US Naval Installation Attacks

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces US Naval Installation Attacks

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      D Close

There have been two this week. Neither seem to be related.

This appears to be a terror attack. Green on blue? Our Saudi friends again.
        NAS Pensacola:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/06/report-6-saudis-detained-after-pensacola-shooting-including-3-who-filmed-attack/

Naval Shipyard Pearl Harbor
        This event appears to be a disgruntled sailor.

https://www.wavy.com/news/national/pearl-harbor-shooting-unfolded-in-23-seconds-in-packed-area/

Both occurred on bases with strict policy against concealed carry weapons. Essentially gun-free zones except for criminals or those who defy the rules.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by D Close.
        Joe (G.W.N.S.)

What drives me nuts about such incidents is the military having to rely on Local civilian LEO’s to save them.

Insanity!

Today being Pearl Harbor day it always amazes me that the limited ground fire wouldn’t even be possible today as all the weapons would have been locked up and with most ammunition in yet another locked location.

Consider what a well equipped and motivated terrorist group could accomplish with just a few squads?

Add a few heavy dump/cement trucks racing down the flightline of the typical military airfield and entire squadrons of aircraft could be destroyed.

Back in the day Marcinko’s “Red Cell” showed how vulnerable bases were and the solution was to get rid of Marcinko. :wacko:

fabio
          Participant

I’m told the Columbia sailor was going through a disciplinary procedure. One accusation is that “anger issues” was part of reason for discipline. It can be asked why he was issued weapons and tasked with security during this procedure.

I’ll be on site in after alumni weekend and possibly get more information.

Healthhokie
            Participant

Dont they have armed Shore Patrol on these bases???

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Dont they have armed Shore Patrol on these bases???

There are various types of Military Police and DOD civilian. Basically can’t be everywhere combined with insufficient numbers.

The latest “solution” is to change laws allowing foreign military members from legally buying firearms! :wacko:

What a joke!

Someone wanting to do this will not be deterred by such nonsense!

Consider the attacks that have occurred overseas by our partner forces. The only solution is more armed personnel and even that will only minimize such events.

The funniest thing I heard was do we really want to turn our bases into armed camps?

A military base should already be an armed camp!

First Sergeant

Security on most installations is a joke. It’s kabuki theater to make people “feel” like they are safe.

FILO
                  Signal Out, Can You Identify
                  Je ne regrette rien
                  In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Security on most installations is a joke. It’s kabuki theater to make people “feel” like they are safe.

Yep!

Back in the day Marcinko’s “Red Cell” showed how vulnerable bases were and the solution was to get rid of Marcinko.

…and if you voice that too loud while active, you get destroyed!

First Sergeant

Yep!

Back in the day Marcinko’s “Red Cell” showed how vulnerable bases were and the solution was to get rid of Marcinko.

…and if you voice that too loud while active, you get destroyed!

Yep.

There is a reason some of us ignored regulations when it came to being armed on post.

FILO
                      Signal Out, Can You Identify
                      Je ne regrette rien
                      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

There is a reason some of us ignored regulations when it came to being armed on post.

I wouldn’t know about any such actions! (Sarcasm!)

B-)

Just like I wouldn’t know about keeping my pistol chambered, when told to carry condition three. ;-)

RobRoy
                        Participant

It’s always theatre, Lebanon 83, that was all crap theatre for the idiots in this country to read about peacekeeping gentle folk called Marines. Problem being I was active duty then and my Lt. had a good buddy in the grunts over there and he sent letters back from there with vivid stories of lighting up this or that bunch of idiots prior to the bombing of the undefended HQ/bunkhouse.

So anyway when I heard the news in 83 my choice of careers was settled. Point being which I tell youngins is that your life and well being is subordinate to the political considerations of the dolts of the day. So so who do the politicians try to placate today? SJW purple haired head cases.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.