Virginia – “Assault” weapon ban bills pre-filed

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces Virginia – “Assault” weapon ban bills pre-filed

• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 5 days, 6 hours ago by BILLY. This post has been viewed 507 times
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Pinky
      Participant

I attempted to post this TWICE and both disappeared, so hopefully they don’t all show up.

Today, the reds pre-filed house and senate “assault weapons” ban bills. They are every bit what was anticipated: if it is semi-auto (pistol or rifle) and is capable of taking a 10 round or larger mag, it is banned and a felony to possess. It also looks like shotguns with pistol grips and/or extended tubes are on the list. What is left “legal” appears, for now, to be revolvers, single shot shotguns and rifles.

House Bill 2: http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+HB2
        Senate Bill 16: http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB16

Note that HB1 is “absentee voting, no excuses” (i.e top priority is to stay in charge via voter fraud, second priority is to disarm us). I encourage all to look at the list of bills: http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+lst+ALL to see what their priorities are. Things like…ban guns, make sure voter fraud is easy, minimum wage hike, ERA, gay marriage stuff, removal of gendered language from bills, change constitution to remove man and woman from marriage definition, abortion everywhere, plastic bag tax, legalize pot, etc.

Welcome to tyranny. I look forward to spirited discussions in meat space.

Max
        Keymaster

December 14th at the Alumni day / weekend, VTC.

Any forum members here from Culpeper County and want to help with the push to be a 2A sanctuary?

wildbill
          Participant

Second Amendment sanctuary

Appomattox County declares itself a ‘Second Amendment sanctuary.

Following a trend rippling across Virginia counties, Appomattox County has declared itself a “Second Amendment Sanctuary,” uniting behind its intention to “oppose unconstitutional restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms.”

The declaration comes in the wake of Campbell County’s Nov. 7 resolution naming itself a “Second Amendment Sanctuary” — inspired by Carroll County’s similar resolution in April. Several other localities across the state plan to consider the topic in coming weeks.

The Appomattox County Board of Supervisors unanimously passed the resolution to the applause of the more than 100 people who had crammed into the board room Monday night. Every seat was filled, and dozens stood against the walls of the room to show support for the resolution.

JMF
            Participant

My wife mentioned that Shenandoah county was having a Board Meeting on 11/26/2019 at 7:00 pm to discus becoming a 2a Second Amendment sanctuary. Unfortunately, I don’t use facebook and can’t confirm it on the county website or anywhere else for that matter.

ariel
                Participant

From the VCDL FB page:

Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Mike Q
                Participant

Okay reading through the senate bill here is what I’ve gleaned.

the best is this line of bullshit. The political subdivision gets all they want.

B. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) the manufacture by, transfer to, or possession by the Commonwealth or a department, agency, or political subdivision of the Commonwealth; (ii) the transfer to or possession by a law-enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement; or (iii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law-enforcement agency and who is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition transferred to the individual by the law-enforcement agency upon his retirement of such firearm magazines.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Mike Q.
                    Anonymous
                    Inactive

Okay reading through the senate bill here is what I’ve gleaned.

the best is this line of bullshit. The political subdivision gets all they want.

B. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) the manufacture by, transfer to, or possession by the Commonwealth or a department, agency, or political subdivision of the Commonwealth; (ii) the transfer to or possession by a law-enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement; or (iii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law-enforcement agency and who is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition transferred to the individual by the law-enforcement agency upon his retirement of such firearm magazines.

They always do this shit when they pass the law, keeps the police happy because they get to keep their toys even if everyone else’s rights are infringed, it’s the same in Maryland. Remember a lot of police in liberal districts buy into the “Only police and military should have guns” rhetoric too.

Mike Q
                    Participant

I get the police always are exempt. It was the political subdivision section I saw which is bullshit. However, now that I think about it, perhaps that could be the loophole we exploit. What is “political subdivision of the Commmonwealth”? Is the VCDL a political subdivision?

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

How about these 2nd Amendment sanctuary communities just hire all the lawful members of their community as LEO’s for the annual salary of $0.01 :yes:

Sitting Duck
                        Participant

How about these 2nd Amendment sanctuary communities just hire all the lawful members of their community as LEO’s for the annual salary of $0.01 :yes:

Here in Post SAFE act NY, reserve officer status is a big money maker. If you want to buy an AR or keep your information (edit) UN-(end edit)published with pistol permit, becoming a Reserve Officer is about the only option. Donations and volunteer hours depend on who you are and what you can give. An annual six digit donation, use of an airplane, free events at upscale restaurants has gotten an 80 year old Reserve Officer not only a badge but a take home car in our county.

Anonymous
                          Inactive

Bring the sheriff down to town hall and swear everyone in as a member of his posse, you’ve instantly created a unified county militia lmao

chant8tones
                            Participant

Sad news – what’s the likelihood of these not passing?

71Sierra
                              Participant

Based on my read, LE can only have toys in the line of duty. Doesn’t look like a provision for not duty use.

FAUQUIER COUNTY:

2A Sanctuary Hearing – Board of Supervisors Session 12.12.2019 at 18:30 10 Hotel Street Warrenton VA.

All are welcome. If there is a post of other counties hearings, I’ll try to show for those too. The numbers make a statement. VCDL reported over 1000 at Shenandoah County meeting.

Lobby Day 1.20.2020 in Richmond coordinated by VCDL.

I still say 500k citizens with ARs over the shoulder just off the Gov’s grounds would send a real message.

Chris OSOM

gramma
                                Participant

Just checked VCDL’s webpage – 23 counties have passed sanctuary resolutions. And you don’t need to be a Va resident to join; their annual fee is quite reasonable. My late hubby was a long-time member.

BILLY
                                  Participant

Reader Letter: Second Amendment Sanctuary Resolutions in Virginia

Good article discussing the need to push for more than resolutions from various counties. Points out humorously how the resolutions being passed carry the same legal weight as the resolutions passed to commend an EMT for great service to the county. The sheriffs are key! Nail them down and specifically ask “what will you instruct your deputies to do if the state police try to enforce these laws if passed”

Viewing 12 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.