Rasmussen: 59% of Voters Fear Violence from Trump’s Foes

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces Rasmussen: 59% of Voters Fear Violence from Trump’s Foes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Interesting.

Rasmussen: 59% of Voters Fear Violence from Trump’s Foes

Excerpt:

A Rasmussen poll found that voters fear a greater threat of violence from President Donald Trump’s opponents than from his supporters.

“Voters see a bigger threat from President Trump’s opponents over policy issues than from his supporters if Democrats succeed in removing him from office,” Rasmussen observed. “One-in-three still see the threat of civil war in the near future”:

Democrats, the Hollywood elite, and the mainstream media frequently portray Trump and his supporters as intolerant, divisive, and even violent.

According to the survey, however, 59 percent of likely U.S. voters fear it is Trump’s foes who will resort to violence, including 34 percent who are “very concerned.”

“These findings are unchanged from June of last year,” noted Rasmussen.

The poll found 53 percent of likely voters are concerned, including 24 percent who are “very concerned,” that violence will occur if Democrats succeed in removing Trump from office.

As was the case last year, 31 percent of likely voters fear the United States will experience a second civil war within the next five years, including 41 percent of those voters under the age of 40.

More than 60 percent of Republicans fear violence if Trump is removed from office, with 65 percent “very concerned” or “somewhat concerned” that those opposed to the president’s policies will resort to violence.

Rasmussen observed Democrats fear violence more from Trump’s foes:

But Democrats aren’t nearly as worried about Trump’s supporters which helps explain their strong support for the highly partisan impeachment effort. While 40% of Democrats are Very Concerned that those opposed to Trump’s policies will resort to violence, just 18% feel that way about his supporters if the president is removed from office.

The telephone and online survey included the views of 1,000 likely voters and was conducted November 18-19. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95 percent level of confidence.

…but not surprising!

Anonymous
        Inactive

Me myself personally I would have sourced the Rasmussen poll directly (Breitbart is up there with HuffPo as far as loaded statements and weasel words go) but great find nonetheless.

One important discrepancy from the Rasmussen results and the Brietbart article:
          “Over 60% of Republicans fear violence from both those opposed to the president’s policies and those who support him if he is removed from office.”

Worth considering some of the recent rhetoric coming from groups like Oathkeepers.

Caveat: looking at the survey questions themselves, the surveyors only explicitly questioned pollees on the threat of violence by Trump opponents and not supporters so I’m wondering how that affected results, were those conclusions about Trump supporters based on responses? (I might sound asinine going into details like this but this kind of polling is used by political groups, corporations, etc. to sell products and policies all the time.)

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/questions/pt_survey_questions/november_2019/questions_political_violence_and_civil_war_november_18_19_2019

Are Democrats ignorant of the threat of the hard left? Are Patriot groups liable to jump the gun and alienate Republican supporters? Things to think about!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Are Democrats ignorant of the threat of the hard left?

Moderate or old school Democrats are in my opinion.

Are Patriot groups liable to jump the gun and alienate Republican supporters?

I think that is possible for “kooks” on both sides.

As I’ve stated before I believe there is credible evidence that many so called Alt-Right are heavily influenced by elements of Elitist Left. Providing both a boogeyman and potential easily manipulated fallguys.

The Right kooks and the Left kooks demonizing tactics are more than just similar. In its self not proof, but viewed as part of the whole shows enough for caution.

Ultimately kooks are wildcards that could cause problems for all sides.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Breitbart is up there with HuffPo as far as loaded statements…

Given the Left’s almost monopoly on the media I overlook some bias for the Right. ;-)

Besides as I’ve stressed before I do not except any reporting at face value without looking into things for myself from a variety of sources.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.