The Awesome Must Have Gear Item!

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Night Operations The Awesome Must Have Gear Item!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster
        Corvette
        Participant

Yeah, I’m gonna get another one.

eric
          Participant

Question. How well does it balance? Do you need a counterweight on the back side to offset the weight of the nods?

Corvette
            Participant

Question. How well does it balance? Do you need a counterweight on the back side to offset the weight of the nods?

I find it’s not as bad as a helmet because the mount is much closer to your head so the weight isn’t as far forward. So it’s much better in that aspect and you can get away with no ballast if you cinch it down good. However a counter balance is always a good idea with NODs. I’m working on retro fitting all of my head gear. You wouldn’t think it’s that hard but man its time consuming and expensive!

The nightcap really shines in its ability to always be there. I carry my NODs in an issued canteen pouch and this thing is perfect to crumple up and fill in the space with padding so it protects the NODs and doesn’t let it fall out. I love mine.

eric
              Participant

Good to hear. I initially went with a cheap helmet it’s basically like a ‘tactical’ skateboard helmet nice and light but I am not really happy with it.

I think I will invest in one. I like the concept to minimize bulk and weight. Since the only time I would wear the helmet is while using nods. And it’s a pain to pack and utilities a lot of pack room.

I also keep my nods packed in my battlebelt so this gear just makes sense

Thanks for the review and reply.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.