Three Percent

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Three Percent

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Just wanted to get your opinions on the 3% “organization”. Is it legit? Or is it just some weird guy pretending he is the voice of every patriot in America? To me it seems he reckons himself to be someone important.

Corvette
        Participant

Didnt know there was a leader.
          Just thought the III% patches were statement of sentiment and willingess. :unsure:

Max
          Keymaster

I would say “A” voice not “The” voice. He certainly doesn’t speak for me. No one does. I will give him and those like him credit for standing up. It makes for a target.

Corvette
            Participant

I’d agree that the III% is leaderless, nationally at least. Mike Vanderbough (Sipsey Street Irregulars) started the concept. Since then, there are probably a half dozen individuals who claim to speak for the III%. (Especially on Facebook with all the III% “leaders”.)

The III% as a movement is legit, though. I see Molon Labe stuff all the time, and am starting to see a lot more III-oriented propaganda. If these people knew the III% movement existed in name and concept in real life, they would be wearing III stuff, too.

Thing is, until ‘that day’ arrives, no one is really III% – we’re all just willing (or apparently willing) to volunteer to become a III%er. Until you raise arms in defense, you aren’t really a III%er and to claim otherwise shows a lack of respect for our Colonial ancestors, in my opinion. I guess the action/support argument is just semantics. But the point is that we exist and are serious about our God-given rights.

Most people don’t even realize that they’re going to become the modern III%, not in name at least. It’s a really great unifying concept that we can rally around.

As for “that voice,” depends to which guy you’re referring. Some voices are better than others.

Corvette
              Participant

Mike V is a really cool dude .. He does stand up for what America used to mean.

Really speaks truth to power also to the point where I dont think he is safe to set foot in CT or NYS.
                There are no warrants for him there at this time, but those are not a places he should casually visit.

Suspect1
                Participant

I have seen both Mike V. (who seems to have coined the term) and Sam K. (who while of ? past, has not done anything that is “wrong” in my book, and seems to do a lot right) on the interwebs. Those two seem to have an axe to grind, and there are supporters, and detractors of each who sport the III% title. I consider myself on of the III%, though I will never swear allegiance to either of the above. I heard an MSM (national-MSNBC, and local-NBC affiliate) mention the III% in a Bundy report, along with the words domestic terrorist. I know that I do sympathize with our founders, not the G.W.’s or T.J’s (though they embody an ideal of the wealthy who were willing to lose their wealth), but a sympathy for the regular continental militia Joe, who had enough sense to see that injustice would continue unless he himself was willing to take up arms and fight. Not for himself, but for the future opportunity of his progeny. If it really was only 3% who fit that description, then I hope history will count me among the second iteration of the III%.

Corvette
                  Participant

General Jonathan Glover and his son in law Nicholas Broughton were colonial militia who fought from the Battle of Boston as militia , joined Washingtons army and stayed in until it was over.

Great great great … grandfathers of mine. I live today in a 250 year old home owned by those ancestors. My parents raised me to believe they were heroes.

I walk my dogs past a few homes ( mine included ) in which there were Sons of Liberty living in once.

I owe it to them and to step up if the day comes.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.