military, in his world you shouldn’t be trusted with a modern military pattern rifle.

As I kid who grew up in a military family, and then went in himself, I can see how there might be some institutional bias from “lifers” against all those “slimy civilians” out there. Once you ship over a time or two, it has to shape your perceptions of things. You have this government rice bowl, you get fat, dumb, and happy, and the arrogance sets in.

So yeah, I think the temptation is there to fuck with the general population, just cuz you can. It’s a bad side of our nature. People get a little power and they enjoy fucking with everyone else.

In some cases, this turns very evil when the ruling regime eggs this on with tacit approval of fucking with certain “out of favor groups”, you know, like former mil patriots.

So yeah I could see a rogue agent go off the reservation and declaring war on patriots like this. Especially after AG’s like Janet Reno and Eric Holder demonstrated their utter contempt for the American people by the illegal activities the oversaw. Not to mention Lois Lerner.

What I find alarming is all these scenarios I’ve read about over the years and said, well, that’s a little way out there, when in light of all the WikiLeaks revelations, you find out they really aren’t out the realm of possibility. The corruption is so vast and pervasive, that we’re a lot closer to it than you previously thought.

When you read Matt’s “fiction”, in light of current events, you have to re-evaluate what is the real possibility of things like this actually happening.

xsquidgator
          Participant

I originally bought the three Bracken EFAD books just for entertainment, thinking they’d be a good hard screed or rant. Come one, read the book cover, the first is a rogue ATF false-flag thing, the second is the Mexican re-takeover of the southwest, and the third is foreign peacekeepers being promised 40 acres and a mule for oppressing Americans here at home? Nutcase stuff, right? Good reading for sitting on the can.

Well, read those books and it doesn’t seem so nutty anymore between the good writing (waaaay better than Rawles’ or John Ross, even though those are good stories the writing needs to be sent back to 9th grade English class), wikileaks and other things we’ve all seen and experienced.
            One thing that made the light bulb go off in my head, maybe some of you have seen it, is realizing that if something happens, the public is only going to know about it IF the media tells them about it, and they’ll only know WHAT the media tells them and the slant put on it.
            Is it a group of patriots fighting government-backed terrorist Kazak troops, or is it a bunch of terrorists in a state of insurrection? Unless you were there and saw everything, how could you know?
            Does anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together doubt that there is an un-American narrative being pushed on us by the media, and every single thing they report from daycare to the cost of oil/coal to crime rates to people killed in rioting/terrorism/whatever is presented through the lens of that narrative?
            Take the New Orleans area post-Katrina for example. I wasn’t there, but every time I talk with someone who was there, they tell me a story that sounds a lot more like one of these dystopian books than what I was shown and told on the news programs. A lot of crazy and scary stuff happened down there, out of the eye of the camera. That was under the governance of someone who actually wanted to help and make the area better, too. What might the aftermath of that be if say the leadership said “clean that area out, it’s a bunch of criminal deplorables”?

So, all that to say, when I read the books, they flat out scared the hell out of me with the potential for bad apples in the big .gov to do shit like what’s in these books. I think I read the first one before even the truth started to come out about Fast and Furious, or wikileaks, never mind the stuff that’s come out in the last year.

By the time in the storyline of the third book, things are a number of years into the decline and sovietization of the country. Without spoilers, the set of disasters experienced by the southeast US (giant earthquake, hurricanes after that etc) left most of the SE US unrecognizable and under martial law, scrabbling to survive with little or no food, medical care, all the stuff and Boy Socut skills a lot of the people here are training and learning to deal with. Throw a tyrannical .gov on top of that who’s trying hard to stamp out the pockets left here and there, armed with all the army stuff and drones and everything, and it ought to scare you – I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch for the survivors to face something like that.
            If you like Max’s fiction books, you definitely should like the BRacken books. The writing styles are different, and the purposes are different too, Max’s are a tactical manual written as a story, Bracken’s books are mostly telling a story. I think though that if you like one, you’ll like the other.

PS- All three books are full of stuff that used to sound nutty to me, but doesn’t after reading it and thinking about everything we know as of November 2016.
            1st book EFAD- rogue fedgov operation during fairly “normal” times like today
            2nd book-Reonquista. Formation of government backed paramilitaries used as muscle against opponents of the regime. There are still “good cops” around even FBI and other Federal guys, but they’re kept away from things. Things could still look normal to you based on what you see on TV, but not on the street and not if you’re a “deplorable” in the area being “fundamentally transformed”
            3rd book- already mentioned. To people in the coastal cities, life still looks kind of normal with cable tv, electricity (mostly) and lots of Brave New World rules and laws, but not too different from the way they live today. Those people don’t know about or think about the hinterlands where incredible bad things are being done to secretly pacify and resttle/transform them.

wheelsee
            Participant

Taking a line out of Tienemen Square, Katrina brought Chicago SWAT down to NOLA. Good friend of mine (firefighter/EMT-P) was assigned to Federal Task Force for water rescue. According to him, they were assigned an area to search for victims with Chicago SWAT assigned protection detail. They ended up getting pinned down by potshots at them. He said the Chicago guys said “wait here”, very short time later heard automatic gunfire. Chicago showed back up walking upright and told them all clear. He said he didn’t ask what happened but there were no more pot shots. Happened several times, just with his team. I don’t know how many teams there were total but figure his wasn’t the only one.

Also remember that eventually NG units from outside LA came in to help. Same person above (and yes, I trust what he tells me, we depended upon each other for our lives in the past), told of an outside NG unit guarding a roadway when LA State Police drove up and tried to muscle their way through. They were told to unass the vehicle but got cocky and the gunner on the Humvee let loose a couple of rounds (“safe direction” was the words used), with immediate compliance by State Police. BTW, he witnessed it as they were in line awaiting approval to pass.

Granted this was in 2005. Disclaimer – this is 3rd hand information to you. From him who was there, to me, to you.

Thomas
              Participant

National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012 authorized the president:
                – to abduct and indefinitely incarcerate without trial any American identified as a threat
                – authorize the use of remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) attacks domestically

There is much more in that gem of legislation. The administration stated publicly that the Senate inserted the language. A senate staffer later stated that the senate had included the language and kept it in at the request of the administration. The media were silent on the meaning of the language.

What it means is that if you are designated an enemy of the state while in CONUS, you can be imprisoned indefinitely or executed without trial. The legislation stripped due process from every citizen and made the president prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner.

As far as rogue elements, someone hands targeting lists to the president every day.

I went to bed on the night that NDAA 2012 was passed knowing that, because of my past, my religion, skin color, and political beliefs, if the left seizes power, I will be taken from my home and imprisoned if I am lucky. If not lucky, I will be killed in a hellfire strike and my family will die as collateral damage and not one piece of this will ever be protested by the media.

Andrew
                Participant

BATF, especially when they were still part of Treasury, has always been the red headed, bastard, stepchild of federal law enforcement. We used to say that ATF stood for “After the fact.” That’s when they’d show up, be it to collect whatever weapons were on the scene or to be at the press conference.

Before Waco, I knew the agent that went on to do the undercover stuff for Waco. Nice enough guy, but I wouldn’t have trusted him to date my daughter.

Long story short, fed law enforcement is about numbers, statistics, and ATF, maybe because they are small, is not above much, in order to get those numbers. It’s all about budgets, money and power.

So, imo, yes, it is very plausible.

Some of the other stuff in those books is a little far fetched, but not beyond the realm of possibility by any stretch of the imagination.

wparkinson4
                  Participant

This is a great discussion…!!! Too much to address in a short response…

We all can agree that it is a fictional tale but yea in this age of the NDAA and Patriot act… There is no telling what can and does happen. Since we will never hear about most of it. It is truly chilling..

wheelsee
                    Participant

Before Waco, I knew the agent that went on to do the undercover stuff for Waco. Nice enough guy, but I wouldn’t have trusted him to date my daughter.

Long story short, fed law enforcement is about numbers, statistics, and ATF, maybe because they are small, is not above much, in order to get those numbers. It’s all about budgets, money and power.

After Waco, I was offered a job with ATF working as a medic for “specials”. I would not be allowed to work any other job, and would be paid $65K annually federal benefits. Louis Freeh, FBI Director (1993-2001) supposedly stated when discussion came up of moving ATF to FBI, “Mix dirty with clean water, still have dirty water” (though it appears that Secret Service Chief told Neal Cox the same in 1981 when Reagan Admin proposed folding ATF into the Secret Service).

I turned down the job. Several months later, we were tasked with providing security for local ATF on a house with firearms and drugs. My team leader wanted to do a recon first but ATF demanded we go then….we hit the wrong house, luckily no one was home . ATF laughed about it, my sheriff was furious and severed all ties with ATF. I was thankful I had declined (though it would have been a pay raise of ~ 400%).

wparkinson4
                      Participant

After Waco, I was offered a job with ATF working as a medic for “specials”. I would not be allowed to work any other job, and would be paid $65K annually federal benefits. Louis Freeh, FBI Director (1993-2001) supposedly stated when discussion came up of moving ATF to FBI, “Mix dirty with clean water, still have dirty water” (though it appears that Secret Service Chief told Neal Cox the same in 1981 when Reagan Admin proposed folding ATF into the Secret Service).

I turned down the job. Several months later, we were tasked with providing security for local ATF on a house with firearms and drugs. My team leader wanted to do a recon first but ATF demanded we go then….we hit the wrong house, luckily no one was home . ATF laughed about it, my sheriff was furious and severed all ties with ATF. I was thankful I had declined (though it would have been a pay raise of ~ 400%).

Man that is crazy.. The money would have been good but not worth your soul.

I remember sitting in the Barracks of 3rd Ranger Bat. watching the WACO thing on CNN. I was like HELL YEA… Kick their ass… how stupid was I back then? I was young and didn’t really get into politics much. Man if I knew then….. (I probably wouldn’t have left Batt.. but that is another story..) what I know now.

WP

SeanT
                        Keymaster

I’ve read the books. I agree that they are very readable and thought provoking.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I read them as they came out, had to wait on the sequels.

IMHO there isn’t anything in his books that is beyond possibility.

sneakypete
                            Participant

I agree with everything written here on the hubris of federal law enforcement in general and their view of the general public. You can see this not only in the anecdotes mentioned here, but just take a look at the way MVT grad’s are attacked by former military in the various gun forums such as AR15.com. I am retired with 30 years Army service and I think MVT is a first rate professional training organization. There seems to be a general disdain for training civilian’s in tactical military skills even by former military.

Didn’t mean to rant, back to the specific Bracken discussion. I have read the entire EFAD trilogy. The use of facial recognition technologies and computer surveillance capabilities woven into the plots of each book seem almost prophetic to me. If I had read the first book back in 2003 when it was first published, I would have thought this was science fiction. Bracken really nailed this years before Snowden or Wikileaks exposed these capabilities. Reading these books with hindsight knowledge just stunned me.

I haven’t seen any mention on here of his web page and his essays. If you like the trilogy you will love these as well. Some that can raise goose bumps are “Professor Raoul X”. That one will give you pause when you consider the vast increase in spree killers/active shooters. Another one is “What I Saw at the Coups”.

Brackens Website

DiznNC
                              Participant

Sneaky Pete: Thank you for speaking up here. As you may know, I was ass-deep in one of those little firefights over there concerning MVT training. It was not only concerning the rational for training slimy civilians but also the validity of MVT training concepts. The overall consensus was a “not invented here” mentality; if the D-boys weren’t doing it, then “obviously” it wasn’t valid.

This speaks volumes to the institutional bias we have been discussing here. Not only shouldn’t civvys be trained, but without a “school certified” instructor, you are engaging in dangerous activity without proper supervision. Yeah.

I have frequently wondered about this. Is this just something that these guys are doing on their own, or is this something that is being encouraged by the powers that be. A lot of nationally known instructors have refused to teach SUT to civilians. They don’t think “civilians need to know this kind of stuff”.

I have always been of the mind that the government knows how to do this stuff, our enemies sure know how to do this stuff, so why are we so against American civilians learning how to do this stuff. The reason always seem to be that the “wrong people” may get their hands on the information. Well isn’t that a little like keeping AR-15’s out of everyone’s hands so the “wrong people” won’t get them? So you deny good folks the weapons and knowledge they may need to defend themselves to make sure the bad guys don’t get access to them.

So by default you’re saying this is the government purvue and that except in the service of their country, civilians shouldn’t be trained up in this stuff. That is just wrong in so many ways. The implied mis-trust of the people is just massive. The us or them mentality. The government has become so insulated from the people that we are no longer trusted bear arms unless under direct government supervision.

There are many reasons for this, too large a subject to go into here, but suffice it to say, we are a much different country than that from which the Minuteman came from at Concord and Lexington. I think this was a deliberate process and we are entering the final stages of this destruction of our country.

You know it’s coming to a point where a lot of these guys may need to make a choice. Do you protect the institution, or the people which it was intended to protect in the first place? If the institution is doing it’s job properly, they should be one in the same. But what if it’s not? What do you do then?

This is the crux of the issue, and what Matt shows us in his fiction. An out-of-control federal government and what some people do about it. It is a what-if scenario for us, and gives us something to think about.

wparkinson4
                                Participant

All great points Pete and Diz… I have seen some of that over there. I have been on Arfcom since 2001. There is a lot of BS over there but there is also some good stuff too.

I don’t get the aversion to teaching SUT to the masses. Isn’t that a key part of the Constitution? I mean the second amendment isn’t just about guns it is also about the citizen soldier. They kind of go hand in hand.

DiznNC
                                  Participant

Yeah you would think.

But fast forward to today, and you have an out of control federal government that is trying to do things that it was never intended to be into. And several generations of peeps who not only take this as the status quo, but are too fat dumb and happy to want to change it. Not to mention those that deliberately want to keep on changing it, into something it was never intended to be.

It will be interesting to see, going forward, what President Trump can do to roll it back, and what the response to this will be.

The concept of the citizen soldier was a key foundation on which this republic was built. It was supposed to be the first line of defense against any tyranny, both foreign and domestic. Now you have those that served their country and refuse to teach these skill sets to the public. The standing army has become disconnected from the citizen militia, and refuses to teach anything to “unqualified” individuals.

That’s pretty fucked up, for a variety of reasons. But let’s also not forget that the average American gets a vote in all this too. No one put a gun to their head and made them change their attitudes, morals, and ethics over the years. Without getting into a big treatise on this, the average American male has been dumbed down, physically, mentally, and spiritually to a point where bearing arms against a tyrannical government is just about unthinkable.

So ask yourself, why are not people beating down the door to learn SUT at MVT? Why are so few people even interested in this? That’s a huge problem as well. We have become so spoiled over the years. The level of corruption had to rise to such an incredible level just to get people off their ass this election and say no more. Human nature to be sure. We are being played against the worst part of our nature. Very few people even now are willing to stand up against it. If in fact it is even possible to do anything about it at this late point.

Matt was indeed a visionary in pointing this stuff out. The question is, what are we going to actually do about it?

I think the best answer may be to organize at the local level, to protect your family and friends, perhaps even your neighborhood, from whatever may come our way. This was the starting point with the original militia and we would do well to imitate that concept again. What comes after that, well, we’ll just have to see.

gramma
                                    Participant

All 3 books were my bedtime reading over the summer. I’d heard about it for years, but just didn’t get around it. Once I did… oh my. It was kinda like watching the news – happening all around us, if one just opened their eyes & ears and stopped living in denial.

It remains to be seen if the recent election slows the progression to that blatant undeniable reality in the country’s “state of affairs”. One would like to think so – but we can’t take any of that for granted anymore. Some “troubles” were likely to loom large in the next year or two, no matter who was in office – like the gov’s debt addiction problem and the consequent economic stress in the country, as a result. IIRC, this was one of the underlying, implied “causes” of the gov going off the rails in the series.

It certainly solidified a life-change decision for me, which is 90% complete at this point. More to do before the winter in these hills really settles in – but an old lady can only do so much without her own “troops” – LOL. Trump may simply be a reprieve or postponement of the inevitable troubles. It’s sure a lot better than looking at starting a new year with the crazed female war-monger who considers us all “expendable”. But now we wait & see… and I for one, will be putting this extra time to good use.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

But now we wait & see… and I for one, will be putting this extra time to good use.

:good:

DiznNC
                                        Participant

Some more thoughts on those in .gov service. First of all, there are some very good patriots in government service. It just seems the higher up the echelons you go, the more fucked up they are. The upper levels are almost completely political animals. You just have to look at the current administration for proof.

Most of those coming from government service do not want to be seen associated in any way shape or form with any “fringe” type of activity. This affects their ability to get those lucrative .gov training contracts. This might be passive or active.

Another wrinkle would be relationships between trainer and trainee. I’ll give two examples. Those that are considered “qualified civilians” can oftentimes break through these barriers and get extensive training, alongside police and military.

Also, and I find this one amusing, because of the bachelor degree requirement, a lot of federal officers were military officers. A lot of the top tier trainers were senior NCO’s. So you have this institutional resistance to change because the former officers don’t want to listen and/or get schooled by former NCO’s.

As funny as that sounds, I think it’s a major reason why these federal agencies are having a hard time changing and updating their T,T,P’s.

Which is both good and bad, depending. In light of what we’re talking about here, it’s a good thing, if in fact these units go rogue and come after us. If you’re talking about them actually doing their job and protecting us, then it’s something that needs to be addressed, although in any event, I would still caution folks to provide their own self-protection.

Andrew
                                          Participant

Also, and I find this one amusing, because of the bachelor degree requirement, a lot of federal officers were military officers.

And many of them have zero military experience and have only been exposed to left-wing propaganda for their entire, primary and secondary, educational life. Those are the ones that scare me more just based on their ideology and lack of any true historical perspective.

Even with degrees, many of them are still dumber than the proverbial box of rocks.

sneakypete
                                            Participant

Yeah you would think.

That’s pretty fucked up, for a variety of reasons. But let’s also not forget that the average American gets a vote in all this too. No one put a gun to their head and made them change their attitudes, morals, and ethics over the years. Without getting into a big treatise on this, the average American male has been dumbed down, physically, mentally, and spiritually to a point where bearing arms against a tyrannical government is just about unthinkable.

So ask yourself, why are not people beating down the door to learn SUT at MVT? Why are so few people even interested in this? That’s a huge problem as well. We have become so spoiled over the years. The level of corruption had to rise to such an incredible level just to get people off their ass this election and say no more. Human nature to be sure. We are being played against the worst part of our nature. Very few people even now are willing to stand up against it. If in fact it is even possible to do anything about it at this late point.
                                              ——–
                                              I think the best answer may be to organize at the local level, to protect your family and friends, perhaps even your neighborhood, from whatever may come our way. This was the starting point with the original militia and we would do well to imitate that concept again. What comes after that, well, we’ll just have to see.

Diz, I think this pretty much sums up the best COA. We can’t do anything to change the culture in the macro. I think most psychologist and self help guru’s would advice people whose lives seem out of control, to take control of the parts of their lives that they can. I think this advise applies to those with the mindset they need to train/prepare to protect their families and communities. I refer to communities in the context of those in a circle of friends and extended family that you care about. It’s with those people that you share common bonds. Once made those bonds can’t be easily broken. There is an old saying the blood of the oath is thicker than the water of the womb. We can seek out like minded people within our local circle of influence and association. It takes time, but you build these into resilient small/local communities that can protect themselves should a collapse occur.

I know this departed from WP’s initial post on Bracken, but felt like the discussion flow was sort moving in this general direction.

I am heavily influenced by John Mosby’s writings on establishing communities for defense and mutual support is neo tribal and likely the only way you are going to build a “resilient community”. I heavily plagiarized from Mosby’s book “Forging the Hero” here. The subtitle is:”A Tribal Strategy for Building Resilient Communities and Surviving the Decline of Empire”. I recommend it. If you are intellectually challenged like me, it will be a slog to get through. It reads in parts like a anthropology text book and in parts like the script from the TV series “Vikings”. However, I think its worth the read. It’s not available on Amazon and the only place I know you get it is at his website “Mountain Guerrilla”

D Close

WP, I believe this type of behavior from the .gov flows down from the top. The Trump election is very pivotal in this respect. Assuming he actually takes office, the mindset should begin to change fairly soon thereafter. After four years, the inertia should carry through for some time after as well. The hostility towards patriots should abate for some time. I am not advocating for relaxing here. This will in all likelihood be a very unstable period. Still, I am less concerned over .gov hostility than I would have been had Hildebeast triumphed. I am very concerned that disorder will grow and become more violent. Given my current state of training and readiness, I am more confident facing that threat. Much more to do, but the MDCOA is somewhat diminished in likelihood IMO. For now. Insofar as .gov agents might increase their defense for the rule of law for the near future, that works in our favor.

Anonymous
                                                Inactive

My primary concern at this point is that Trump continues the expanse of government (and particularly executive) power that really sparked under Bush and ballooned under Obama. Trump ran as the law and order, I’m gonna smash America’s enemies everywhere across the world because I’m The Boss candidate, I don’t see him shying from using those same militarized police and domestic spying tools to achieve his own ends stateside. His likely cabinet picks (Giuliani and Christie in particular) are big government authoritarians, which doesn’t give me much hope he’ll preserve civil liberties outside of gun rights and unwilling gay marriage cakes any more than a Clinton presidency would have.

We have to be vigilant and aware that any use of his executive authority to attack the liberals will be used against us in the eventuality of a Democratic presidency. Each new president will continue justifying their own actions through the increased executive power of their predecessor. I can see this expansion and misuse of executive authority growing further and further out of control until one side finally gets fed up with the incumbent president enough to take arms. I don’t see Congress nutting up enough to reign in the executive, out of fear of breaking ranks with their own party (*cough* Dems under Obama *cough*) or because they hope their party can wield the same power when they ascend to the presidency, or both. The last check on executive power in the entire last century was the War Powers Act, and that is effectively null and void at this point.

I agree with D Close in the loose sense that things are less likely to go hot under Trump than they would’ve under Clinton; angry liberals do noisy protests and burn a few cars, if Clinton played a strong hand against conservatives it could’ve quickly escalated to shots fired. But the underlying, unbridled growth of government isn’t going to stop under President Trump if he has his way about it, which leaves me unsettled as to what happens in post-Trump America when the Dems take the White House back, which is the statistical likelihood. (Not saying this because I want another Democrat in office, but because consecutive presidents from the same party are damn rare.) Might not be as bad if we get someone like Bernie, he’s a pinko but he’s a softie, someone more militantly loyal to the Democratic Party apparatus could seek to escalate things.

On the ground, I can see there being some agitation from both sides, left-wing radicals trying to turn these protests to riots for their own ends and using discontent against Trump to rally support, and emboldened racists using a Trump candidacy to conduct attacks, raise racial tensions, and recruit. (Yes, there have been folks making up stories but there’s truth to it as well, one of my Jewish college friends said she already had two guys tell her to get in the oven and whatnot in the past week.) That being said, my bet is still on a left-wing government driving the right to arms than the opposite, I don’t see SHTF happening over college students suddenly deciding to embrace firearms and leave the puppies and shit in their safe spaces.

I might be a hell of a lot more pessimistic about where things are going under Trump than pretty much everyone else here, but I didn’t start getting into this whole prepping thing because I have such a positive, optimistic outlook on life, I’d be much more satisfied if I was wrong and Trump turned out to be the great reformer most of the rest of the folks here are expecting him to be.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Before we decide or worry about what Trumps going to do, why don’t we give him a chance to actually get in office and actually do something!

Then we can decide whether it’s good, bad, or something to opposed.

…raise racial tensions…

I suspect I’ve got a few more years on you and I can tell you BHO has done more to “raise racial tensions” than anyone in modern history. I’ve never seen things this divided in my lifetime!

Might not be as bad if we get someone like Bernie, he’s a pinko but he’s a softie…

This demonstrates a total ignorance of the real face of Socialism, the 170,000,000 innocent, non-combatant men, women and children who were slaughtered by their own governments in the last century, you do realize almost all of them died at the hands of Left wing governments.

wparkinson4
                                                    Participant

Before we decide or worry about what Trumps going to do, why don’t we give him a chance to actually get in office and actually do something!

Then we can decide whether it’s good, bad, or something to opposed.

…raise racial tensions…

I suspect I’ve got a few more years on you and I can tell you BHO has done more to “raise racial tensions” than anyone in modern history. I’ve never seen things this divided in my lifetime!

Might not be as bad if we get someone like Bernie, he’s a pinko but he’s a softie…

This demonstrates a total ignorance of the real face of Socialism, the 170,000,000 innocent, non-combatant men, women and children who were slaughtered by their own governments in the last century, you do realize almost all of them died at the hands of Left wing governments.

I am glad you said it and not me… WTH man… Sorry bu Bernie is a FUCKING LOON!!! like every other Socialist Dictator… he may speak softly but he is a FUCKING LOON!!!!

BTW… I love this discussion!! Some great points by all…. except Ramp… Sorry dude you lost me with your Bernie statement… :scratch:

;-) Just kidding.. you are entitled to your opinion… B-)

DiznNC
                                                      Participant

Sneaky Pete: Yeah that is what I was thinking as well. I have been heavily influenced by Mosby’s philosophy concerning the development of local, “tribal” groups, as away of life, versus depending on the nation-state for my welfare. In that sense, the politics on the national level are damn-near irrelevant to me and mine. While I am hopeful President Trump can restore some common sense to the republic, I am not depending on him or anyone else for my well-being.

When you look at Matt’s fiction, you have to weigh it in terms of your estimate of the situation, and plan accordingly. Much like my man Prince, he was way ahead of his time. His estimates did not coincide with mine, at the time, but increasingly do so today.

As others have point out, with President Trump you will have a different trajectory than that fucking cunt, but my estimate still remains basically the same. Get ready.

Viewing 24 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.