Video on Royal Military Academy Sandhurst

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Combat Media Video on Royal Military Academy Sandhurst

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Max. This post has been viewed 252 times
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

We had a discussion at class, about how the British vs. U.S. Army selects and trains officers. Here is a video summary of Sandhurst. Sandhurst is a year long and is the ‘basic training’ of the British Army officer, at which point you are commissioned. After that you go on to special to arms training. For infantry, that is the Platoon Commanders Battle Course. For Parachute Regiment insert selection and airborne training into that.

Max
        Keymaster

Here’s a bit on the Platoon Commander’s Battle Course. I included footage form the Platoon Sergeants course, because they are very similar in terms of the live exercises.

wesmc
          Participant

Check those big battle belts! Looks like those may have inspired my first generation battle belt?

Max
              Keymaster

Those are gen Brit Belt Kits. Still very much in use and not going away soon. Excellent fro dismounted infantry work. I don’t recommend them for much of what we do.

JohnnyMac
              Participant

Here’s a bit

Max, Section Leader = Squad Leader, right?

Max
                  Keymaster

Yes.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.