OPFOR for Reconnaissance Class + Awesomeness

View Latest Activity

Home Forums MVT News & Training Updates OPFOR for Reconnaissance Class + Awesomeness

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

We are going to need OPFOR for the Recce Class. The first class is November and we will need OPFOR for the 23 /24 (Saturday / Sunday).

OPFOR is Free. We supply you with the AirSim equipment.

It is a free Force on Force weekend.

Also, although you will be filling specific roles due to the scenarios, there is also going to be some epic stuff as part of the Recce Class. So if you think OPFOR is simply sitting in a bunker until dying, that will not be the case. It will include free movement and running battles.

Now, despite the books we have all been reading lately, the Recce Class is not SOG. It is based more on LRS, which has roots going back to SOG. I already talked before about how SOG was not classic recon, and was really something else.

However, that said, if I can get a battalion of OPFOR to chase you back to your LZ, then I’ll be happy.

Mark the dates and write to me!

Max

Andrew
        Participant

You have no idea how much I wish I had the time and money to go over there and help you out with that. Logistics say NO. I hope you can get a good size group.

SeanT
          Keymaster

In for 23rd
            Working on 24th

T
            Participant

Hmmm

Max
              Keymaster

Hmmm

? Mysterious

AntMan
                Participant

I am in.

2xcqbc
                  1xclc

trailman
                  Participant

Sent an email, i can do one day.

Max
                    Keymaster

We need a smaller amount of OPFOR for the Saturday. Due to what we are doing with the class. The time we need the OPFOR is really Sunday morning. So, if you have a choice, Sunday morning is it.

trailman
                        Participant

I’ll check for Sunday morning it will be two of us.

reclaimer
                        Participant

I’ll be there for both days, and there’s about a 75% chance I’ll be bringing a second to OpFor with me.

AntMan
                          Participant

How many opfor are still needed? I have potentially 2 or 3 people interested in coming with me.

2xcqbc
                            1xclc

Max
                              Keymaster

EVERYONE is still needed. I don’t have a list, but I don’t think many have stepped up.

Seems to be the nature of the selfish ‘conservative’ dynamic. Only what benefits thee directly – which is laughable when guys don’t even realize that being OPFOR is training and will benefit them, and its free.

I have become increasingly (in general) tired of the dynamic and the inability to foster community, which is made worse by the overall shitty aand weak nature of the modern sheep. This is why every day I see evidence of people frustrated trying to build team.

This is why we have Team Rekkr. But it doesn’t work if your wife (etc) always puts the brakes on any training you want to do. Or insert other bullshit excuse. This shit is coming down the pike and ignoring it will not prevent you and your family being overrun.

SeanT
                                  Keymaster

I will be there Sat as discussed Max for that particular task. Be back Sunday for the other tasks :-)

trailman
                                Participant

I’ll be out with my Son Sunday Morning until about two.

Max
                                  Keymaster

Reminder on OPFOR for this class. Preferably we will have swarm of OPFOR for the Sunday. but I am not sure that is what it is looking like so far!

reclaimer
                                      Participant

I’m still coming and I’m working on bringing more with me. Is there anything I need to know and/or bring?

Max
                                          Keymaster

You are catching me on the way up to VTC for Night Operations. If Scott doesn’t catch this I’ll get an answer posted over the weekend. It will be sometime on Saturday.

josdupesko
                                        Participant

This is my first post the group and have not had any prior MVT training. However, I am available and interested in participating as an OPFOR on Saturday and/or Sunday as needed.

ariel
                                          Participant

I will be there for both Saturday and Sunday. Hoping to wrangle some others into coming with me.

Max
                                            Keymaster

For anyone coming as OPFOR, show up in appropriate work clothes (not camo). We will get you a time on Saturday. Prob more around lunchtime. I’m up here with Scott at Night Ops right now.

We will supply you with airsim rifles and mags. We can supply you with a chest rig and a paintball mask. If you want to bring your own load carrying gear, that is fine. Also, if you want to bring your own face protection as per the airsim page, that is fine.

I currently have no accountability of who is coming as OPFOR, except posts here. I also know that some of you have not been to the VTC before. I need anyone who is planning on coming as OPFOR to email me separately, let me know if you have been here before, and how many people you are bringing.

We primarily need OPFOR for Sunday morning, but if you show up Saturday we will use you. For now, plan on something like lunchtime Saturday until I update the time here.

rampantraptor
                                              Participant

If you’re within driving distance and have nothing better to do (and unless you’re stuck working, you probably don’t), OPFOR is a good chance to stress test your own equipment and yourself. I found out a regular LBE isn’t very great and that a chest rig with the elastic loops would be more useful, also we simulated a enemy QRF after the class took too long clearing an objective, I was a bit winded afterwards and got a nice reminder I need to work on my cardio because I’ve become a lard ass since I got home. There’s no real substitute for combat besides combat but airsim exercises do help inoculate you to the tunnel vision and confusion that can happen in a real operation.

You might even learn some real life tricks from OPFOR who have done stuff IRL, my old instincts kicked in and I was using slabs of shale to cover up my murder holes the same way we’d use the thick stone tiles on rooftops overseas, though I’m not sure if the other OPFOR took note that time. ;-)

If you know any CQB basics then OPFOR during CQB is extra rewarding because mistakes in the CQB hut are immediately obvious, I heard enemy about to come through a door (BBs don’t travel through doors unlike real bullets ;-) ) and I fucked up a turn and got dropped through a window I had just been covering – I instantly knew I didn’t pie the corner right.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.