6 Day H.E.A.T. 1 & 2 Combination

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Essential Information for MVT Classes 6 Day H.E.A.T. 1 & 2 Combination

• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 1 month ago by Bob. This post has been viewed 735 times
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Bob
      Participant

As I was looking the training schedule I found this class that I figured would work out best for me, as I travel across country to attend. I notice that with this combination, 2 day are eliminated in the H.E.A.T. 2 part. It looks like the patrolling part has been eliminated for this class.

On a personal note, I would prefer that the combination class would be the full 8 days, as I and whomever travels with me, would get the full training as we would have if we took the 1 & 2 classes individually.

Bob

Robert
        Participant

Max did a similar one in Georgia in October. Having done Combat Patrol I think it was nice to have one full day devoted to Ambush and another full day devoted to raid. Much more iterations and I got a lot more out of it.

Max
          Keymaster

Now that is an interesting point. The 6 day is a cut down patrol class, with an ambush day and an attack day. We could make it a HEAT 1/ 2 complete combination. In fact it would not need to be 8 days, but 7, because day 1 of the 4 day HEAT 2 is in fact HEAT 1 revision, mixed with theory, for those who are coming back after however long a split between classes.

We do spread some of the theory onto day 1 of the 4 day, but with a 7 day we could add a little to the final day of the 4 day HEAT 1 portion, for example. There are options here.

What are other thoughts, particularly from those thinking of attending? 6 days, 7 days, or a complete 8?

Max
            Keymaster

Also, I partially put this class on as a substitute for Idaho this year, which I had to cancel mainly due to family commitments. The combined classes historically attracted students with long distances. Anyone from left side going to attend this? Because the flip side is that I put the 6 day up, but without sufficient interest by 3 months out, it will be cancelled or changed. I want to see if we still have the interest for these combined classes. Or, my kids need me at home.

Bob
              Participant

Since I started this discussion……..my preference would be the full 8 days or possibly the 7 days. Even if it stays at 6, I will be coming. Even though it is a 3 day travel, one way, I want the training. It would be nice for it to be the 7 or 8, as I would really want the patrolling part. It has been quite a few years since I was in the green machine.

I understand that the kids need you at home! B-) Thankfully mine are all grown up, moved out, and have started families of their own. Grandkids……..WooHoo! :good:

Bob

Bob
                Participant

Another thought came to mind. How many people do you need interested/signed up, for whichever version of the class will be, for you to not cancel it?

Bob

A_A_Ron2guns
                  Participant

I know a lot of the factors to consider is other people that can’t get away for longer periods and some will underestimate how exhausting 8 days is. It won’t kill you but I know after classes I’m exhausted.

wheelsee
                    Participant

I know a lot of the factors to consider is other people that can’t get away for longer periods and some will underestimate how exhausting 8 days is. It won’t kill you but I know after classes I’m exhausted.

There is a certain amount of mental fatigue involved also. Some pick up things faster than others. In medical, if we’re dealing with new knowledge, skills, then the application of those skills, 32-40 hours seems to be a limit for many, before actions start becoming a jumbled mess. Again, not all will have this problem.

This is one of the areas that Max excels at – he knows how far to push each of the students, so that everyone gains something.

Max
                      Keymaster

I have adjusted the class to a 7 days, Monday – Sunday. This means that nothing of HEAT 1 & 2 will be missed. The first day pf HEAT 2, the 4 day, is usually revision of HEAT 1 concepts.

Bob
                        Participant

7 days………WooHoo! :yahoo: :yahoo:

I’m upping my PT! :yes:

See you in May! :yahoo:

Bob

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.