Survival Bow, "Roll"

View Latest Activity

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

The flechings are preserved by this case. They wont be crushed when rolled up properly. This is more practical for me then a tube. Its quiet, less bulky and all around I suspect will be easier to manage. Its made by cutting up a Russian Shelter Half and having at it under the sewing machine..

Andrew
        Participant

Ingenious! :good:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

That’s what I like to see; Bergmann does it all the time, when you have a need make something yourself!

This demonstrates self-sufficiency, next time you need something consider making a solution vice buying one. :yes:

Corvette
            Participant

Thank you both.. This has been a learning experience..

.I tried the tube deal.. It was madness and I had to store the bow components elsewhere and that compromised organization and readiness. I was smashing the feathers with all the components stored in the tube and it was all a mess inside the tube when it was all stored together, especially in cold weather…If i have to drop kit and wanted to salvage the bow- having parts stored all over wasn’t an option but a liability. There had to be a better way. To me it was a kin to keeping my ammo mags stashed different places around my kit.. Plus there weren’t enough arrows to justify the size of the tube and the issue stowing it and its bulkiness.. and the rattle noise that seemed immune to my every attempt to silence it because i had to take into account the fletching..If the roll is rolled from the direction intended (it will only close/tie shut when rolled properly) the arrows sit on top of the heavy components.. As stated I think this will work. The “roll” has enough fluff and the arrows sit together nicely, spread out and I don’t see alot of the conflict i had with the tube i was using.. but only all season/all weather dirt time will tell..

Bergmann

wildbill
              Participant

You do realize you are a throwback to an earlier time when as the saying goes you,
                “Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.”

Definitely love your ingenuity and resourcefulness :good:

Corvette
                Participant

Thanks Bill… haha… I appreciate that..

Andrew
                  Participant

Once the economy craters and the current potus is on the new 1 trillion dollar bill a la Zimbabwe, we will probably all be using it up, wearing it out and doing without lots of chit.

Corvette
                    Participant

I live a life of collected experiences over collected things.. Being w/o and making do w/what I have has become who I am… and when I think of things i require I think on the side of what can I do w/ what I have or what will I do when the hammer falls… The topic usually falls into place itself for me..

Bergmann

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.