What Sheriff Jenkins (Culpeper County) actually said

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces What Sheriff Jenkins (Culpeper County) actually said

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

I will see if this FB link will work here.

I was at both these meetings. You have to listen to what he actually says. I had high hopes – I voted for this guy. Then as I listened I realized he was full of it. He acrually says at one point that ‘his oath’ meant he had to obey what comes down from the legislative session. WTF? His oath is to the Constitution!

Perhaps he should read the VCDL / GOA legal response to AG Herring on sanctuary counties (posted here on the forum) to get an idea of what is right and wrong concerning the Constitution?!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3101719736509541&id=137062862975258

wildbill
        Participant

Sheriff’s are the highest ELECTED law enforcement officers in the country they are beholden to their friends and neighbors in their country NOT to some politicians in the state capital. The sheriff’s Oath to the Constitution overrides any state, local or federal “law” that is in violation of the Constitution.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by wildbill.
          wildbill
          Participant

What did I mean by putting law in quotes, any law in violation of the U.S. Constitution is no law at all because there is a misunderstanding or outright ignoring of the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution.

Article VI, Clause II – This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby…

“made in Pursuance thereof” part makes any act not following the Constitution no law at all i.e. ALL “laws” infringing on the 2nd Amendment are in violation of the Constitution. So why are they still on the books because politicians and judges violate the Constitution all the time and we do nothing.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by wildbill.
            marksAman
            Participant

Agreed this is preposterous. Unfortunately, it seems that when it comes down to the wire, most individuals are going to do whatever the people who pay them tell them to do. And yes, ultimately the taxpayers are paying LEO and politicians salaries, however we rarely have any control of the funds once they are stolen from us.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.