Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge The local Meeting Spot Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround

Viewing 72 reply threads
  • Author
      DiznNC
      Participant

Hey guys:

Anybody in the Carolinas and surrounding area interested in linking up and training, give us a shout.

Max
        Keymaster

In the RTP area with a few others. We will be working on our own for a while (just getting going), but may want to meet some time once we get a bit more organized.

In the interim, paying attention here.

Atlas Shrug

D Close

Gents, I’m in Hampton Roads. I can travel a few hours for some training as opportunities arise. I also conduct regular firearms and ruck training with my local peeps. If you are up this way, there are numerous exercises that can be planned, including range shooting (out to 300m), rucking, paintball/airsoft FOF, challenge course, PT. The local beer menu is pretty good too.

Max
            Keymaster

located just outside Fort Bragg here, wouldnt mind training locally in NC before I make my way to Romney.

Max
              Keymaster

Goldsboro area. Anyone interested in airsoft using Max’s tactic?

Tater in SC
                Participant

Diz,
                  I’m just “across the border” South of CLT, NC. (MVT Alumni: 3 CRCD, 1 CP & 1 combo CRCD-PC) Also, have several buddies just outside Spartanburg, SC.

Max
                  Keymaster

Western NC here, but get to the coast quite often.

Max
                    Keymaster

Goldsboro here, just getting started in this sorta thing so lacking gear/ knowledge base. I should be in a pretty decent spot next year to start getting actually involved in things.

Max
                      Keymaster

Diz,
                        Located in Piedmont. Respond if you have time to chat.
                        J

Hambone
                        Participant

Here, :30 south of Bragg. Anyone close?

Max
                          Keymaster

Wnc myself, i am alway up for some shooting and training, also enjoy competing shooting. I am a newbie when it comes to the tactical side of things, but have the safe gun handling part down. Let me know if we ever get a meet up going.

Max
                            Keymaster

First post so want to say hello. I’m just north of Charlotte. Have read all of Max’s books but haven’t had a chance to attend any classes yet. Always interested in shooting and meeting new people.

Hambone
                              Participant

Any chance in getting some dates for 2015 to meet and maybe get some training in? Would be nice to train with some guys who’ve been through Max’s courses.

swaugej
                                Participant

Hamer (or others)
                                  I am located in the Piedmont area of NC and I am looking to make connections with like minded individuals. I would be interested in meeting with anybody that is interested in talking over the next few weeks. I would be willing to meet at a site that works for all.

J

Max
                                  Keymaster

Hey guys… New here and just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am out in the eastern part of the state. I didn’t really look to see if there was a thread for people closer to me this one seems to be getting some traction.

I am a former Army Airborne Infantryman and spent some time with the 82nd on my last enlistment. I am actually interested in taking some of Max’s classes kinda like a refresher. Or even find some other guys with the same background to train with. Its been a while for me.

I have actually been doing a little training as of late. Mostly just some “Walking” around my AO trying to drop a little weight. The good thing is I have 700 acres of private land on which I can pretty much do whatever I want. With the exception of “Live Fire and Maneuver”. I do have a 500 yard range in my back yard so I can shoot whenever I want….. when I can afford ammo…

Look forward to meeting some of you guys…

PAP

Max
                                    Keymaster

People’s Republic of Durham here.

jwoop66
                                      Participant

I’m in Greensboro.

DiznNC
                                        Participant

Hey guys:

Look at your schedules and let’s pick a date-time-location to meet up. I would like to train with like-mined individuals, in conjunction to prepping for a MVT course. Let’s just meet, sort ourselves out, and make a list of stuff we need to train on in prep for class. I would say no live fire would be required (initially) just to get all on same page of music. Compare notes, kit, that sort of thing. Just some land to patrol in full kit without freaking out the natives. Night time and even over-night stay would definitely be a plus. I might be able to pull something out of my ass in the Albemarle-to-Fayetteville area, if nobody has anything that would work and/or be agreeable to everyone.

Hambone
                                          Participant

Diz, I’ll try and make the dates. If I can get a couple of weeks heads up. I have no prior military experience, so this will all be new to me. Looking forward to it.

Max
                                            Keymaster

Anyone wanting to attend the next CCH class in Wake County, it will be Feb 28th, p.m. me for details.

Corvette
                                              Participant

Fellas:

Dont be afraid to PM each other to get this thread going again.

A PM will generate a email to the user and will send him to your message.

This thread looks like it has potential lets reactivate it! :yes:

Hambone
                                                Participant

Guys, it’s 2015. Time is getting shorter and shorter. We need to get together somewhere in an area that is close for all. At the rate things are going we need to get ourselves acquainted and get some training dates nailed down. Is there anyone who has some property or access to property we could possibly train up on. It’s time to put this together or we’ll get caught off guard. Who’s in?

DiznNC
                                                  Participant

I’m in. Been on my mind as well.

Will be training with the crew in GA 12-15 MAR but open after that.

Brian from Georgia
                                                    Participant

I’m in. Been on my mind as well.

Will be training with the crew in GA 12-15 MAR but open after that.

Whatcha got going on in GA? Small private group?

Hambone
                                                      Participant

Guys, let’s take a look at the end of April or the first of May. If we can let’s at least meet up and find out where we need to start. Then maybe we can set some training dates and get everyone up to speed. Because some of us, including myself, may be way behind.

DiznNC
                                                        Participant

Yeah I’m helping to train our original group down there, but I’m also interested in getting a group together closer to home. If any guys in GA are interested I’ll ask the guys there if they’d like to meet new folks.

For the Carolinas, it’s a tough one since we’re spread so far apart. I’m thinking maybe somewhere in the Piedmont area might be a good central meeting spot. But it’s gonna depend on where we can get some land to train.

I agree, a meet and greet would be a good idea, even before we get a place to train. Any suggestions? I have a place in mind around me, which seems to be in the middle of most of you guys. The Nichols Store in Rock Hill, SC, has nice big parking lot, snack bar, not to mention lots of gear.

Corvette
                                                          Participant

You have a large (ish) group in this thread thats somewhat close to each other.

Diz, as the OP, if you wanna to take the lead and PM everyone in this group who hasn’t posted in the last couple weeks that might get it rolling.

Let’s make it happen fellas! :good:

Hambone
                                                            Participant

Diz, Rock Hill is about 2.5 hours from here. Are we going to meet there or will that be a training local? I agree a meet is essential. Let’s get that nailed down, then we can make to a training date and locale.

DiznNC
                                                              Participant

Hey Guys:

Back from training weekend. Still want to link up with you guys, just for meet n greet if nothing else. I want to attend a CCT class in the May-June timeframe. Like to tune up everything before that.

PAP1776, approx. location for planning purposes? You may be further east than most but sounds like you have the land.

I would be happy with some ground just to practice dry fire and maneuver. And SUT/patrolling procedures. Live fire would be a plus.

Max
                                                                Keymaster

I am about 30 min east of Washington NC. I know that is a hump for most of you guys. I guess that’s the price you pay for living in the boonies…. :-) I would love to try and come out and do a meet and greet.

I am actually hosting a group of friends this weekend for a shoot and probably some SUT classes. I got a former Marine, an EOD tech and another former Infantryman coming. Plus some civvies… should be a great weekend.

I will keep an eye out for a meet and greet…

PAP1776

DiznNC
                                                                  Participant

Anybody else?

Looking for guys that might want to split gas/ hotel expenses in May/June time frame?

Max
                                                                    Keymaster

I’m in Sampson County and commute to Bragg during the week. I would like to have a training partner in the area that would be able to meet and train at least weekly.

sneakypete
                                                                      Participant

PAP1776, there are a couple of usin northeast NC, up near Moyock, NC just over the VA/NC line. It looks like you might be about a 90 min drive from here. We ought to see about meeting sometime. We recently had a group of 7 from our area attend Max’s CTT class.

Max
                                                                        Keymaster

That’d be cool. I’m attending a CRG pistol class Haw River in May.

• #81770
                                                                          Max
                                                                          Keymaster

Wow – I posted on this thread just shy of a year ago. Not much progress since then, training wise.

As noted, there are a few of us here in the Raleigh-Durham area. Various levels of abilities, but all could use a lot more training – especially together.

Keep your powder dry,
                                                                            Atlas Shrug

• #81771
                                                                            Hambone
                                                                            Participant

EGSMachine, I’m over in Robeson County. I have not been to any of Max’s classes as of yet. Funds are tight at the moment. If you’d like to meet up, we could try and get together. Seems like it’s tough to get guys together. Also, going to need somewhere to train. Any ideas?

• #81772
                                                                              Max
                                                                              Keymaster

Fayetteville area here, been lurking here for a while finally got around to posting.

Hambone, sounds like we’re close. PM me, we can at least meet up in the locally. I know a local range and am always looking for a training partner.

• #81773
                                                                                Hambone
                                                                                Participant

Eddie, not sure if you are getting the pm I sent you. But, sounds good to me we need to exchange emails or decide on a location to meet up.

• #81774
                                                                                  Max
                                                                                  Keymaster

Did this ever pan out? I’m probably at least a few hours from any of you (Western NC), but can and do drive to different parts of the state and would be willing to meet up sometime.

• #81775
                                                                                    Wild Bill
                                                                                    Participant

I’m in the Western NC area surrounded by the Pisgah National Forest similar to MVT in elevation changes. Plan on taking some of Max’s tactical classes this fall and would like to meet up with others for further training/practice after that.

• #81776
                                                                                      Max
                                                                                      Keymaster

Oldsnake, not too far from you here.

• #81777
                                                                                        Wild Bill
                                                                                        Participant

Great to hear, I’m in the Spruce Pine area.

• #81778
                                                                                          Wild Bill
                                                                                          Participant

I’m going to bump this thread and see if we can get anything going, seems to be quite a few people scattered around the state.

I agree, a meet and greet would be a good idea, even before we get a place to train. Any suggestions? I have a place in mind around me, which seems to be in the middle of most of you guys. The Nichols Store in Rock Hill, SC, has nice big parking lot, snack bar, not to mention lots of gear.

So Diz since you started this thread and made the suggestion on the location why not pick several dates next month giving us enough time to boil it down to a single date best for the most people.

Remember people the meeting place for the initial get together doesn’t have to be the training area that can be discussed at the meeting. If you don’t think the meeting area is central enough offer an alternative but there seems to be an interest in getting together so let’s make it happen.

• #81779
                                                                                            Wild Bill
                                                                                            Participant

With Max’s 2016 training emphasis on team training getting together and developing teams makes even more sense. I think we are all in agreement that when the SHTF being out there on your own without a team will not workout very well. So, maybe it’s time to pick a place and a time :yes:

• #81780
                                                                                              Tater in SC
                                                                                              Participant

I’m in. Where? When?

Tater

• #81781
                                                                                                Wild Bill
                                                                                                Participant

GREAT that’s one! :good:

If we get a few more responses I’ll post a link to a poll where people can state there preferences as to date and time; then it will be a matter of picking a good location. Suggestions on locations anyone?

• #81782
                                                                                                  Wild Bill
                                                                                                  Participant

If still interested in meeting in the Piedmont Area of NC, and Surround then let’s go ahead and set a day time and place. :good:

I though that next month is far enough out for people to make plans and weekends will probably work best for most people so here is a calendar that lets you show what day and time works best. Also you might want to add a comment saying where you would be coming from so we could hopefully find a place that works for most people.

• #81783
                                                                                                    DiznNC
                                                                                                    Participant

OK, guys, let’s do this thing. Hit the calendar so we can establish a time/date, then we’ll work on location. I’m thinking somewhere as central as possible, like maybe between Ablemarle and Fayetteville?

It sounds like there’s a few guys here kinda spread out. Maybe we could establish who is closest to who or whatever and get 4-man teams going (like a mutual aid society) and then organize as a CUTT for follow-on training.

Guys this is awesome. I’ve been wanting to do this for ever.

• #81784
                                                                                                      Pinky
                                                                                                      Participant

I might be able to make it. I live west of Richmond. EDIT: F’ville is about 3 hours from here.

Pinky
                                                                                                        jdelong@vt.edu

• #81785
                                                                                                        Wild Bill
                                                                                                        Participant

Okay, looks like the best day(s) for a get together for the most people is Saturday Oct 31st and Saturday November 14th at noon and as Diz pointed out the Ablemarle and Fayetteville area seems central to most. Those that know a good place to meet in either of those areas please PM either Diz or myself.

If we can confirm a place in the next day or so we will go with the 31st if it takes longer to finalize the place then it will be the 14th.

• #81786
                                                                                                          Wild Bill
                                                                                                          Participant

Okay here is the scoop on the Team Planning Meet-up.
                                                                                                            Saturday Oct. 31st at 1300 (1pm)
                                                                                                            Applebees
                                                                                                            517 NC 24/27
                                                                                                            Albemarle, NC
                                                                                                            It is on 24/27 right across from Wal-Mart.

• #81787
                                                                                                            DiznNC
                                                                                                            Participant

It’s right on NC 24/27 as it rolls through Albemarle; although I think the road may be marked NC 24/27 BYP, you never have to turn off the main road. Anyways, it’s on the North side of the road, just across from Wally world. If you are coming from the east and see a great big pumpkin by the south side of the road, you’ve gone too far. If you are coming from the west and see the “Blue Bay” restaurant, you’ve gone too far.

For those of you I haven’t met, I will have my hat with MVT patch on.

Not to get all officer on ya, but make sure and bring a notebook and pen so you can get info from those you want to get in contact with. I think we might be forming several 4-man teams, based on locations. Not that we can’t all RV at some time later.

• #81788
                                                                                                              DiznNC
                                                                                                              Participant

Hey good meet you guys. It was good to see all of you again. I think we covered a lot of ground and got a good start on getting together.

I will be contacting each one of you and seeing what we can line up number next.

Thanks for all of you to take the time out and travel to meet again.

• #81789
                                                                                                                Corvette
                                                                                                                Participant

I know this is an old thread but, here goes.

I am in Wilmington NC. I train in E Town about monthly. Now that forum is private, hope we can talk and would like to meet up with anyone in my area.

Chris

• #81790
                                                                                                                  zeerf
                                                                                                                  Participant

Hey Chris,

If nothing else maybe we can meet someplace between RVA and Wilmington lol. Also thanks for recommending One Second After only a few chapters in and already hooked. Also ordered Patriot Dawn in my last amazon splurge.

Looking into taking CTT yet? I am shooting for November class but still need to clear it with work and get some gear sorted.

On a serious note:
                                                                                                                    Hope you find some closer folks to train with.

-Bryan

• #81791
                                                                                                                    sneakypete
                                                                                                                    Participant

Chris, we may be too far away from you, but I am in the Elizabeth City, NC area near the VA line. It looks like its about a 4 hour drive from you. There is a group of us in the area who are all MVT alumni. We are all preparedness minded and socialize frequently. Unfortunately, it seems all our firearms training tends to be taking courses with Max or the rare ad hoc get togethers to do a 2 man “RTR” drill.

• #81792
                                                                                                                      Atlas Shrug
                                                                                                                      Participant

Still here in the Raleigh area.
                                                                                                                        Still have not been able to make it to WV for a class at VTC.
                                                                                                                        Still have a horribly full schedule.

But I’m still interested….

• #81793
                                                                                                                        wparkinson4
                                                                                                                        Participant

I know this is an old thread but, here goes.

I am in Wilmington NC. I train in E Town about monthly. Now that forum is private, hope we can talk and would like to meet up with anyone in my area.

Chris

Welcome Chris!!! :good:

Chris, we may be too far away from you, but I am in the Elizabeth City, NC area near the VA line. It looks like its about a 4 hour drive from you. There is a group of us in the area who are all MVT alumni. We are all preparedness minded and socialize frequently. Unfortunately, it seems all our firearms training tends to be taking courses with Max or the rare ad hoc get togethers to do a 2 man “RTR” drill.

Hey Pete…. I am between you in Chris…and happen to be good friends with Chris.

I have some old posts above under another name… I kinda fell off for a while.. I still would be open to hosting some sort of get together..

WP4

• #81794
                                                                                                                          sneakypete
                                                                                                                          Participant

WP4, want to discuss this further for sure. I am off to MVT this weekend for a training class, but will get with you on my return. Couple of quick questions, “where is E town” where Chris trains? When you say host a get together, what do you have in mind, social or do you have some land for training?

• #81795
                                                                                                                            sneakypete
                                                                                                                            Participant

WP4, did you post under the name PAP1776? I am trying to get a clear picture of the flow of this old thread and was wondering if you are the same guy posting about having access to a large land area for training near Washington, NC. If so, would like to try and get an idea of the “realm of the possible” for training. There are a lot of ideas surfaced within my group that we just don’t have the land space to accomodate.

If you are near Washington you aren’t that far from me. I take my cattle down to Pinetown for processing on occasion and was just there in October.

• #81796
                                                                                                                              wparkinson4
                                                                                                                              Participant

WP4, want to discuss this further for sure. I am off to MVT this weekend for a training class, but will get with you on my return. Couple of quick questions, “where is E town” where Chris trains? When you say host a get together, what do you have in mind, social or do you have some land for training?

E town is Elizabethtown the range is actually between there and Roseboro/Salemburg. The guy that runs it can be found on Facebook and is called Recondo Operations Group. As far as my place I think there are lots of possibilities for training. I am limited as to what we can do LIVE but there is plenty of room to move, if you don’t mind NC coastal plain pine forest. I am also open for social meet and greet with some range time. I have 500 yards of range in my back yard with a berm at 100. Definitely good for some static stuff.. I have a shop where people can camp out indoors if you like.

Having said all that.. I think a meet and greet would be appropriate. A little getting to know you type of meeting. E-city isn’t that far from me.. Look up Belhaven.

WP4, did you post under the name PAP1776? I am trying to get a clear picture of the flow of this old thread and was wondering if you are the same guy posting about having access to a large land area for training near Washington, NC. If so, would like to try and get an idea of the “realm of the possible” for training. There are a lot of ideas surfaced within my group that we just don’t have the land space to accomodate.

If you are near Washington you aren’t that far from me. I take my cattle down to Pinetown for processing on occasion and was just there in October.

Yes I am/was PAP… and we take deer to Acre Station for processing into ground meat.. Approximately how big is your group? I have lots of room… ;-) Just don’t want to raise lots of eyebrows with a LARGE gathering…

WP

• #81797
                                                                                                                                sneakypete
                                                                                                                                Participant

I would probably bring down a max of around 10 people. Yep, Acre Station is where I take the steers. I am bringing one down this month.

• #81798
                                                                                                                                  wparkinson4
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Pete… 10 would be good number. My buddy Chris would probably want to come up too and maybe a Medic he took a class with. I have plenty of room in my shop for camping out in.

• #81799
                                                                                                                                    zeerf
                                                                                                                                    Participant

I would also like to meet up if we could make the scheduling work out for everyone. Looks to be around 4 hr drive give or take for me. Happy to have ya carpool with me Pinky! :)

• #81800
                                                                                                                                      Corvette
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Chris / Clfless / carpenter
                                                                                                                                        It’s about 3.5hrs for me to Wp4’s place.

Zeerf / Brian ,would be cool if you can come.

• #81801
                                                                                                                                        Pinky
                                                                                                                                        Participant

is there a “when” defined?

thanks

• #81802
                                                                                                                                          wparkinson4
                                                                                                                                          Participant

No see date as of yet… stand by… :good:

• #81803
                                                                                                                                            Corvette
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Hi all,

I’m the corpsman (aka the medic) that took the class with cfless. I’m down to meet. WP4, the range you’re talking about wouldn’t be the one that hosts the Infidel Gunfighter Matches, would it?

• #81804
                                                                                                                                              wparkinson4
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Hi all,

I’m the corpsman (aka the medic) that took the class with cfless. I’m down to meet. WP4, the range you’re talking about wouldn’t be the one that hosts the Infidel Gunfighter Matches, would it?

Hey doc good to hear from ya… Chris speaks highly of you :good: that carries a lot of weight in my opinion.

No I don’t know where that is. This is just some “land” I have access to. You will see. Chris can give you details.

WP

• #81805
                                                                                                                                                Corvette
                                                                                                                                                Participant

For anyone interested, Wparkinson4 (fappy), st4t3s (doc), and I (carpenter) are going to be at Range 37 on Dec 3 for the Gauntlet Match.

http://gunfighterleague.com << link to event

Doc shot last month and says it’s good training day, so we a going to give it a shot, only $35.
                                                                                                                                                  Good bang for the buck training day.

Chris

• #81806
                                                                                                                                                  Corvette
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Yeah, it is a lot of fun and good training. They bill it as “tactical 3-gun”, and while I hate the gross overuse of that word as much as anyone, it’s true: it’s not run for time so much as for practice (for example, you’re supposed to clear areas as you get to them, you don’t retain mags on speed reloads, etc). I’ll take some GoPro footage and share it with the class afterward.

• #81807
                                                                                                                                                    Jack Moses
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I am in Charlotte, NC. Please post if there will be any training in the future.

• #81808
                                                                                                                                                      zeerf
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Jack,
                                                                                                                                                        I am up in VA now but moved up here from South CLT area (about 5 min from Carowinds). Happy to make the drive down that way if you guys get something going. With work/fam Obviously the more notice I have the more likely. I know it is a good hike but also have met up with another from the forums here in RVA area if you are ever up this way.

Viewing 72 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.