Virginia Citizens Defense League Latest Newsletter (Post Election)

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces Virginia Citizens Defense League Latest Newsletter (Post Election)

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 304 times
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster
        Pinky
        Participant

agree. For those not aware, when/if tyranny passes, they will be in the fight on the legal side, and it is expensive. If you join, throw a few $ towards the forthcoming festivities.

Lobby Day will be in January again; if you have not been, you need to go. There are proposals to make it a “will not comply” rally outdoors instead, but we’ll see. Either way, our overlords use that as a measuring stick vs. the professional protestors. Last January, I think we had around ~500 (maybe?) from VCDL vs. 5+ chartered busses with Moms Demand Action stooges, all wearing matching shirts, with professionally made sides and organizers with clipboards, etc.

A couple other things for Virginians:
          1. look up your Sheriff and contact them to inquire how they feel about enforcing unconstitutional laws. The Virginia Sheriffs Association page has a lookup: https://vasheriff.org/sheriffs-resources/va-sheriffs-directory/
          2. Look up your Commonwealth Attorney – THEY MATTER as they choose which laws to prosecute. To prove that fact, see: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/pac-funded-by-george-soros-pumps-nearly-1-million-into-local-races-for-prosecutor/2019/06/04/c2df1b08-86f0-11e9-a491-25df61c78dc4_story.html
          3. contact your local city/county board/supervisor and let them know your thoughts on unconstitutional state laws. Campbell County is our first 2A Sanctuary County in VA. I suspect there will be more, but this needs to be pushed by citizens.

Get involved.

RobRoy
          Participant

What Pinky said. I’ve called my local reps on occasion and believe it or not instead of the usual angry rant I actually stated my opposition to certain bills, thanked them for listening then in my way I apologized that we in the 2A community have not done a better job of claiming the high ground in the culture versus the disreputable opposition.

Max
            Keymaster

I wrote in to the VCDL and they asked if I was available for Local Government and Local Sheriff liaison. I said I was. I will see what becomes of this. At the very least it may mean some better liaisons / relationships in Culpeper County. The Sheriff professes to be pro-2A so we can see what potential we have to be a 2A sanctuary county.

I’ll keep you updated.

Anonymous
              Inactive

Still kind of amazed to see this unfolding so quickly, I was talking to a Virginian at the Chantilly gun show back in September and he assured me Virginia was still conservative enough they didn’t have to worry about Maryland-style gun control any time soon. So much for denialism.

Good luck y’all. :good:

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.