Petition for the Recall of Governor Ralph Northam

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces Petition for the Recall of Governor Ralph Northam

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 3 weeks ago by JC. This post has been viewed 350 times
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      JC
      Participant

It appears there are two petitions to recall Northam circulating. Or maybe it is the same effort? Anyone have any info about these?

Virginia Constitutional Conservatives

Change Org

Spencer
        Participant

They look like different efforts and should probably combine.

I did read last night that we need near 300k votes and that if we breach that threshold, the decision goes to the judges, and they have never removed an office-holder. he’s out in 2021 regardless, but I wish we could remove him from office for cause before then.

See below:
          “Either way, you’re looking at almost 300,000 signatures that would have to be collected before the recall process could proceed.

If all of these bureaucratic barriers are overcome, then gun owners are going to face the biggest challenge of all. Under Virginia statutes, citizens don’t actually take part in the recall vote. It’s left to the state’s circuit courts to decide whether or not the official being recalled has to step down.”

“…No chief executive or holder of statewide office has ever been recalled in Virginia”

What Would It Take To Recall Governor Ralph Northam?

DCH 10/2019
          H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

Andrew
          Participant

Sounds like a rigged game to protect the guilty and the ruling class.

trailman
            Participant

I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess I didn’t hit send. If at all possible why not go ahead and do it. Just from the level of support in the 2A sanctuary movement there will be at least 300k signatures all it takes is the organization. It would accomplish a couple of things, first it would gather national attention I think other than the media basically mocking the sanctuary movement. It would give the A-hole something he has to deal with bringing him more unwanted national attention. Recall him on the violation of the VA constitution, parking tickets whatever. Any type of offense is forward moving. I’d think that the offer from WV to annex counties would be a good effort too. Doesn’t matter that the legislature has to approve it. Equate the desire to leave to escaping slavery, shame them. I’ve been listening to the Mark podcasts and hes right in that aspect, the left operates on a shame culture. Just some ideas along the lines of the post topics.

Spencer
              Participant

:good:

DCH 10/2019
                H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

JC
                Participant

I totally agree on both counts (recall and petition to join WV). They would turn up the political heat and that is a good thing.

But, I’m not able to find out much info about either of the organizations with petitions – Virginia Constitutional Conservatives (VCC) or Change Org. Of the two VCC seems like it might be more legitimate. A guy named Daniel Palmer seems to have started the petition on Change Org, but who he is, and what they represent they don’t say. Both feel like “bush league” organizations.

If anyone has any info about them, please chime in. Or if anyone knows of another recall petition from a vetted source please let us knows.

For now I went ahead and signed the petition on VCC.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.