Steiner Shotgun Mk7 Battle Light

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Gear and Book Reviews Steiner Shotgun Mk7 Battle Light

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I was going to wait until I actually received it before posting, however Robert’s Thread about them raising prices got me thinking to go ahead and do a preliminary post.

The price increase shouldn’t effect this as its a clearance sale item.

Mk7 Battle Light

Handheld or Integrated Shotgun Light
        MSRP was over $200, but we’re selling the last few in our inventory for $56.99.
        Get two or more for $45.00 each! Add to your cart, then use the discount code MK7 when you checkout.

The compact, ergonomic design of this 350-lumen mini-light makes it the perfect tactical shotgun light. A shotgun end cap attaches directly into the magazine tube and replaces the factory spring cap.

Weight 4.1 oz.
        Submersible to 3 meters
        Item No. 9075 – Remington 870/1100/1187
        Item No. 9076 – Mossberg 500
        Item No. 9077 – Beretta 1301
        Item No. 9078 – Benelli M4/Nova

At 350 lumen it is really kinda old school, but Steiner makes really bulletproof products in my experience.

For a shotgun that doesn’t have extended magazine tube or a SBS this seems like a bargain at this price point or even as a handheld backup.

With extended magazine tubes it maybe a bit of a reach for activation with integrated push button switch and no remote option. However as we classify Shotguns as a niche item or backup this may still have value.

The simplicity of design, mounting, and use seems strong and a Steiner product in th $50 range is exceptional in theory.

I almost purchased a used one on eBay for $75 recently, glad I waited. ;-)

No idea how long these will last, but thought it maybe if interest.

Will post more when it arrives and a detailed review will follow.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

One thing about companies like Steiner, they don’t scrimp on packaging! ;-)

It’s not a Pelican case, but way above average.

Pictured below is the Remington 870/1100/1187 replacement endcap/adapter.

Fit and finish is outstanding.

Picture below is Mk7 mounted on a Remington 870.

Will post more details once I’ve had a opportunity to run it through some drills.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

My impression is at this clearance price it is truly an outstanding WML with minor limitations.

Pro:
            Time will tell, but Steiner’s products are generally long lasting.

350 Lumens is sufficient for most shotgun uses.

Center of beam is sufficiently close to POA/POI with Buckshot.

Quality is second to none.

Con:
            Manipulation of on/off button is a bit of reach and could be a problem for those of smaller stature.

On/off button has no momentary setting.

350 Lumens is a bit old school by today’s standards.

Use:
            While it lacks a momentary function, by clicking light on them depressing button a second time and holding it down it replicates a momentary function turning off as soon as second depression is released. While not as intuitive as a momentary it works easily enough.

With minimal familiarity it could function as a defensive/offensive WML though I think it’s best use would be for taking game animals at night where it’s legal.

As a handheld light it is decent and easily works with the Harris technique or if you need a bright utility light.

No flickering during shooting observed, though I only have around 25 standard OO Buck rounds through it using the Remington 870 vice my 1100. The 870’s recoil is much more intense so it’s a better test platform.

It certainly isn’t the most high speed item I own, but it works. ;-)

wheelsee
            Participant

:good: :good:

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.