Clarification on the Founding Alumni Status
I have had a few questions over the price change that is coming with MVT Classes, and the Founding Alumni concept. The original post is here to review the details:
What is happening is that MVT prices are going to go up to be more on par with market rates, for classes that are not already scheduled i.e. new classes in 2017. Classes that are already scheduled will not change price.
What is the Founding Alumni thing?
You are a Founding Alumni if you have already trained with MVT. Basically, I am grandfathering all current alumni in with a discount off the future training prices. I am doing this to be nice to all those that have trained over the past 3.5 years that MVT has been in operation. If you have already trained at MVT, you are now a Founding Alumni, and have to do nothing except come back and train!
What is the November 10 thing?
Because rates are going up, I am giving people until November 10 to get themselves in as Founding Alumni, and earn the discount (20%) for life. It’s a last chance at becoming Founding Alumni and being locked into the 20% Founding Alumni discount. So if you have not trained yet, but:
- Book and pay for a class before November 10.
- That is book/pay only – the class may be scheduled after Nov 10.
- Pay a $400 deposit towards the soon to be scheduled 2017 training schedule.
- Booking any 2016 classes after Nov 10, and booking any of the currently scheduled classes in 2017, or paying a deposit ($400) towards the 2017 schedule (soon to be published – getting ducks in a row) BEFORE NOV 10, gets you Founding Alumni Status.
Once you lock in Founding Alumni Status, you get a 20% discount towards the new 2017 class prices (prices are in the linked original post). Also, if you as a Founding Alumni bring a non-alumni to class, a fresh student, you will get a further 20% to make a 40% discount off your class.
Those who book after November 10th as new students, going forward, will obviously become alumni but will not be considered Founding Alumni and will thus not get any discounts for repeat classes, barring special offers that I may put out (I never do).
Classes on the current schedule that will get you Founding Alumni status for booking, if you book/pay $400 prior to November 10, are as follows:
- Oct 27 (Thu): Rifle Skills.
- Oct 28 – 30 (Fri – Sun): Combat Team Tactics – 2 spaces available.
- Oct 28 (Fri): Night Firing.
- Nov 5 – 6 (Sat – Sun): Combat Rifle Skills – 4 spaces available.
- Nov 12 – 13 (Sat – Sun): Combat Rifle Skills – MVT West (Spokane, WA) –6 spaces available.
- Nov 12 (Sat): Night Firing – MVT West (Spokane, WA).
- Nov 17 (Thu): Rifle Skills.
- Nov 18 – 20 (Fri – Sun): Combat Team Tactics – 4 spaces available.
- Nov 18 (Fri): Night Firing.
- Dec 3 – 4 (Sat – Sun): Defensive Concealed Handgun – 5 spaces available.
- Dec 9 (Fri): MVT Run n Gun / FoF CQB – space available – no limits on Run n Gun. 18 on the CQB.
- Dec 10 – 11 (Sat – Sun): Force on Force (FoF) Team Tactics – spaces available, 18 student max!
- Feb 17 – 20: Texas 4 Day Combat Team Tactics. – 4 spaces available
- Feb 22 – 26: Texas 5 Day Combat Team Tactics / Mobility. – 6 spaces available
- Feb 28 – Mar 3: Texas 4 Day Combat Patrol. – FULL
- Mar 4 – 5: Texas 2 Day CQB / FoF Team Tactics. – 4 spaces available
- Apr 2 – 9: MVT Combat Leader Course. – Open
I confusion still remains, please ask in comments. Also, to review the original email, here it is: