Video Evidence: Max YELLING at Class!!!

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Video Evidence: Max YELLING at Class!!!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Lloyd
        Participant

Puts things into perspective! Teaching, not “yelling”.

Hessian
          Participant

I believe the long drawn out STOP was max yelling? Otherwise it sounded like good instructing by Max.

It was also quite refreshing to hear an instructor not shouting a string of profanities.

Civilianresponder
            Participant

He only yells because he cares. :heart:

dave37
              Participant

He was in a bad mood because somebody said something disrespectful about tea.

HEAT 1 2017
                Intro to CQB 2017
                Texas HEAT 2 2018
                Operation TeaSinker 2019
                Combat Leader Course 2019
                Team Coyote
                Team Rekkr
                Team Cowbell

JohnnyMac
                Participant

Nice, this provides a good perspective for class for students

Nice second round team 1.

Something for everyone to think about, is as this was a drill, with rehearsals, everyone knew what was going on (enemy location, strength and posture) and what the unit’s response was going to be (presumably hasty attack). There’s always a point of decision for the unit leader in terms of evaluating the situation and taking a course of action. The ability of the unit leader to perform a quick combat estimate and effectively execute his plan with limited knowledge (you always wish you had more!) can’t be understated here.

Just something to think about as we discuss drills transitioning into the real world.

Luckily for us, MVT offers numerous opportunities for force on force training to experience those things, especially the Combat Leaders Course.

One thing I wished I would of practiced in the squad attack drill was moving positions slightly when I was support by fire on that drill.
                  This might be overkill but I think somebody with UTM/gas airsoft/paintball guns could be behind the firing line shooting in front of a student when they are prone to signify that they need to shift to a new position.
                  Like this video: https://youtu.be/vS6pigvzn7w
                  Except not full retard Russian training, just something to help people’s imagination of getting pinned down by an MG42.

Robert
                  Participant

Max yelled? I missed it….

This is a serious subject folks, not learning how to golf. I’d be wasting training money if I spent it with an instructor that didn’t take it seriously. The passion for the subject shows through. :good:

This might be overkill but I think somebody with UTM/gas airsoft/paintball guns could be behind the firing line shooting in front of a student when they are prone to signify that they need to shift to a new position.

With a small number of people I have trained with for years, I did something similar one time firing at them with an airsoft while they engaged targets from cover with live rounds. Suddenly people took the subject of taking and using cover more seriously after that. I would NOT recommend that anyone do that however.

Someone told me there is/was little remote controlled toy tanks that shoot airsoft BB’s. You could possibly use those to simulate the returning of fire.

It’s always interesting to see the difference between people’s actions at Heat1 versus FOF. Heat 1 most people take a knee when engaging “Ivan”, at FOF or CLC, you see a lot more actually going prone.

In FoF last week I was hugging the ground and low crawling in position. The first few rounds I was internally freaking out cause the guns felt real and there was “fire” coming back which all helped me visualize the point that Max made in the video.

Lloyd
                    Participant

:good:

FOF is definitely where it all comes together, and all that talk about seeking cover, crawling, etc starts to MEAN something!

RobRoy
                      Participant

Good video, the next video up to play after it was the 25 minute vid Max did on taking cover and moving as a solitary combatant onto a position held by 4 Ivans. Well worth watching.

May I add that having an experienced battle buddy would have really helped an already great production using the two cameras to capture Max using the terrain.

trailman
                        Participant

Flashbacks

wesmc
                          Participant

Because sometimes even the best of us need a boot in the ass. :good:

Viewing 12 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.