VA Lobby day

View Latest Activity

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Ronin42
      Participant

As most of you are aware, Virginia civil defense league is organizing a pro 2a rally in Richmond on the 20th.

I was curious if anyone was able to, or willing go?
        I saw a few postings from max about this, but I didn’t see anything about planning to go, or organizing anyone from here to go.
        There may be something posted, I just may have missed any recent ones.

I’m curious to see if anyone has any thoughts aside from security concerns, and was interested in going.

I was planning to go, and I’m hoping to possibly learn a few things for when it hits in GA, may have a decent idea of what to expect (from people, counter protesters, agencies, etc.)

Sorry if I’ve been quiet. I’ve had a long year with financial problems, which can be very distracting.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I am sure there are some who plan to attend. Whether they want to come forward is their choice.

I’m curious to see if anyone has any thoughts aside from security concerns, and was interested in going.

As someone who has experience analysing threats, there is insufficient information to make anything beyond a guess at this time. Too many unknowns.

I’ve heard of people who plan to bring their families along, I personally consider this to be extremely foolish given the demonstrated tension.

If one is to believe some of the internet hype, I believe there is a significant chance for violence, but with out more information I can not quantify that assessment.

With some guestimates of attendance possibly over 100,000 people, at those numbers there is no way to be secure if things went bad.

I was planning to go, and I’m hoping to possibly learn a few things for when it hits in GA, may have a decent idea of what to expect (from people, counter protesters, agencies, etc.)

While I wouldn’t endorse anyone attending, it is a matter of personal choice.

My opinion is they don’t need anyone without close Virginia ties attending. While this is transforming into a protest, it was intended to be an opportunity for Virginians to lobby their Representatives.

If we are to believe some of the online trolls, there maybe an element looking to start something. Again with tensions high, angry people, and a large number of armed citizens (most with insufficient training) it wouldn’t take much to go bad.

I certainly wouldn’t attend alone and I highly suggest having planned options for a variety of scenarios would be prudent.

It will be interesting whether attended or watched online.

For what it’s worth. ;-)

Ronin42
          Participant

Thanks,
            To be honest, I wasn’t planning on bringing family.
            I remember an anecdote about the “civil war”.. something about the locals and their families watching from the next hill over while the armies fought, expecting a show. only to get shot at on one of the first serious battles.
            hope it’s not an omen…

I know it’s not my fight, and I don’t intend to, but I’d like to show support, and it’s not too far from me. Close enough to drive.
            The plan was to stick to edges if it looks dicey. I not in any position for a fight, atm. Trying to get a few people to go with, but they aren’t wanting to leave the comfy couch.
            I don’t like the idea of going alone, not in the least.
            Have a few routes picked out in case, and a map for reference.
            Probably a bit much, but rather be safe than sorry (as I go in to an unknown).

I worry, if I do nothing while my neighbors house burns, then he will not help while mine burns.. that kinda thing.
            After all, Georgia is up to bat soon too.
            Maybe an idealistic thought..

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Probably a bit much, but rather be safe than sorry (as I go in to an unknown).

In my opinion you can not be too prepared!

Even if absolutely nothing happens it’s good practice/training.

If something does happen it might prevent your permanent stay in Virginia.

Ronin42
              Participant

This is true. I’ll be cautious.

rampantraptor
                Participant

Since my previous plans for the year got droned alongside Qassem this week I might go out of solidarity with the Virginians since I’ll be free, if this shit passes without resistance in Virginia Maryland damn sure will take up any of these proposals they haven’t passed already. Less concerned about a black swan event than finding parking, even if some asshole lights the place up my original plans involved the possibility of me getting shot at anyway, wouldn’t be my first time.

Though to be fair I’m a Baltimoron and used to living in a steady state of civil unrest and gun violence sooo…

Also I usually get my 30-rounders at the Chantilly gun show and when that’s gone then I’ll have a pain in the ass time finding scattered gun shops in Pennsylvania to find mags at since gun shows aren’t a thing up there.

That being said, all jokes aside if I go I am bringing an IFAK with what medical gear I do have, just in case.

trailman
                  Participant

You need to just find a like minded individual on PA and coordinate with him.

Also there is a bill going into the GA this year modified from last year requiring background checks for all private sales/transfers of long guns.

Expect it to pass because they have veto override, although the a$$hole Hogan will probably sign it.

SeanT
                    Keymaster

I have friends and family in PA and go up several times a year….. ;-)

Ronin42
                      Participant

<Also there is a bill going into the GA this year modified from last year requiring background checks for all private sales/transfers of long guns.

Expect it to pass because they have veto override, although the a$$hole Hogan will probably sign it.>

That half of my concern.
                        I’m I GA nowadays, so I’m curious as what I can expect.
                        Like most, I suspect VA is a test ground, so I’m trying to see all I can. Itll come my way soon, and I’m closer to Atlanta than id like…..

trailman
                        Participant

Sorry GA
                          Maryland general Assembly

Spencer
                          Participant

Here’s a YouTube vid that might have some useful info on Richmond street-level logistics.

“Virginia’s 2A Rally on Jan 20th – Here’s a Preview From the Streets!”

I don’t endorse the commentary. If nothing else, you can speed up the video and watch the guy walk through the streets in and around the General Assembly building.

Also, there are some interesting comments that might contain useful information.

DCH 10/2019
                            H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

Lloyd
                            Participant
                              Max
                              Keymaster
                                Spencer
                                Participant

Good info Max, thanks! The street closings mentioned, even to pedestrians, are going to complicate things.

DCH 10/2019
                                  H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

D Close

Report: Governor Northam to declare emergency banning guns from capitol grounds.

Gov. Northam to declare temporary emergency banning all weapons from Capitol grounds

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Spencer
                                    Participant

Banning guns because a woman was killed in Charlottesville with a car, perfect leftist reasoning; the conclusion does not follow the premise.

Imagine being this scared little man quivering in his castle…I wouldn’t trade places with him for all the gold that used to be in Fort Knox.

DCH 10/2019
                                      H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.