Smoke.

View Latest Activity

• This topic has 12 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by Max. This post has been viewed 60 times
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

Assuming one would like every advantage possible , especially trying to back out of a contact situation , what do you guys think about smoke grenades ?

And , availability … I see recreational grade smoke makers , but less so with .mil grade grenades.

Max
        Keymaster

If you can get it and you aren’t putting it ahead of more pressing priorities, smoke is definitely something you should keep in your fighting load. Not only for breaking contact but also for visual signalling during a battle drill. If your only means of comms between elements is by radio you can count on the radio crapping out just when you need it most. For that reason flares are another thing to keep in your kit.

JohnyMac
          Participant

I love smoke! Check out Currahee’s video part 6 of 7
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20Xh_zvTUo&list=PLutvsJHZODcTVnk5_JYknYlL5k8gjt7vp

Max
            Keymaster

I often use products from sportsmoke in my training. It is for airsoft, but they do some good effective smoke grenades.
              Just remember that such airsoft/signal smoke is not instant, like a white phos. Thus, to use it for concealment, you have to wait for the smoke to ‘build’.

Max
              Keymaster

While smoke is awesome! CS gas is pretty damn good too. First: check your local laws, and if it is legal in your state (most are legal) I would recommend picking it up. I carry CS gas, signaling smoke, red and green stars, and illum flares.

JohnyMac
                Participant

Doc, I can not find a retailer for CS smoke. Do you have a link or does CS smoke stand for something? The retailer that Currahee lists at the end of his video does not sell different colored smoke, only white.
                  Thanks

Max
                  Keymaster

CS is tear gas bud. They were quite popular on the various “exotic ammo” websites a few years ago. They are a bit rarer now, but you can still find them .

Corvette
                    Participant

. I often use products from sportsmoke in my training. ……

Thanks , I tried a few of their ” little ” ones and was fairly impressed. I’ll try out some of the big ones now.

As for CS grenades – having been on the receiving end of them in MP school in the ’80’s – I would love to find some of them.

Corvette
                      Participant

Aaaahh CS..

I remember once running a CS chamber with my NCO for the entire Infantry Brigade.

Near the end 5-6 days later we had gotten so used to it that I could go inside the chamber and talk to him and give instructions w/o my mask on..

So of course all the troops thought, there was nothing in there and when they took off the mask they took a full breath instead of a shallow one.. Haha good times :yahoo:

When we finally got back from the field after a week (of course no showers and in the same clothes..)….:

when we sat down in the mess hall we were surprised everyone moved away from us.

Thought maybe we were smelly. :scratch:

turns out we had so much crystallized CS on our clothes it started to affect the mess hall and got people tearing up..

When we realized that, we left quickly before the Sergeant Major would get a whiff of things.. :wacko:

Went to town to wash our clothes and went somewhere to pick up some Cokes and pogibait for the field.
                        When we came back to the laundrymat there where 2 firetrucks parked there. :unsure:

I asked (full of suspicions) what had happened…
                        They told us some chemical had spilled but they still figuring out where….. :cry:

We went inside and discreetly :whistle: grabbed our uniforms and beat feet back to post… :bye:

JustARandomGuy
                        Participant

Belated, but another sport smoke grenade maker that I think is worth checking out is Enola Gaye. They have a few different options in differing capacity sizes and release times- so you can get a smoke that will put out a lot of smoke real fast, or slow if you want.
                          Just about every color you could ever want too.

John Langdon
                          Participant

Here is a link to some CS gas for sale. http://www.keepshooting.com/clear-out-6oz-tear-gas-grenade.html

Max
                            Keymaster

Personally Sport Smoke seems to be the best and it comes in 2 sizes. Here is a link to a pretty reasonable source.

http://www.hustlepaintball.com/cgi-bin/hustle.pl

This are the smaller unit which having several smaller units would likely give you more options vs the larger ones.

http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Sport-Smoke-Tactical-Smoke-Grenade-TSG?&search_id=1963771

And here is a like to some videos….
                              http://m.youtube.com/results?q=sport smoke hustle paintball&sm=3

Max
                              Keymaster

Anyone know of decent smoke available to buy in the UK , tried Engola grey and tflx but found both very unreliable.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.